clarity

Pricescope's New Survey + Chance to Win a Pendant or HCA App

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Pricescope's New Survey + Chance to Win a Pendant or HCA

ruby59|1372793823|3476144 said:
Chrono|1372793038|3476135 said:
I managed to find an incredibly tiny circle that brought me to the start of the quiz. For most of the questions, I felt that I could not pick a specific answer definitely and that it needed an "other" option. In addition, some of the questions were not clear enough for me to decide how strongly I felt in one direction or the other, so I guessed as best as I could, making a few presumptions. I am also sure that being a PSer will skew the results and that for me being a fancy cut lover, am sure to have rather wacky answers to the survey.

Then you are ahead of me because as I posted above, I cannot find anything clickable to bring me to the survey.
i dont know why - but there is also an intermittant banner at the top of some pages that takes you there.

Many of the issues folk have are because we are using surveymonkey for privacy to be sure that no one has access to any info on you.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I like the video. I wish there was more around education around different shapes and old stones.

Cricketcat

Shiny_Rock

Just a question about the image of the HCA app shown, there's the depth, table, crown, pavilion, and also something for symmetry. Is the symmetry component new or have I missed something? Thanks for any information.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

CharmyPoo|1372818562|3476357 said:
I like the video. I wish there was more around education around different shapes and old stones.
CP - The idea is that you compare any diamond to a known very fine stone - a Tolkowsky RBC. Like the H SI1 on the lower left. Then, especially if you have seen the actual sample(s) in the video in real life, then you can know any other cut performs - relative to a known top performer. Then you or anyone else can make a review of any diamond.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wait theres an app? I wanna buy this app.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ame|1372882992|3476854 said:
Wait theres an app? I wanna buy this app.
Still working on the final data Ame. Hopefully it will be finished soon - the android will be first then we finish the apple.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock

I took it! Loved the video. What a great idea. Plus, who doesn't like to see sparkly diamond videos.

I felt a little bad about the survey though, since I'm already an online diamond shopper, the video didn't really change my answers.
but I mentioned that in the survey.

DNEA makes videos of their stones for customers - it's one of the reasons I keep buying from Eric (plus the fab customer service, of course!), you can really see the stones better in the videos than from a flat picture.

Thanks for showing us the video!

:)

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

If a tool such as in the survey video was available to stores, it would be helpful to consumers. A positive side effect is that SAs would be more educated on their products. Seem quite impossible to be guiding customers using the tool without learning about round diamonds in the process.

But, Garry, do you think stores would want such a video since their products might not meet the standards of a H&A? I'd think it's easier for them to sell based on color and clarity to uneducated consumers. If stores do use the video, they then have to sell only H&A, which in a way will revolutionized the diamond cutting industry as people are only buying well cut diamonds. Places selling specialty round cut diamonds won't find the standard 57 facets round video useful, I suppose?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ashleigh|1373221569|3478616 said:
If a tool such as in the survey video was available to stores, it would be helpful to consumers. A positive side effect is that SAs would be more educated on their products. Seem quite impossible to be guiding customers using the tool without learning about round diamonds in the process.

But, Garry, do you think stores would want such a video since their products might not meet the standards of a H&A? I'd think it's easier for them to sell based on color and clarity to uneducated consumers. If stores do use the video, they then have to sell only H&A, which in a way will revolutionized the diamond cutting industry as people are only buying well cut diamonds. Places selling specialty round cut diamonds won't find the standard 57 facets round video useful, I suppose?

An excellent question Ashleigh.

I am proposing these 4 stones for a beta test. In fact they all have about the same value, so they are all 1ct stones of different flavors that the market considers to be of the same value. Interesting?
Of course the market does not value cut quality as much as the Pricescope community.

Together with my associate partners, the Cut Group, we will use this video technology to enable diamond manufacturers to rise to the challenge of cutting better quality and more diverse diamonds. One example is the interesting modern versions of old cut stlye diamonds which have a certain appeal. Their extra large virtual facets that show huge firey flashes have a certain appeal, even though they do not have the same brightness/brilliance.
This technology when used by diamond manufacturers will also enable the cutters themselves to place their logo on the videos they make of their diamonds (ViBox has systems to ensure every unit makes the same video as every other unit - a very hard thing to achieve). This enables us for perhaps the first time ever for companies making better diamonds to be elevated to brand status without the cost or sillyness of advertising. How many times have you seen in Mall's or ad's "the most brilliant diamond ever" - this damages the consumers confidence because there is no way to prove this diamond is better than that one. There really is no need to prove that when you buy from a company you can trust when you can see for yourself how each diamond compares to any other diamond.

