shape
carat
color
clarity

princess cut dimensions/advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kugino

Rough_Rock
hi...i'm choosing between two princess cuts but am a little unsure about table, depth, etc. standards for the princess cut. here are the two stones...both are GIA certified:

1.22 F/VS1
6.43x5.72x3.89
depth 68%
table 68%
girdle medium to thick
culet none
polish and symmetry good
no flourescence

1.23 D/VS2 (this one is also laser inscribed and has recently been graded)
6.09x5.98x4.31
depth 72.3%
table 77%
girdle thin to slightly thick
culet none
polish excellent, symmetry very good
faint flourescence

I can get these diamonds for the same price. While the D/VS2 is better all around, it does have a rather spread table and deep depth. I like the depth and table on the F/VS2, but its "squareness" is askew.

What are acceptable depth and table percentages for princess cuts? I know what they are for rounds, but it's hard to find info for princess cuts. I've already seen the F/VS1 and it is pretty...i'm going to see the D/VS2 tomorrow. HELLLPPP!!!!

thanks...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kugino,

?

Based on depth and table only the first stone looks better but I'm not sure about "squareness". You have to check it with an expert like David.[/u]

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the opposite sides are parallel, then it is only up to you to decide if you prefer a rectangle or a square shape. There is no difference in "quality" becasue of length to width ratio. That is a subjective decision on your part.

If by "askew" you mean the stone is not a true rectangle, then I'd just skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results