shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Engagement Ring-Thanks for Inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock

Hi Everyone!

First of all, many thanks to those of you that helped me on Rocky Talk! There are some very nice folks out there that are very patient to answer my questions! Many thanks to you! Ironically, that weekend that I posted my questions, my fiance and I found the perfect ring. There was one girl that replied to my posting (Erin) and she was so right when she said that she and her fiance picked the one that made her smile. That''s exactly what happened. We were searching for a princess cut that was ~1.50 carats. What we found was a princess cut stone that was in a simple solitaire setting in platinum (I have an allergy to gold). We are still trying to decide on the setting (I love Tacori- but I have become very attached to my ring and I am a sentimental sap- so I think we''ll be looking at a Tacori wedding ring) but I think it will remain unchanged. Anyhow, here is what we got from Costco of all places (we have been looking since February- online, in jewelry stores, and jewelry districts). My fiance was the one that saw it and pointed it out. It was so pretty and sparkly...it was like it was smiling at us! We celebrated our perfect find by going out to dinner and it was there that my fiance gave the ring to me. It was perfect like when he proposed to me in May with all my animals surrounding us (I have a small farm- 1 dog, 4 cats, 2 birds- but he loves them all like they are his!!). Again, many thanks to those of you that were kind enough to take the time to write and many well wishes to everyone out there on pricescope! So here are the stats and I will post a picture of the ring in the engagement ring box and then one of us! Have a great night everyone!!

Terri

Shape and Cutting Style Square Modified Brilliant (GIA Cert)
Measurements 6.55x6.26x4.42 mm
Weight 1.45 carat
Depth 70.6%
Table 73%
Girdle thin to thick
Culet none
Polish/symmetry Very good/good
Clarity VS2
Color G
Fluorescence none

Pricescope_Ring.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Gosh, I have to apologize for my delay in getting this picture on the web. I am so new to this website...it takes me forever to figure things out (you know, operator error!). Here''s a picture of me and my sweetie the night he presented the beautiful ring we found together! He''s such a great man!! Thanks for taking the time to read my posts!

~Terri

J_T_P.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Its a classic and you stone is lovely! Congrats, and ya''ll look soo happy together!
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful! I think the simple solitaire settings are so classy. Enjoy and congratulations! Post a hand shot if you can
1.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
The classic elegant look of your ring is so beautiful! I''d love to see handshots!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s a classic.
I''m glad you were able to find your "smiling" ering.
Good for you.

Wear it in good health.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is classic & elegant. Wonderful choice! Perhaps you could post some hand shots now?

Congrats on your engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful. congrats
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your engagement and finding the perfect ring
36.gif

please post more pictures!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful!!!!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!! A hand pic is a must!!!
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congratulations!!!! Lovely ring, simple, elegant and classy...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! congrats and best wishes
1.gif

acutenanner

Rough_Rock
I got my center stone from Costco too!! When I saw your ring and saw the box that it was in..first thought was..Omg.she got her ring from Costco!
I special ordered it and the lady, Kristine Mori-McKay was awesome...I told her what i wanted, what size, color and clarity...I got a 1.01, E color, VS2, princess. I AM SOO HAPPY WITH IT.
We reset it in a setting w/Half Moon on each side. The Half moons are cut like a brillliant round cut. The traditional half moons are cut like an emerald cut aka Step cut. Ctw 77, E color, VS2.
if you look to post on page 39 under eyecandy you will see it there w/the channel set wedding band. It''s in a black box.
I am going to reset the center stone a little higher though. In the pictures it''s too level w/the side diamonds and makes the side diamond look real big. So by resetting the center a little higher, it''ll offset the side stones better and wont'' look as big.

anyhow..GOOD choice on buying it at Costco. I am not disappointed at all and LOVE the fact that I got it there. People cannot believe i got the center stone at Costco.

-Jennifer
email me if you have [email protected] GOOD LUCK!!
35.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and classic.

