shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Difference - Why? (1ct G VS2/VS1)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is my understanding that the clarity grading is done in a static mode so reflecting crystals are not taken into account. It would be nice if they were @kenny as it would add to the transparency of buying. Fortunately, we have these great online vendors and their teams that will give you an accurate assessment of things like reflecting crystals. That’s another reason I would be gun shy about buying diamonds in any other way.

Dan__2

Rough_Rock
That's a beautiful GIA 3X diamond!

Likely that what you are seeing is the reflections.

Appreciate your opinion, again.

Is it unusual to get a black crystal on a VS1 though (looks like it is in the brilliance video)? A bit surprised personally.

Maybe why a stone certified in 2019 still floating around...?

Will explore this one further with WF. I do like it other than that.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Is it unusual to get a black crystal on a VS1 though (looks like it is in the brilliance video)? A bit surprised personally.

Not unusual at all. VS1 is agnostic to the type of inclusion, but defines the size of any inclusion(s).
It is likely perfectly eye-clean, but reach out to WF in order to confirm.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't consider it odd that this stone is around because WF sells more ACAs. This also could be a stone they have recently bought and was already graded by the cutter, too.

I have H color Whiteflash ACA studs and they look bright and white to me. Only someone who is really color sensitive would find H unacceptable. Those people are going to be happier with D-F, more than likely. I think G-H is a great color range for an engagement ring for most people, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results