Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

princess cut dimensions/advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kugino

Rough_Rock
hi...i'm choosing between two princess cuts but am a little unsure about table, depth, etc. standards for the princess cut. here are the two stones...both are GIA certified:

1.22 F/VS1
6.43x5.72x3.89
depth 68%
table 68%
girdle medium to thick
culet none
polish and symmetry good
no flourescence

1.23 D/VS2 (this one is also laser inscribed and has recently been graded)
6.09x5.98x4.31
depth 72.3%
table 77%
girdle thin to slightly thick
culet none
polish excellent, symmetry very good
faint flourescence

I can get these diamonds for the same price. While the D/VS2 is better all around, it does have a rather spread table and deep depth. I like the depth and table on the F/VS2, but its "squareness" is askew.

What are acceptable depth and table percentages for princess cuts? I know what they are for rounds, but it's hard to find info for princess cuts. I've already seen the F/VS1 and it is pretty...i'm going to see the D/VS2 tomorrow. HELLLPPP!!!!

thanks...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kugino,

?

Based on depth and table only the first stone looks better but I'm not sure about "squareness". You have to check it with an expert like David.[/u]

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the opposite sides are parallel, then it is only up to you to decide if you prefer a rectangle or a square shape. There is no difference in "quality" becasue of length to width ratio. That is a subjective decision on your part.

If by "askew" you mean the stone is not a true rectangle, then I'd just skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.