shape
carat
color
clarity

Price Check - Platinum 1.10ctw Tanzanite

cieciora

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys and Girls,

In dyer need of help finding a close or educated guess at the value of this ring, its not for resale i just want to know that market / retail price of this ring if possible!

Thanks in advance

Ring Information

Platinum 1.10ctw Tanzanite Diamond Cocktail Ring
Material info: Solid Platinum
Total Gram Weight: 6.0 Grams

Center Gemstone Information: 1 Round Brilliant Cut Natural Violet Tanzanite
Colour: Violet
Cut: Round Brilliant
Clarity: Type I VS
Carat Weight: Approximately 1.00 Carat

Diamond Mounting Information: 2 Baguette Cut Natural Diamonds
Colour: G - H
Cut: Baguette
Clarity: SI1 - SI2
Carat Weight: Approximately 0.10 Carat

Total Carat Weight: Approximately 1.10ctw

s3q5p5.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A top of the range 1ct loose Tanzanite (and it's impossible to tell if this is top quality from the photo/information provided) is around $430-475. For a paler Tanzanite the price would be much less. The setting i.e. 6 grams of platinum and small accent diamonds you could probably buy for around $475-600 but depends on the vendor.

These are very much general figures and may vary from country to country and also where you buy from. For example, you could buy this for $5,000 if it had a designer name attached (i.e. Tiffany) or $1,000 from a TV shopping channel. To get an idea of current value, have a look at the TV jewellery shopping channels for similar rings and their selling price.

Bear in mind that buying jewellery is like buying a car. The minute you buy it, the resale value plummets (with only a few exceptions but Tanzanite isn't one of them).

Hope that helps.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$400 - $600 for a platinum mount?! I have been doing a lousy job of buying rings, as I believe I have been overpaying...sigh.

But that's what a PS education is all about, right?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1305062176|2917739 said:
$400 - $600 for a platinum mount?! I have been doing a lousy job of buying rings, as I believe I have been overpaying...sigh.

But that's what a PS education is all about, right?

Depends on the vendor! I bought an 8g platinum and y/gold mount set with diamonds for £550 - think that's about $800 so it is possible! The setting posted in a reasonably standard setting / design so probably could be bought off the shelf. I may have under-estimated for the setting but in terms of value it's probably not far off. I also had a platinum mount made (bespoke) with CADs for £650 ($800 ish) set with diamonds - so know it's possible!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and where would you source such mounts? The only catalogue I hear folks talk about is Stuller Are there others?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First was was a lucky buy - right place/right time.

Second one I had made for me.

I've never bought from a catalogue and being in the UK it's difficult to do so (with Stuller) I think. Local jewellers have catalogues but I have no idea if they have affiliated companies in the US. The best way to buy mounts (if you don't want LOGR/Lanbo etc) is to make friends with a jeweller!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
6 grams of platinum at todays price is roughly $350. You would be lucky to get that if you scrapped out the ring.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
For the UK, LD is pretty much on the money for both setting and stone. In 18k, that setting plus the diamonds comes in at around £350-£400 in that kind of weight, so you just need to adjust the cost of the metal. Just done a rough calculation and the 18k comes in at around £140, and the platinum runs around £175... so £550 isn't bad. That is using someone who doesn't have a massive shop with a gazillion staff and other overheads and who knows that you have an idea what you should be paying - go to a fancy jewellers and you can easily double and start doing custom and whoomf it starts to get pricey.

(LD, I think Euro Findings are the Stuller equivalent over here)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results