shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty Pictures for AGBF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
10665817_xl.jpg

tiffany bangles rose yellow white 18k.JPG

Mat, where are those rings from? Love the look of the gold one- in photo love gold but not for my coloration.
joni

yummy!! those are just delicious!

so lovely

movie zombie

Thanks for the pix, Mattie! I have had my eye on (but do not expect ever to buy) a lovely gold swirl bracelet from Tiffany''s. The reason I expect never to buy it is: it is very expensive and if I had the extra cash to spare for it, I would use it on "real gold" (high karat gold) or on a diamond tennis bracelet! I have posted the photo elsewhere, but may post it in this thread, too!

34.gif

This is the Tiffany bracelet I have been looking at for years!

TiffanyCrazyTwistBraceletAgain.jpg

O my AGBF! That''s one pretty bracelet, but my twisted imagination brought up Kramer''s creation and all the consequences.

The bracelet from Tiffany is HUGE! ... at least on me.

There isn't much along those lines anywhere, but for a very intriguing (IMO) sort of metal work - jewelry made by anticlastic raising. You get all sorts of shapes reminding of the output of a pen sharpener on such pieces. I am not sure if high carat gold is used, but bi-metal (silver and 22kt gold sheets fused) brings up the twists and turns of these shapes beautifully. Problem... how many actually make such jewelry? It took a little bit of research
38.gif

The bracelet from Tiffany picture makes me think of an Irish pattern - with Schlumberger's magic very obviously added in ... Here's the rough base, out of a jewelry workshop.

Helix torus in unfinished form, below
5.gif

img0.gif

The original page shows how the stuff is made.

Found this looking for references about who-where and how makes anticlastic raising happen. Michael Good is the name you may hear often about it. And it seems quite clear why
10.gif

Wow Deb, that swirly Tiff''s bracelet is STUNNING.

I love that Tiffany''s bangle bracelet (the $975 one) and have already planned it as my next purchase. I love it''s simplicity and elegance. I''m getting the 18k yellow gold one. Oh, hey, it''s my birthday in a few days! I have an excuse!

Date: 4/21/2006 11:56:08 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Wow Deb, that swirly Tiff''s bracelet is STUNNING.

Gee...I have posted this photo before and no one commented on it at all. I could have bought this instead of the 13.5mm Gurhan bangle in 24K! I got a price quote from Grunberger Jewelers for custom making five bracelets in hammeed 24K gold (two 3mm; two 4mm; and one 7mm). I found the price staggering. Now I am waiting for Bill Pearlman to give me a quote on the same bracelets made by Gurhan. I suspect that since the Gurhan ones do not need to be custom made, that they will be less than what Grunberger''s wanted. I also know the retail price of a 7.5mm Gurhan bangle is $2600, so a 7 mm bracelet would be less or I could get a 7.5 mm bracelet for $2600 retail. I am awaiting prices from Bill :-).

34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP