carat
color
clarity

Pricescope's New Survey + Chance to Win a Pendant or HCA App

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

Pricescope has published a new survey designed to gather feedback from our diamond and jewelry community. The goal is to help PS better understand peoples' attitudes about online diamond shopping to make it easier and safer for consumers to buy quality diamonds online.

Consumers who complete the 10-15 minute survey will have the chance to win the grand prize, a .60-carat H-color VS2-clarity diamond pendant from Holloway Diamonds, valued at $4,500. And every 10th person to complete the survey will win the Holloway Cut Adviser app (Android or Apple), a $10.00 value.

**Any personal information shared in the survey will be kept private and confidential.

Click here to take the survey

In the Q&A below, Garry Holloway explains the goals of the survey.

Why run a survey on Pricescope?

The main goal of this survey is to make it safer and easier for consumers to buy good diamonds. Pricescope offers a variety of tricks and tools to help new consumers narrow their search and buy diamonds from vetted vendors. These include grading reports, Holloway Cut Adviser (HCA), Ideal-scope, ASET, Hearts & Arrows, photos of inclusions, percentages, and angles etc. However these tools are all rejection based. The object is not to rate a diamond for its beauty – these are tools to identify problems and reject contenders. The tools are also biased to round diamonds and are dismal for most of the fancy shapes on the market; little if any useful information is available.

Why do most diamond shoppers avoid buying online?

Only about 5 to 15% of all diamonds and diamond jewellery are purchased online, even though there can be substantial savings for shoppers. The survey should help to better understand the fears that inhibit people from buying unseen diamonds and help us tailor solutions. At the end of the survey there are two short videos showcasing some new technology, which, if our survey results are positive, could improve both e-tail and B&M sales of "virtual" diamonds–where the stone is not with the seller.

How do videos help with comparison?

The video based technology allows you to ‘test drive’ or make side-by-side comparisons–the way we shop for many other products. Videos can enable better reviews and advice from our Forums, especially 3D stereoscopic diamond videos which enhance depth-of-field, enabling us to see if feather inclusions run to crown facets etc. Other benefits would be more availability of better looking fancy shapes, diamond manufacturer branding, and new cut designs.

Visit the blog to check out the prizes: Pricescope Survey and a Chance to Win a Diamond Pendant or HCA App

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Pricescope's New Survey + Chance to Win a Pendant or HCA

Hi Coati! :wavey:

I am not sure how to answer the questions about where I've purchased jewelry. I've purchased at Singlestone, ID Jewelry and eBay. eBay is pretty clear (online), but SS and IDJ have store fronts. I visited IDJ in person for one purchase and made the others via email. How should I be answering the questions about where I purchased my jewelry?

Also, I'm not sure how to answer the question about who purchased the jewelry, as my husband and I did it together. I had way more input into the design aspect, but he certainly had equal say in the decision to make said purchase or not, so do I check "myself" or "partner"??

I don't want to screw up your results...thanks for the clarification.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

yennyfire|1372722461|3475687 said:
Hi Coati! :wavey:

I am not sure how to answer the questions about where I've purchased jewelry. I've purchased at Singlestone, ID Jewelry and eBay. eBay is pretty clear (online), but SS and IDJ have store fronts. I visited IDJ in person for one purchase and made the others via email. How should I be answering the questions about where I purchased my jewelry?

Also, I'm not sure how to answer the question about who purchased the jewelry, as my husband and I did it together. I had way more input into the design aspect, but he certainly had equal say in the decision to make said purchase or not, so do I check "myself" or "partner"??

I don't want to screw up your results...thanks for the clarification.
thx Yennyfire - it will not make that much difference because its a 'branch' question and if you have done multiples options - it will direct you to the right next parts
regards
Garry

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for the clarification Garry! How's that new grandbaby of yours??

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I took it and had a few problems too.

I'm worried that there are going to be so many PSers taking it and most of us aren't afraid to buy online so the data
will be skewed towards PS long time members.

I think it would have been good if they asked if we were PS members and for how long. That way they could throw out
certain answers that didnt really help coming from long time members who know a lot about stones.

Maybe they already have all this figured out...just hoping they get good info.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

tyty333|1372723423|3475700 said:
I took it and had a few problems too.

I'm worried that there are going to be so many PSers taking it and most of us aren't afraid to buy online so the data
will be skewed towards PS long time members.

I think it would have been good if they asked if we were PS members and for how long. That way they could throw out
certain answers that didnt really help coming from long time members who know a lot about stones.

Maybe they already have all this figured out...just hoping they get good info.

I think Andrey has that under control and we will gain interesting info from the lurkers vs the registered forum members.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I took it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The other thing that may be misleading is the amount spent on jewelry. For example, I bought a 3.5ct cushion in a store, but later sold it to buy my 2.83 ct. antique oval online. How do I account for these transactions? As if I bought both (ie adding cost for both stones) or only the cost of the stone I kept? So many of us have bought, sold and traded jewelry, I think it may be next to impossible to accurately report what we've spent online or in store....

