shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing Negotiation- Tiffany & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karrmo

Rough_Rock
Fanboy: Thanks for your help. I appreciate your detailed response. I posted a reply with a little bit more detail on the ring stats. Thanks, Karrmo

karrmo

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your response. I wasn''t aware of these websites. Best, Karrmo

karrmo

Rough_Rock
workinghardforsmallrewards: Thanks for your continued response. Actually, I''m the wife. My spouse and I have been married 8.5 years but instead of the inital engagement ring, we built a house instead. We waited a long time to buy the big rock. Thanks, KM

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 9:53:07 PM
Author: karrmo
If anyone knows of a good dealer/designer in Seattle, please let me know.
These guys are maybe 6 hours away...challenging if going for no other reason...but they have enjoyed a good reputation here.

karrmo

Rough_Rock
Thanks! The site looks very informative and insightful articles not seen anywhere else. What''s your thoughts on blue nile? KM

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Re BN...general thoughts are...reputable, very big selection (albeit largly virtual...though some it still uniquely resourced by BN), 30 days to return, tend to be pretty low cost.

Generally, though...if you've a budget approaching $80K...you want to be sure you're dealing with some organization that a) will give you some individualized attention, and b) has expert staff on hand to provide this. I don't know who you have at BN.

Other people on this board...we read about and from...and so we know personally of their expertise. And, of their tools for examining diamonds, and the strategies for helping you optimize your choice.

You want to be able to take advantage of these sorts of resources, I think. Local, or not.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 4:15:00 PM
Author: AdamSklar
Tiffany has a one-year financing plan. Depending on your credit, it''s anywhere from 25%-35% of the purchase price down. Balance to be paid in 12 equal monthly installments. No interest.

Adam
I think this is if you apply for a Tiffany credit card and the card has UP TO 12 months interest free, ie if you have bad credit history maybe shorter period. This is what they told me when I asked, unless there is another financing plan that they didn''t tell me about.

AdamSklar

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 12:25:02 AM
Author: Kissmark
Date: 7/30/2007 4:15:00 PM

Author: AdamSklar

Tiffany has a one-year financing plan. Depending on your credit, it''s anywhere from 25%-35% of the purchase price down. Balance to be paid in 12 equal monthly installments. No interest.

Adam

I think this is if you apply for a Tiffany credit card and the card has UP TO 12 months interest free, ie if you have bad credit history maybe shorter period. This is what they told me when I asked, unless there is another financing plan that they didn''t tell me about.

Maybe different in different regions? I''m not sure. All I know is that in California, no need to apply for the Tiffany credit card. Undoubtedly, if your credit is terrible, they probably won''t finance you. But the 25-35% down is where the credit history comes into play. Specifically, if your credit is good, 25% down. If it isn''t so great, 35%. Interest free either way.

Adam

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah they told us about that financing plan also but as we live in Ireland it wasn''t going to be of help to us. That was in the NYC store. I agree that when you are looking at the rings in the case they all sparkle up at you and you really couldn''t tell what colour one was from the other. I asked could I see them next to the window and they obliged and it was only then that I started noticing differences between them. The ring that you are looking at sounds amazing! If you get it you have to post photos!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 1:05:57 PM
Author: MC

Date: 7/30/2007 1:00:30 PM
Author: MoonWater
This thread is very interesting. I always knew Tiffany & Co. were overpriced but I was still considering a diamond wedding band from them simply because I love their selection. Also it appears that they have quite a few under 3k which I thought was reasonable. You guys really have me second guessing myself!
I think a diamond wedding band that is under $3K would be fun to have! When it comes to spending loads on BIG center-stone diamonds, I would definetly shop around.

Everyone has differing opinions regarding Tiffany, though, so really do what's best for you. Right now I'm lusting over an aquamarine necklace they have, which I know is 3X what I should be paying, but I would LOVE to have it! lol It's only a $1,100 splurge, though, not a $79,000 one! The latter is a down payment on a house! lol
2.gif
Good point. I've been reading this site for a few of months and 3k does sound reasonable.

If it's what you like and you can afford it, then get it. We got a tiffany lucida as we searched high and low and have never found a setting like it. For us, it's worth it and we could afford it and are extremely happy with our decision. If you like it, then that's what will make you happy.

Good point as well. I like it on the site! I have yet to try anything on though
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results