shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing for Tiffany Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:55:48 PM
Author: FLY6584
Date: 4/30/2007 11:52:00 PM

Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/30/2007 11:50:32 PM

Author: FLY6584

Date: 4/30/2007 7:53:51 PM

Author: waterlilly

Sorry for the late reply! I swear this is what he told me, just last weekend! I was with a group of friends, and overheard him tell one of my girlfriends this, and I interrupted him and said ''really?!'' and he said yes, a one-time, first time purchase 50% discount, but you have to ask. However, since no one here has ever heard of it...I wonder if perhaps he could have been talking about himself as an employee, employees maybe can get this discount if the first item they buy is their engagement ring? He works at the Boston store. If you just call and ask, wonder if they''ll tell?

I''ll ask him and get back to you !
I am very interested to know more about this even though I know it''s a one in a million chance of being true. I am purchasing a Tiffany''s engagement ring tomorrow and 50% off would be VERY nice! I know I''m dreaming though.

Well according to waterlilly, all you have to do is ASK! So ask for us tomorrow and see what they say! Full report expected and best of luck with your purchase!
I definitely plan on asking, but I have a feeling they are going to laugh at me. I already tried negotiating the price because they didn''t have the exact stone I was looking for in a .95-.99, but they did have it in a 1.00 ($2500 increase for being a full carat). I asked them if they could work a little on the price because of the circumstances and I was told Tiffanys hasn''t negotiated a price in 169 years and they aren''t going to start now.

Hehe, you''re probably right, but you don''t want to be the guy that missed out because he didn''t ask! You could always call a Tiff''s anonymously first and ask so you don''t lose face at the store!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 7:53:51 PM
Sorry for the late reply! I swear this is what he told me, just last weekend! I was with a group of friends, and overheard him tell one of my girlfriends this, and I interrupted him and said ''really?!'' and he said yes, a one-time, first time purchase 50% discount, but you have to ask. However, since no one here has ever heard of it...I wonder if perhaps he could have been talking about himself as an employee, employees maybe can get this discount if the first item they buy is their engagement ring? He works at the Boston store. If you just call and ask, wonder if they''ll tell?
I''ll ask him and get back to you !
If this is true, I may be getting ready to propose to myself!
3.gif
Seriously, though, talk about the deal of a lifetime. I can''t wait to hear what FLY finds out...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 4:20:36 PM
FYI: I have a friend who works for Tiffany, and he told me they give a one-time, first time customer, 50% discount on engagement rings. If you ask about it.
Sorry to rain on everyone''s parade.

You must be an employee of TCo to get this discount, you must order it, sight unseen throught their internal order system, and can specify color, clarity and setting. You will wait a month to two months, perhaps more, and of course again this is for employees of TCo ONLY. The discounts are great, but then again, so are the mark-ups....
11.gif

FLY6584

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 8:35:56 AM
Author: Nicrez

Date: 4/29/2007 4:20:36 PM
FYI: I have a friend who works for Tiffany, and he told me they give a one-time, first time customer, 50% discount on engagement rings. If you ask about it.
Sorry to rain on everyone''s parade.

You must be an employee of TCo to get this discount, you must order it, sight unseen throught their internal order system, and can specify color, clarity and setting. You will wait a month to two months, perhaps more, and of course again this is for employees of TCo ONLY. The discounts are great, but then again, so are the mark-ups....
11.gif
Yes you are correct. I found out today that it is an employee discount that we are talking about. The salesman also mentioned it is no where near as good as 50% either.

On a side not my Tiffanys ring is on it''s way.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 6:10:36 PM
Author: DiaGem
Question:

Anyone knows what Diamond Shape comands the largest premium at T&Co?
Someone, please answer. It''s bugging yours truly.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Premium compared to THEIR purchasing price and mark-up thereafter, or the mark-up from the industry''s pricing to their pricing.

Personally, you can''t price the Lucida on the market, but also if they are cutting it themselves, it is a greater profit margin. If they are outsourcing, far less...

I am guessing that on a percentage basis the RB will likely be the most.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I am also going to venture to say two things::

1) that buying from a regular B&M store you have a price for diamonds. Tiffany''s diamonds are considered a higher grade than most B&M stores based on the clairty, cut and color ranges available. So they are maybe 25% higher than most B&M stores, considering the same color, clarity and cut ranges as offered at T&CO, not the "frozen spit". Compare apples to apples.

2) Also consider that the prices here at PS are almost wholesale. Truly. I know that even when buying stones on the wholesale level of good make and quality, you really are looking at prices slightly lower than the ones at PS. And the discount may really be for buying in bulk. As a matter of fact, I know of wholesalers who actually cahreg MORE than PS prices, and people who buy them (ans for less quality). So because many of these sellers are operating at a super slim profit (if they do not have a $10,000/month store front to pay for) may be skewing the industry rates of reality pretty badly for many of the shopers here. These prices are not market value, they are below in my opinion. From store to auction to wholesaler, these prices are NOT retail level.

So keep that in perspective as well.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, bummer that is only applies to employees!!!! Oh well, hopefully some lucky employee out there is going to get a great tiffany''s engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results