shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope 2015 $5,000 Holiday Giveaway

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really enjoyed reading these stories. I posted this band bc after stalking it for almost 3 years, I finally bought it as a gift to myself from myself! And my only regret is that I didn't buy it when I first saw it.
Edited bc pic was blurry. Here it is with my e ring image_4126.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you PS for offering such a marvellous opportunity for us crazy PSers to show off our favourite things!! (and your generosity is incredible!)

I have 2 favourite pieces but can only pick one so... Its my 1.68 ct "Q-R" OEC, in a14K WG IDJ setting.

As many of us have, we watch with awe and wonder at the beautiful pieces so many of the experienced old cut experts have found and brought new life to, by resetting in newer settings. I fell in love with OEC's, so I reached out to DreamerD (who I considered to be one of the TIP TOP "in the know" people to go to for advice) and she was so generous to help me find a beautiful diamond and point out the flaws in the ones I had found on my own. Thank HEAVENS for her kind and gentle advice (and a few internet slaps on the hand when I showed her some bad options!)

We hit on a beautiful stone, already set and she suggested I make an offer to the vendor. I did, it was accepted, the stone arrived and then the fun began - how to set this beauty! I brought it with me to a trip to NYC and had the opportunity to view settings at Leigh Jay Nacht, IDJ and Diamonds by Lauren. Meeting the faces behind the vendor names was so exciting!! While at IDJ, I met another PSer, Dougsgirl, and she helped me narrow down which setting, along with the wonderful IDJ staff adding their input.

I must add - the trip to NYC was during Hurricane Sandy and everything was shut down tight during our 5 day trip, until the very last day, so I maximized my diamond district visit and packed in a lot of sparkle in a short time frame! Poor DH. He had certainly done his time in a lot of diamond stores!

So - here is my very special PS ring that would never have happened if I didn't find PS in the first place as well as meeting new friends and wonderful vendors!

img_10231.jpg

img_10232.jpg

_35776.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My original engagement ring given to me on this day (Christmas Eve) 21 years ago. I happily wore it for 13 years, but destroyed it in an ice skating accident. I broke my wrist as well as my ring. The diamond had a significant feather towards an edge, and the fall caused it to shatterer. You can't tell so much from the top, but the underside looks like a spider web. When I think of my sweet husband, who absolutely hates jewelry, searching through stones trying to find a clean one, it makes me smile. He knew I wanted a marquise and wanted to surprise me for Christmas. That was way before PS, and you were at the mercy of the folks at the jewelry store.

_1208.jpeg

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh, how exciting! Thanks for the opportunity PS!

I've just moved house, and can't find the piece I wanted to share - so instead, I'm posting my first diamond pendant. I don't know much about it as it was a gift, but despite its maul store beginnings it sparkles like mad, and is the perfect size to add just a touch of sparkle to the neckline without being too overwhelming. It's petite, and whilst I've been researching solitaire pendants for months now, this will always hold a special place in my heart :)

_35777.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
My special bling is a Victorian star brooch which was given to me by my in-laws. It is a beautiful family heirloom, and will be passed on to my daughter one day (but not yet!). Sorry about the terrible photo....

victorian_star_brooch.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Christmas here already!!! Merry Christmas Linh and Andrey, Ella and all the P/S members from all over the world have a safe and Happy one!!!! :wavey:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "special bling" spent almost 40 years in a drawer before finding its way into my life.

My biological father drowned in "the great flood" in 1965 while my mother was pregnant with me. She hadn't told him about the pregnancy and they had no plans on getting married. She, alone, made an adoption plan for me and I was placed for adoption at birth.

When I was 26, a couple of years after my (adopted) dad died - I initiated a search for my birth parents through the agency (closed record state). The agency located my birth mother, but she chose to remain anonymous, having never told another soul of "the baby." She had also not identified the birth father to the agency because he had already died. Thus, my search ended. A dead end.

Twelve years later, in great part because of the Internet, serendipity, and four clues my birthmother told the agency about my birthfather, I located what I believed to be his three sisters. I wrote them each a letter explaining my story, my search, and how all my research pointed to their (long-deceased) brother possibly being my birthfather.

His sisters (my aunts), upon our first meeting, gasped and exclaimed how much I look like their father (my grandfather). They, of course, never knew anything about me and knew nothing of their brother's girlfriends while he was in college. I suggested that we do DNA testing, just to remove all doubt. As we all suspected, the testing - though of second-degree relatives - came back as a match!! I was so happy to have finally found a biological part of my ancestry and his sisters were so happy "to have been sent a piece of their brother" after all these years.

One night in 2003, during dinner with one of my new aunts, her husband, and their daughter, I was admiring this ring my aunt was wearing that I hadn't seen before on her hand. She asked me if I liked it, and took it off to show me. I put it on and admired the large golden claws, and was tilting my hand around when I noticed the carving in the stone. I took it off and handed it back to her telling her how much I liked it and saying how unique it was.