Just a thought...I did my best to be as accurate as possible...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Interesting survey!! A few questions that need adjusting --- but I wrote that on the survey :praise:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I took it but did not reveal my income.
The software forced me to pick a choice so I lied.

Perhaps remove that question since I doubt the data will be accurate.
You might get more accurate data if you ask women their weight and shoe size. :lol:

I also fibbed on my year of birth ... perhaps you could make the choices 5-year periods.

People really like their privacy Garry, especially PS members who have revealed here that they've spent a zillion bucks on diamonds.
Though I trust you personally, I do not trust 12-year old hackers in their mommie's and daddy's basements who can break into even the CIA's computer systems.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

I clicked on the link but it only said thank you for taking the survey and I didn't take the survey...???

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I also clicked on it. It described the survey and the chance to win a prize. But there was nothing to click on to take me to the actual survey questions. The only clickable link was to add it to my favorites.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great idea guys!!

Will you publish the general data?
Should trade members participate?
A lot of us buy diamonds for our SO's

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Rockdiamond|1372727045|3475745 said:
Great idea guys!!

Not publishing per se David, but there may be an oportunity for PS Vendors to see relevant parts.
Trade member can win a HCA app, but not the diamond.

SO = secret others??????

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I took it. I found the questions about whether it was a Gift, Investment or Other confusing. Why not list a personal piece of jewelry as an option, instead of forcing one to check the Other box?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I thought it was a very good survey, I just bought some diamonds online today!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great idea guys!!

Not publishing per se David, but there may be an oportunity for PS Vendors to see relevant parts.

SO = secret others??????

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Garry H (Cut Nut) said:
Great idea guys!!

SO = secret others??????

Now that would be a BIG problem for my Significant Other :tongue:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just needed a choice of "shops at multiple online vendors and buys from one online vendor"! I haven't bought diamond jewelry from a local store since finding PS! Of course, some of my online vendors do have a store, but I still consider them an online vendor since that is where I find the diamonds, etc.!

I also felt a little weird about posting private information. I didn't lie but wish I had about my birth year! :lol:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

diamondseeker2006|1372738321|3475823 said:
I also felt a little weird about posting private information. I didn't lie but wish I had about my birth year! :lol:
If I was as old as you DS, I would not lie. But then I never do!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

The HCA app will be handy in weeding out underperformers when shopping in stores without experts to help evaluate a diamond. :appl:

BhavinJ

Rough_Rock
Trade

Interesting :read: Survey :appl: Completed :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ashleigh|1372752454|3475897 said:
The HCA app will be handy in weeding out underperformers when shopping in stores without experts to help evaluate a diamond. :appl:

But useless for those of us who find rounds boring and prefer other shapes such as step cuts, ovals, pears, etc.

I tried to complete the survey this morning but ended up at the "Thank you for completing the survey" page right off the bat.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I tried to take it but got busy in the middle and when I came back it had timed me out. It won't allow me to start over so I guess I'm not in the running for the free prizes. I probably wasn't anyway so I guess that's ok but my halfway answer may screw up the stats.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

Poorly designed survey. Question 10 has a box for you to type something for Other, but there's no radio button for Other. None of the radio buttons describe my situation but I have to check one of them in order to answer that question. (I think someone already mentioned this one.)

There's nothing about researching multiple online shops, nor is there anything that covers those of us who buy preloved from individuals.

The answers to this question are going to be absolutely meaningless because the available choices are incomplete and you can't just answer "Other".

pssurvey01.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Question 21 could use a clickable "other" button too.

I think a question about pricescope (or similar sites) participation, or as an alternative, a question about how knowledgeable the participants consider themselves to be diamonds, would also have been useful. I suspect that Pricescope "regulars" would answer the questions very differently than someone who might be a PS newcomer. I realize the questions about recent diamond purchased capture some of that, but incompletely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I managed to find an incredibly tiny circle that brought me to the start of the quiz. For most of the questions, I felt that I could not pick a specific answer definitely and that it needed an "other" option. In addition, some of the questions were not clear enough for me to decide how strongly I felt in one direction or the other, so I guessed as best as I could, making a few presumptions. I am also sure that being a PSer will skew the results and that for me being a fancy cut lover, am sure to have rather wacky answers to the survey.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1372793038|3476135 said:
I managed to find an incredibly tiny circle that brought me to the start of the quiz. For most of the questions, I felt that I could not pick a specific answer definitely and that it needed an "other" option. In addition, some of the questions were not clear enough for me to decide how strongly I felt in one direction or the other, so I guessed as best as I could, making a few presumptions. I am also sure that being a PSer will skew the results and that for me being a fancy cut lover, am sure to have rather wacky answers to the survey.

Then you are ahead of me because as I posted above, I cannot find anything clickable to bring me to the survey.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Thanks,
Survey completed!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

ruby59|1372793823|3476144 said:
Chrono|1372793038|3476135 said:

Then you are ahead of me because as I posted above, I cannot find anything clickable to bring me to the survey.

I finally found what Chrono was talking about and took it. It didn't look like a circle to me, just 2 little bars on my screen and I took a guess that little spot would take me to the survey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results