shape
carat
color
clarity

Price jump from H to G, all else equal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone tell me how much more I should expect to pay for a G rather than an H, without changing anything else? I''m considering an AGS0 or GIA Excellent princess cut, about .95 ct, SI1 (eye-clean). I thought that as long as an H faced up as white as a G, I could compromise to stay within budget. However, I find that I am becoming more sensitive to color. I haven''t gotten to compare in person yet, so I know I will have a better sense of color then, but I was wondering how much more I could expect to pay if I decde on the G.

Thanks!
1.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 9:15:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
click here:

https://www.pricescope.com/Reports.asp?shp=8&cut=2
That''s the round chart - the numbers on the princess charts for the various cut categories are all over the place whereas Rapaport from several months ago was 14% higher H to G. I think it''s probably a result of a limited amount of data.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for your replies. I had stumbled across those charts a time or two before, but I''m afraid to trust what they indicate the difference is between a G and an H because there are so many other factors that are affecting the price. I was just wondering if anyone knew an approximate range of the jump between the two - like a few hundred or more than 1,000? I guess I''ll just have to find two diamonds that meet all my other criteria and then decide. Thanks again!
1.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In a 90-point princess, SI1, all else equal, the jump from H to G is about 12%.

Live long,

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 8:06:41 PM
Author:summertime
Can anyone tell me how much more I should expect to pay for a G rather than an H, without changing anything else? I''m considering an AGS0 or GIA Excellent princess cut, about .95 ct, SI1 (eye-clean). I thought that as long as an H faced up as white as a G, I could compromise to stay within budget. However, I find that I am becoming more sensitive to color. I haven''t gotten to compare in person yet, so I know I will have a better sense of color then, but I was wondering how much more I could expect to pay if I decde on the G.

Thanks!
1.gif
I would go look at them in person; I can''t tell any difference from a G to an H. Keep us posted.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:48:57 AM
Author: Skippy123
I would go look at them in person; I can''t tell any difference from a G to an H. Keep us posted.
1.gif
Yes, look at them in person! I own diamonds ranging from D, E, F, & G and the I can tell the G is warmer, but the others all look the same to me. It''s all about perception. FWIW, I find diamonds in the G-H range to look most appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results