I got my ring engagment ring at Costco too. We found it to be the best deal (even comparing it to online diamond jewelers). I had my princess ring reset with traps on each side. People can''t believe we purchased our engagment ring at Costco. So congratulations again!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone-

You all are so sweet and so wonderful! Thanks so much! My fiance and I have really appreciated all the wonderfully sweet comments and compliments you have left for us! So...by popular demand...I have taken some hand shots (after educating myself on what is a good hand shot is by looking at other postings on Pricescope- boy I am such a fledgling to this site!) that I think are good...I also grabbed a shot that was taken the night my wonderful fiance, John, gave me this gorgeous ring. It''s not the best shot but it is from the moment you know?! The jury is still out on whether I want to change the setting or not. I have seen so many lovely and original settings on here that it makes me want to still do something unique but my sentimentality (is that a word?) might get in the way. In either case...many thanks to you all. I promise to respond to each of your postings directly after posting some pictures here. By the way, those of you that have pictures posted have some seriously beautiful rings! Have a great night everyone!

Hugs,
~Terri

PS The first shot was the one taken the night John gave the ring to me.

Ring_Parkers.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Here''s the next shot I took on my lanai. I am still learning how to use my digital camera which will become evident quickly.
28.gif
. I hope it at least gives you some good idea of what my ring looks like on my hand. Boy it sure makes me smile!

Hugs,
~Terri

Ring_Lanai.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Wow, ok, here''s the final shot I took. I hope it''s ok for you guys. I am so old school and want to use the "normal" camera my grandma gave me but I don''t have a macro lens on it. In either case, I hope you enjoy this last shot. Please let me know what you guys think! You guys are so cool and so supportive. Many thanks to those of you that took the time to write. Believe me, your sweet comments are going in my wedding memories album!

Many hugs!
~Terri
35.gif
17.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Ring_Lanai2.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 2:40:20 AM
Author: Matatora
Its a classic and you stone is lovely! Congrats, and ya''ll look soo happy together!
36.gif
Dear Matatora,

Thank you so much for the sweet words! I feel so lucky and honored to have such an amazing man in my life! He''s so cool! Very patient and so loving...it doesn''t get much better! Many thanks for your kind words! I love your picture of your doggie! He/she is so cute!! Please stay in touch!!!

Many hugs,
Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 7:58:34 AM
Author: diamondsrock
it''s beautiful! I think the simple solitaire settings are so classy. Enjoy and congratulations! Post a hand shot if you can
1.gif
Hi Diamondsrock,

Thanks so much for the nice message. You know it''s funny, I had my heart so set on Tacori but this ring is just gorgeous all by itself! I am amazed! I have posted some handshots if you get a chance to check them out. Thanks for being so sweet! Have a wonderful wonderful Friday!

Many hugs,
~Terri

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love your princess--so elegant and sleek, and it looks HUGE on your finger...Congrats! great ring!
36.gif
30.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 8:16:19 AM
Author: dazedland
The classic elegant look of your ring is so beautiful! I''d love to see handshots!
Hi Dazedland,

Thanks so much for the flattering compliment. I really feel so lucky to have such a lovely ring and more importantly, such an incredible man! I have finally posted some handshots! Let me know what you think!!

Many hugs!
~Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 9:18:59 AM
Author: sevens one
It''s a classic.
I''m glad you were able to find your ''smiling'' ering.
Good for you.

Wear it in good health.
Dear Sevens One,

Boy you sure have some great postings on here. Many thanks for the good wishes. They are classics to me! I wish you all the best in this world! Please stay in touch as you can. I''d love to hear your feedback on the handshots I have added tonight! They were the scariest shots I have done since they were so important! Have a wonderful Friday!

Many hugs,
~Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 9:21:18 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Your ring is classic & elegant. Wonderful choice! Perhaps you could post some hand shots now?

