shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scorptress

Rough_Rock
Morning everyone!!
I have a few questions. Ive been reading the posts for the last few weeks and THINK i might understand some of this.

Question:

Fluorescence in diamonds;

if i have gathered the right info and processed it in my newbie mind, i THINK this is what is correct:

To have blue Fluorescence is ok in the lower colors like H I J?

But best if the clarity is VS2 SS1 an SS2?

But if going higher then a I, the less to no Florescence is best?

If that is correct, it would mean...

Have a nice (ideal, etc) cut, higher clarity, but are able to go lower in color. Right?

What i want to do is get a eye clean princess diamond, no larger than 1.50, but also i dont want to see alot of warmth. Im not looking for the industry standard of a "perfect stone". I would like to have a PRETTY stone, that looks full of life but not break the savings account of my future hubby!!

Ive been searching and looking at hundreds of diamonds online. I''m a bit lost on the table , girdle and depth. Im not sure what would be within a good rage for these measurements. I know the best way to pick a diamond is to see it and make a personal choice. But any advice would be welcomed!!! Thank you !!

If im totally wrong with this please help!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:57:23 AM
Author:Scorptress
Morning everyone!!
I have a few questions. Ive been reading the posts for the last few weeks and THINK i might understand some of this.

Question:

if i have gathered the right info and processed it in my newbie mind, i THINK this is what is correct:

To have blue Fluorescence is ok in the lower colors like H I J?

But best if the clarity is VS2 SS1 an SS2?

But if going higher then a I, the less to no Florescence is best?

Have a nice (ideal, etc) cut, higher clarity, but are able to go lower in color. Right?

What i want to do is get a eye clean princess diamond, no larger than 1.50, but also i dont want to see alot of warmth. Im not looking for the industry standard of a 'perfect stone'. I would like to have a PRETTY stone, that looks full of life but not break the savings account of my future hubby!!

Ive been searching and looking at hundreds of diamonds online. I'm a bit lost on the table , girdle and depth. Im not sure what would be within a good rage for these measurements. I know the best way to pick a diamond is to see it and make a personal choice. But any advice would be welcomed!!! Thank you !!

Hi Scorp,

Flo does not really have to be limited to lower colors. If strong to very strong, it will help them out more, but there are many posters with colorless diamonds that have flo and love them. In S to VS, it is a case by case basis on whether it has a negative affect. (rare) And clarity is not a concern with flo, at least that I've heard.

The better the cut, the more color can be masked, along with flo. I would not recommend specifically looking for a stone with flo though, that may greatly limit your search.

Here is a guide that might help. Also, if you go with a vendor that offers ASET pics, that can greatly help the process of finding a pretty stonme. I will include a link for that too.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-we-prefer-aset-to-ideal-scope-with-fancy-shapes.73949/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 8:57:23 AM
Author:Scorptress
Morning everyone!!

Question:

To have blue Fluorescence is ok in the lower colors like H I J? Yes, and it is perfectly fine to have it in higher colours if you so desire. This can be a matter of taste.

But best if the clarity is VS2 SS1 an SS2? The SI clarities such as SI1 or SI2 are not created equal so you need to check that such a diamond is eyeclean to your standards by asking the vendor, if so then SI grades can be a great choice. VS2 can also be an excellent choice.

But if going higher then a I, the less to no Florescence is best? No, again it is a matter of preference. We have some with colourless diamonds and fluorescence who love it.

Have a nice (ideal, etc) cut, higher clarity, but are able to go lower in color. Right? Cut is key for beauty so very important to concentrate on. Clarity, SI can be considered if eyeclean and to fit the budget, colour is a personal preference and depends on the budget also.

What i want to do is get a eye clean princess diamond, no larger than 1.50, but also i dont want to see alot of warmth. Im not looking for the industry standard of a 'perfect stone'. I would like to have a PRETTY stone, that looks full of life but not break the savings account of my future hubby!! Then consider the best cut you can by working with a trusted vendor with hand picked in house Princess with all the analysis done so you can make an informed choice. A good vendor will be able to supply you with ASET images and photos of the diamond. Look at VS2 to SI clarity and F to H colour initially ( GIA or AGS graded).

Ive been searching and looking at hundreds of diamonds online. I'm a bit lost on the table , girdle and depth. Im not sure what would be within a good rage for these measurements. I know the best way to pick a diamond is to see it and make a personal choice. But any advice would be welcomed!!! Thank you !! No real agreed measurements for Princess, you can narrow the field by looking at AGS0 cut grade Princess, but some of the expert vendors also have hand selected GIA Princess with stunning optics. Again images are essential and the skill of the vendor to help you.

Scorptress

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ellen & Lorelei

Time to search with the new info i have !!

Kelly

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well good luck!
9.gif
And you''re very welcome.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 3:28:54 PM
Author: Scorptress
Thank you Ellen & Lorelei

Time to search with the new info i have !!

Kelly
We are glad to help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results