shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Setting - need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
Help Guys-
I just purchased a .95 princess cut online and am very happy. Unfortunately, that was the easy part!
I know my fiancé is interested in a solitaire, white-gold ring, but I have not been able to find a setting I like. It just seems like on all the settings (Tiffany style), the prongs are too big and take away from the diamond. I’ve been told that the prongs are filed and will look better when filed, but I’m still not sure.

Are there any other options? Any advice that would help? Thanks!

AmPm

Rough_Rock
Hi Anthony,
Congratulations on your purchase, I have to agree with you big prongs do seem to take away from a diamond and when you have such a beautiful stone why would you want to hide it? It's always much nicer to see as much of your diamond as possible with it still been nice secure. Yes you can have the claws filed, personally I like the look of a four claw 'V' prongs on a princess cut solitaire, not to heavy nice and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results