shape
carat
color
clarity

pricing for a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve913

Rough_Rock
Shape Round
Weight: 0.84 CARATS
Cut Grade: Ideal
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS1
Price: $4,847
Laboratory: AGS
Certificate No: 0002505102
Measurements: 6.01-6.06x3.74mm
Depth: 62.0%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly thick
Culet: NONE
Polish: IDEAL
Symmetry: IDEAL
Fluorescence: NONETo the naked eye, does the polish and symmetry look any different from Excellent and Ideal? and even very good? (side by side)About fluorescence, I was thikning of getting one medium blue. Is this wise? thanks.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The price is pretty good...here are others to check out...https://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp
F
VS2
2-EX
ex-vg-vg-vg
34°
43.5%
AGS
n-sk-f
pt
id
id
no
$3925
NiceIce.com

E
VS1
0.9-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
35.7°
42.6%
AGS
n-sk-f
pt
id
id
no
$4405
NiceIce.com

D
VS1
1.6-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
34.4°
43.2%
GIA
n-m-f
no
ex
ex
no
$4595
NiceIce.comI don't think anyone can see the difference with the naked eye between ideal/excellent and very good.As for fluorescence, it's a matter of personal taste. Accurately graded medium blue shouldn't have any oily quality. It may make the stone look a bit blue in strong sunlight...I like it.You may want to ask for a Sarin report on any diamond you consider.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
A Sarin report will give you all of the measurements of the diamond. You should ask the vendor to provide this to you.What do you think your girlfriend would prefer in terms of size? If you're not sure, you can ask her friends, family, etc.

steve913

Rough_Rock
what's a Sarin report?My girlfriend is petite in frame, and I was thinking of getting something larger, but lower quality. What do you think of that? I don't know what levels of the 4c's are microscopic, and which are slightly noticeable. I definitely want to get her something good quality, but is that rock too high end? can I get something larger and still retain the look of the diamond?thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
There are Sarin and Ogi machines that used to measure proportions of the diamonds including crown and pavilion angles. Having Sarin or Ogi measurements you can evaluate diamond cut using Holloway Cut Adviser on this site.The diamonds Lawmax quoted above are from companies that specialized on the AGS-ideal cut stones. Holloway Cut Adviser can tell whether a diamond can still be a good looking even if it outside AGS-ideal range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results