Congrats on your engagement!
Hi BrightSpot,

You are a dear! Thanks so much for the wonderfully sweet words! I feel so lucky to have had so many nice folks respond to my posting! And I feel so lucky to have found such a smart and inspiring man to share my life with! I have finally gotten some hand shots on here...please let me know what you think!
28.gif

Many hugs!
Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 9:27:17 AM
Author: mrssalvo
It''s just beautiful. congrats
1.gif
Hi Mrs Salvo,

Thanks so much...you just gave me warm fuzzies and made me smile in so few words! I have seen that you are a super nice person from your postings...I feel so honored to have such a nice comment from you! Wishing you all things good!

Many hugs,
Terri

PS I posted hand shots finally. Let me know what you think!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 10:18:39 AM
Author: belle
congratulations on your engagement and finding the perfect ring
36.gif

please post more pictures!
Hi Belle,

Boy I have seen so many of your very sweet postings all over this web site. I feel so lucky to have your feedback and such a nice note! I have posted some handshots finally! Please forgive my digital camera (it''s definitely operator error). I''d love to hear what you think! Have a great Friday!

Many Hugs,
~Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 10:24:30 AM
Author: kaleigh
Your ring is just beautiful!!!!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!! A hand pic is a must!!!
36.gif
Hi Kaleigh,

Thanks so much for the wonderful message..I don''t mean to sound like a broken record on here. Everyone has been so nice and so supportive! I do have some hand shots posted finally! Let me know what you think! By the way, if that shot for your profile is your rings..oh my gosh...they are lovely! Many congrats sent your way too!

Hugs!
Terri
30.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 11:38:23 AM
Author: bling*diva*
~~Congratulations!!!! Lovely ring, simple, elegant and classy...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Hi Bling *Diva*,

Many hugs and many thanks for your message! It meant so much!!! It''s going in the mandatory wedding scrapbook! Please check out the hand shots I posted tonight and let me know what you think!

Many hugs,
~Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 6:29:42 PM
Author: icekid
very pretty! congrats and best wishes
1.gif
Hi Icekid,

Wow, thanks so much! You made me smile...along with all the other nice messages/responses on I received. I posted some hand shots on here finally. Let me know what you think! I just wanted to tell you how cute your dog is! He/she is a doll!

Thanks again...many hugs sent your way!
Terri

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 12:30:35 AM
Author: acutenanner
I got my center stone from Costco too!! When I saw your ring and saw the box that it was in..first thought was..Omg.she got her ring from Costco!
I special ordered it and the lady, Kristine Mori-McKay was awesome...I told her what i wanted, what size, color and clarity...I got a 1.01, E color, VS2, princess. I AM SOO HAPPY WITH IT.
We reset it in a setting w/Half Moon on each side. The Half moons are cut like a brillliant round cut. The traditional half moons are cut like an emerald cut aka Step cut. Ctw 77, E color, VS2.
if you look to post on page 39 under eyecandy you will see it there w/the channel set wedding band. It''s in a black box.
I am going to reset the center stone a little higher though. In the pictures it''s too level w/the side diamonds and makes the side diamond look real big. So by resetting the center a little higher, it''ll offset the side stones better and wont'' look as big.

anyhow..GOOD choice on buying it at Costco. I am not disappointed at all and LOVE the fact that I got it there. People cannot believe i got the center stone at Costco.

-Jennifer
email me if you have [email protected] GOOD LUCK!!
35.gif
Hi Jennifer,

Many thanks for such a wonderful and thoughtful response. Your ring is gorgeous! I went and looked at it and also saw all the nice things you said to other folks. It''s too bad there aren''t more people floating around like those on Pricescope that are nice and supportive with what they write. It''s so refreshing. Anyhow...thanks so much for all that you shared. You have given me the courage to reconsider finding a new mounting. I love my ring so much and I am terrified that someone might take the stone but I am learning from Pricescope that if you find a trusted jeweler, you can still have the perfect, unusual ring that truly reflects who you are! Many thanks again! Oh yeah, by the way, I posted hand shots finally, tell me what you think! Stay sweet!

Hugs,
Terri

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful. The ring is beautiful and you two look adorable together!! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results