This is a SELECTION system. not a REJECTION system, which is how we approach every other grading or evaluation system currently developed.

Paxonator

Rough_Rock

I also found how certain things were phrased confusing. I answered in the way I thought was correct. I think it was a worthwhile survey to take though.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Garry H (Cut Nut)|1373237165|3478742 said:
Ashleigh|1373221569|3478616 said:

An excellent question Ashleigh.

I am proposing these 4 stones for a beta test. In fact they all have about the same value, so they are all 1ct stones of different flavors that the market considers to be of the same value. Interesting?
Of course the market does not value cut quality as much as the Pricescope community.

Together with my associate partners, the Cut Group, we will use this video technology to enable diamond manufacturers to rise to the challenge of cutting better quality and more diverse diamonds. One example is the interesting modern versions of old cut stlye diamonds which have a certain appeal. Their extra large virtual facets that show huge firey flashes have a certain appeal, even though they do not have the same brightness/brilliance.
This technology when used by diamond manufacturers will also enable the cutters themselves to place their logo on the videos they make of their diamonds (ViBox has systems to ensure every unit makes the same video as every other unit - a very hard thing to achieve). This enables us for perhaps the first time ever for companies making better diamonds to be elevated to brand status without the cost or sillyness of advertising. How many times have you seen in Mall's or ad's "the most brilliant diamond ever" - this damages the consumers confidence because there is no way to prove this diamond is better than that one. There really is no need to prove that when you buy from a company you can trust when you can see for yourself how each diamond compares to any other diamond.

This is a SELECTION system. not a REJECTION system, which is how we approach every other grading or evaluation system currently developed.

It's awesome that you and your partners are coming up with a selection system for consumers to buy well cut diamonds. Ya, you're right that stores already selling performers will be recognised with the help of the video. On a deeper level, it's more important that cutters will cut better diamonds and diamonds catering to different taste. For example, I answered in your other thread that I prefer fire slightly more than brilliance. I did the survey but am not sure if it's helpful as I'm already an online shopper.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Paxonator|1373253754|3478852 said:
I also found how certain things were phrased confusing. I answered in the way I thought was correct. I think it was a worthwhile survey to take though.

I am very sorry about that - its what happens when the design is done by a committee.
Thank you all.
We hope to get plenty of regular non Forum members filling it out also - this comparison will be very useful to know what the main fears and differences are.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Forgive me if I missed it, but when does the survey close? When will the prizes be awarded? I read through this thread and the blog, but found no mention of this. Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

rainydaze|1375796292|3497528 said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but when does the survey close? When will the prizes be awarded? I read through this thread and the blog, but found no mention of this. Thanks!
Hi Rainydays,
When we:
1. get a statistically valid # of newbies - Admin just changed the front page banners to get more participants.
2. When HCA App is complete - data is done and dusted and developers working on it :)

ajodasso

Rough_Rock

That's what I was going to say: the survey appears to have been up for some months now (I just took it). Has anybody won?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ajodasso|1384464693|3556591 said:
That's what I was going to say: the survey appears to have been up for some months now (I just took it). Has anybody won?
Hi Ajodasso,
I am very sorry but the new HCA data and app has taken way longer than we ever expected.
Andrey has taken over from the mathematician I employed and we hope to have it ready soon.
Apologies to all.

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock

When am I going to get my diamond Garry? I was hoping to have it by Christmas LOL.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

nbuenavent|1387908818|3580020 said:
When am I going to get my diamond Garry? I was hoping to have it by Christmas LOL.
Hi nb, and all,
The new android app is completed and we are registering it on the Google site while concurrently working on the apple app.
So we are very close to closing off. We are approaching 2,000 respondents, so thank you all.
That means about 200 $10 apps, which means I probably will not sell many hahahaha!
Hopefully this is a week or two to drawing date!
If you have friends or family who would like to enter the draw, please get them to complete the survey.
We will also need to ask who wants a apple and who wants the android. I also have a $5 bet with someone that more of you are android than apple. hmmmm???

thank you all for your patience.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

apple here.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Apple here, too

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium