carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope GTG 2019 in Carlsbad, CA

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @nala !!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous time! (I’m so sad that it conflicts with my work schedule.)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We are going to draw for an additional prize - Three nights @ Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa courtesy of Whiteflash.

And the winner is......

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Nala has graciously decided to give her flight to someone else. She asked we pick someone at random.

And the winner for the flights is KKjohnson.

kkjohnson.jpg

Congratulation!

Whiteflash will be in contact with you shortly.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to the winners! You are going to have a ball!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala has graciously decided to give her flight to someone else. She asked we pick someone at random.

And the winner for the flights is KKjohnson.

kkjohnson.jpg

Congratulation!

Whiteflash will be in contact with you shortly.

Oh that is so great! Thank you @nala and Whiteflash! Joining Pricescope has been a wonderful decision and now I get to met so many of y’all in person!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@Texas Leaguer is there a schedule of events that will be emailed to the participants, or posted? I've been holding off on booking accommodations depending on whether we should be coming in Thursday evening for an early Friday start, or whether we should be coming in Friday. Thanks!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Texas Leaguer is there a schedule of events that will be emailed to the participants, or posted? I've been holding off on booking accommodations depending on whether we should be coming in Thursday evening for an early Friday start, or whether we should be coming in Friday. Thanks!

This is exactly what I am wondering as well! I am also not sure if @Texas Leaguer will email, call, or if I need to call Whiteflash to find out what nights I need to book

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will pin down the exact times soon, but there will be two presentations of about 1.5 hours each including Q&A on Friday. We will be catering a lunch from the GIA cafeteria so that folks can stay on campus between sessions. I believe the first session will begin around 10am and the afternoon session at 1 or 2 pm.

There will be some small group VIP tours offered and we have not yet decided whether to do those before or after the sessions, or perhaps a combination.

Considering there is a security sign-in, I think will be a good idea aim for a 9am arrival to the campus.

More details soon. Also, looks like we have another prize to give away...

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is exactly what I am wondering as well! I am also not sure if @Texas Leaguer will email, call, or if I need to call Whiteflash to find out what nights I need to book
For those of us flying in, booking Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights will probably makes most sense. If you have an early enough flight on Friday or a late enough flight on Saturday you may not need all three nights. But you won't want to miss the presentations, and you sure don't want to miss the GTG luncheon. Plus, Carlsbad is just a nice place to spend some time!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For those of us flying in, booking Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights will probably makes most sense. If you have an early enough flight on Friday or a late enough flight on Saturday you may not need all three nights. But you won't want to miss the presentations, and you sure don't want to miss the GTG luncheon. Plus, Carlsbad is just a nice place to spend some time!

I won the flight tickets that @nala had, should I expect an email from someone? I want to try and book the room but not until flights are done.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will pin down the exact times soon, but there will be two presentations of about 1.5 hours each including Q&A on Friday. We will be catering a lunch from the GIA cafeteria so that folks can stay on campus between sessions. I believe the first session will begin around 10am and the afternoon session at 1 or 2 pm.

There will be some small group VIP tours offered and we have not yet decided whether to do those before or after the sessions, or perhaps a combination.

Considering there is a security sign-in, I think will be a good idea aim for a 9am arrival to the campus.

:wall::wall::wall: I want to go so bad!!! I know y’all are tired of hearing this. It sounds like so much fun.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Bryan, that's what I needed to know. May I ask, what are these "small group VIP tours" you mentioned? Finally, I have a request, but it may be something you have already planned (I hope). Would it be at all possible for those who are interested to see a GIA master set of stones in person? I would love to see how color grading is actually done. Thank you, looking forward to the experience!!

ETA: Will we be having a Whiteflash stone presentation at some point? I'd love to see some WF beauties in person....

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DW and I spent a few days in Carlsbad recently. We visited GIA to drop off some colored stones for testing and certs, and also to do a self guided tour of the museum. If you want to take advantage of your visit to get stones tested, you will first need to become a GIA client, link HERE, and then fill out and print their online submission form to take with you and present with the stones. Allow about an hour at GIA to go thru the submission process, it's in a part of their facility that feels like you are trying to get into Fort Knox! GIA will mail the stones, complete with certs, back to you insured for the amount you tell them.

We stayed at the West Inn, very conveniently located to GIA, and found it to be very good value. Link HERE. Hope this info is of some help.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Bryan, that's what I needed to know. May I ask, what are these "small group VIP tours" you mentioned? Finally, I have a request, but it may be something you have already planned (I hope). Would it be at all possible for those who are interested to see a GIA master set of stones in person? I would love to see how color grading is actually done. Thank you, looking forward to the experience!!

ETA: Will we be having a Whiteflash stone presentation at some point? I'd love to see some WF beauties in person....
The full extent of the VIP tours is not clear yet. They will involve personally guided tours of the public exhibits. GIA does not typically allow visitors into the grading areas of the lab. But we will see. Talks are still ongoing and it to some extend depends on how many of us there are. If we are given access into the inner sanctum it will most likely be a small subgroup. We may have to draw straws if that becomes an option. The details should be finalized soon.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The full extent of the VIP tours is not clear yet. They will involve personally guided tours of the public exhibits. GIA does not typically allow visitors into the grading areas of the lab. But we will see. Talks are still ongoing and it to some extend depends on how many of us there are. If we are given access into the inner sanctum it will most likely be a small subgroup. We may have to draw straws if that becomes an option. The details should be finalized soon.
I'd only go into the inner sanctum if matthew McConaughey was there...:whistle::roll2:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have a room for Friday and Saturday night that a winner will not be using and we have put it back in the hopper. We have just drawn....

11008.jpg

@ForteKitty,
Someone will be reaching out to see if you can use the room and to make those arrangements.:appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
We have a room for Friday and Saturday night that a winner will not be using and we have put it back in the hopper. We have just drawn....

11008.jpg

@ForteKitty,
Someone will be reaching out to see if you can use the room and to make those arrangements.:appl:

Omg omg omg YAY!! Thank you! We're driving down from LA so I can definitely use the room!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for this trip! This will be the first time I am away from my daughter and she will be 14 months old, way overdue for a trip away from the family :dance:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just learned that Whiteflash is going to be doing one last drawing for hotel stay Friday and Saturday nights.

Stay tuned...

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just learned that Whiteflash is going to be doing one last drawing for hotel stay Friday and Saturday nights.

Stay tuned...

Oooohhhhh!!! That is exciting! :)

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And the winner is...

hypermom.jpg

@hypermom ,
Kate will be in touch with you soon to make arrangements for your hotel stay Fri and Sat nights courtesy of Whiteflash. Congrats!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations hypermom!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We will be having a specialty cocktail for the luncheon GTG on Saturday. Does anyone have suggestions or requests such as diamond blue cocktail, pink diamond fizz, PriceScope on the rocks?

Looking forward to all your creative ideas.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results