She handed me the ring back, clasped my hand, and said, "This belongs with you." She explained to me that it was her brother's ring he had gotten on a family trip to Italy and Greece for his graduation in 1959. He was wearing the ring when they found his body one month after he had fallen into the river. Since 1965, it had been in the envelope the ME gave her upon identification of his body.

This ring to me is a symbol of my ancestral history and represents a "little piece of my father" that I had never known and thought I could never find. I feel so embraced by these people who never knew me, yet gave to me the last tangible thing worn by their brother - my father.

"This belongs with you." I will treasure it always.

_35779.jpg

_35778.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! FInally :) I was having trouble getting a picture to upload, and I was getting kind of scared i wouldn't be able to enter!

My favorite piece is my wedding set. I love what it symbolizes, that I have the most amazing partner, and that we're stuck with each other forever! This is especially significant this week as we celebrated our dating and wedding anniversaries :) This year it's 3 and 13. Love my husband, and his generosity, thoughtfulness, and kindness. :love: :love:

img_10233.jpg

emmadee

Rough_Rock
This pendant was given to me by my mother on my 20th birthday. It was given to her by my grandmother on her 20th birthday, and to my grandmother by my great grandmother on her 20th birthday. Its not the flashiest piece or jewelry in my collection, but I love how the tiny diamonds catch the light. And what I love even more is the family tradition behind the piece. pendant.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My special Holiday bling is my Art Nouveau ring given to me by my mother.
My Grandfather had is socially made for my grandmother, and on my moms 19th Christmas it was given to her with special instructions to pass it onto her daughter on her 19th Christmas. I have had it for 12 years and I wear it everyday.

A fun little story about it. My mom wore it one day on the boat in the intercostal, and she actually dropped it into the water. My dad (being an avid scuba diver) dove for it and was looking for quite a good amount of time. Lucky for us all he found it! :)

fullsizerender-125.jpg
heirloom111ring.jpg

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
image_1589.jpg

Sliding in at the last minute! My special bling is my ering. 1.97 ct ruby in a setting that DF and I picked and modified together. The ring symbolizes passion protected by indestructible, unending love. I glow whenever I slide it on my finger.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for having such a generous Holiday Giveaway! :clap: I really enjoy learning from this amazing community! :appl:

I'm posting my new holiday bling which is special because they were a gift from my sweet husband. Hope everyone has a happy holiday! :wavey:
image_4129.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
My five stone band is a dream come true! It has two WF ACA diamonds, two JA true Hearts diamonds & one BGD Signature diamond.

The platinum uprong setting was made by BGD. It was a year plus project for me. I had it made for my 50th birthday.

five_stone_bgd_real_1st_2.jpg

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the WELCOMING introduction, Ella :angel:

We are thrilled to announce the winners of PriceScope's 2015 $5,000 Holiday Giveaway! As a thank you to our community and our Featured Sponsors, we are giving away FIVE - $1,000 gift certificates to be spent with any PriceScope Featured Sponsors.

Before we announce the winners, we would like to thank you all for sharing your heartfelt stories and for showing us your bling. And now, may I have the envelope please!

And the winners are . . .

• * Blingbunny10
    * Cloreene
    * Girlyglam
    * Tourmaline
    * Tyty333

PriceScope will contact you so keep an eye for your email.

Thank you again, everyone, for this wonderful gift of sharing! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
darlinh|1451098736|3966251 said:
And the winners are . . .

• * Blingbunny10
    * Cloreene
    * Girlyglam
    * Tourmaline
    * Tyty333

PriceScope will contact you so keep an eye for your email.

Thank you again, everyone, for this wonderful gift of sharing! Have a safe and happy holiday!

:clap: :clap: :dance: Congratulations!!!! :dance: :clap: :clap: I'm so happy for winners and I'm VERY excited to see what you get!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats ladies :appl: Can't wait to see your new pieces!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to winners! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see what you get.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats ladies!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Also looking forward to see what you all make or get!!! :sun:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to all the winners! Please come back and post what you ended up getting >:D :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to the winners!!!!! Yay!!!!! Looking forward to seeing what you get in some SMTB threads later! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you to PS & vendors for having such a wonderful Holiday giveaway! I have enjoyed reading all of the wonderful posts in this thread!

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations to winners :appl: :clap: Can't wait to see what you decide to get!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to all the winners!. :appl: :appl: I didn't win???... ;(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to all the winners! Looking forward to seeing what you get! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, lucky 5! yay Linh!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to all of the winners!!! :appl: Thank you all for sharing your stories and bling. This was a very awesome giveaway.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to the winners :appl: and we cannot wait to see what you get with the generous PS prize. Thank you again PS for such a lovely giveaway and happy holidays to all!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, everyone! Have fun spending your new bling fund! Do come back and share so we can all enjoy your projects with you!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been such a fun thread! Congratulations to all you lucky winners :appl: Like all the previous posters said, please show us what you do with your winnings! Happy blingy new year everyone :wavey:

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock
This was such a fantastic thread. Congrats to everyone who won!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results