- Apr 19, 2008
Forgot to mention. Everyone should get a schedule about the events emailed this week. If you do not get it by friday please let us know.
Being a tequila lover I have to vote for the ... wait for it...We will be having a specialty cocktail for the luncheon GTG on Saturday. Does anyone have suggestions or requests such as diamond blue cocktail, pink diamond fizz, PriceScope on the rocks?
Looking forward to all your creative ideas.
@Athena10X ,Should those of us attending the GIA Q&A create a list of questions so that we can either vet them together in advance or ensure we’re not making duplicative inquiries? If there’s interest, should we create a separate thread? Thanks!
Yes, you check in anytime before the first presentation. We have arranged for coffee and pastries. A good opportunity to network with other pricescopers before the festivities commence.@Texas Leaguer Hi Bryan! For those of use who aren't early risers and will not go on the special GIA tour, we can just show up and check in 30 mins before the first presentation, right? Is there something specific we need to tell them? I asked Ella over email but didn't hear back.
A few ideas about questions to ask of the presenters:Should those of us attending the GIA Q&A create a list of questions so that we can either vet them together in advance or ensure we’re not making duplicative inquiries? If there’s interest, should we create a separate thread? Thanks!
We were not planning on bringing any goods, but I will pass it on to the ladies on the team who might enjoy modelling them for a few days.
Question for Sally:A few ideas about questions to ask of the presenters:
For Al Gilbertson:
For Sally Magana:
- What is the status of a cut grade system for fancy shapes at GIA? When might we expect it to be made available to the public?
- Regarding ASET, which you were heavily involved with during the development of the AGS light performance grading system, what can you tell us about interpreting ASET signatures to assess light performance for fancy shapes.
- When looking specifically at 'crushed ice' style fancies, there is often a lot of leakage (white in backlit ASET). How should that be interpreted?
- Are there any transparency or other light performance differences between CVD and HTHP synthetic diamonds?
- Is one or the other growing techniques likely to be the dominant way synthetic diamonds are produced in the future?
- What is the easiest way potential synthetic diamonds can be flagged for further analysis by a retail jeweler?