shape
carat
color
clarity

Prices..should I buy I know or will price stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marv117

Rough_Rock
(typo on the subject...meant to say '..should I buy now...')

I'm new to diamonds and settings, and I guess jewelry in general. Does the price change a lot or does it stay the same? In a tight budget and every penny counts.

For those of you who's been in the business long, how often does the price fluctuate and are the current prices for diamonds and settings at a peek right now or at a low?

Please advice.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
What drives the price down or up is the way you will be able to
negotiate with your jeweller... Show him your knowledge but don't
be too aggressive... that's what will give you a good price.

Of course cost of diamonds is getting up if you compare it
to what it was 20 years ago... inflation as to do with it in part.

Trichrome.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
In summary, suck all the juices out of your jeweller!

11.gif

Trichrome.

marv117

Rough_Rock
thanks! will take advice in consideration
1.gif

...so I guess 6months to a year from now there shouldn't be a big price difference, right?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Marv!
wavey.gif

I know since I found Price Scope, there's been at least 2 mentions of price hikes this spring. One to do with the cost of rough (don't recall if that was type specific) going up. The other to do with the scarcity/lack of availablilty of 1.25 carat weight goods. I seem to remember another thread that told of pricing trends over the past few years.

You might try searching past threads for some info. The folks at Nice Ice have been kind enough to post most of this kind of information.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results