shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Presenting my new ERD Chunky Cushion Engagement Ring!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, Lovelies...Its true...I have been holding out on all of you... I feel just terrible about it. I got engaged back in October, and have been "meaning" to come back on here and present you with my beautiful Engagement Ring! I literally have been in a trance, and now that I am no longer referring to my ring as "My Precious" :Up_to_something: I thought I would come back and join all of you! Alright, lets get down to the important stuff:

It is an ERD cushion, and design...I led my Fiance to Mark Turnowski, and then was completely cut out of the project, but I knew he was in good hands, and Mark understood what I was looking for:

Cut: Old Mine Brilliant
Measurements: 8.67x7.53x5.16mm
Carat Weight: 2.50
Total Weight: 3.20
Color: J
Grade: VS1
Table: 52%
Crown Angles are greater than 40 degrees
Culet: Slightly Large

The pictures really pick up the warmth of the stone, but its much brighter white in person, and cooler than a typical "J"...I absolutely love it, but I will be honest, I am suffering from DSS. Not to sound ungrateful, as I know my Fiance spent a TON of time and a lot of money, but now I wonder if I should have gotten a Halo. I do love the classic style of a 3 stone though, and love the bullets. THe crown height is beautiful...a true Chunky Cushion! Anyway, I will post more pictures if you like, let me know what you think. I am not the best photographer, and it doesn't help these were taken with an IPhone...Enjoy, and Thank you all for the support!

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg

Ring3.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how to make these pictures larger so you can see the detail! Bummer! BTW- I forgot to mention that my ring size is a 4.25, although it is a tad bit loose, so I may get my wedding band smaller, perhaps a size 4.

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
This looks incredible!! We NEED bigger pics!!!!!!

Congratulations!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more pictures, hopefully you will be able to see these a bit better, as I think that they show off the detail a bit more...

Ring4.jpg

Ring5.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't see how you can have DSS...it is huge!!! do you have any larger pics?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord that is seriously MASSIVE on your hand!!! It really is... :naughty: :sun:

It looks fabulous! Would love bigger pics!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Those tiny pics are killing me. I bet it's gorgeous!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Ok, guys...let me fiddle with it, I don't understand why it keeps showing these tiny pics!! Thank you for the compliments!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Lets see how these turn out...

photo[2].jpg

photo[3].jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a stunning ring!!!!

How could you have DSS - that rock is HUGE!!! :love:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
More! More! More!

photo[4].jpg

photo5.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! The tiny pics are killing me too. It looks mah-hoosive from your pics though. hahaha.

Eta - ah, I see the larger pics now. Just Gorgeous!!!

By the way, by my calculations, your beauty pretty much has the face-up surface area of a 3 carat round brilliant.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning! Love the stone and love the setting! It looks great on you. I think a halo might be too much..

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
GOR-GEOUS RING!!!! It is perfect the way it is. If I were you I would not EVER touch or change that ring. It is amazing as it. Classic and timeless. Huge but still tasteful and not overdone. I think a halo would be too much.

More pics!!!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks ROCK-A-LICIOUS!!!!! Nope, don't need a halo.

CONGRATS :bigsmile:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so very much! Yes, I love it...I just needed a little reassurance, I don't think that my Fiance would want me to change it, he put so much work into finding just the right stone, he would be so hurt if I ever asked him to change anything. Its amazing how quickly our eyes can get used to jewelry. I think that the pictures make my stone look much large than real life, either way, I love it, and will cherish it for many years to come. I couldn't have found my dream ring without this community, so thanks again!! I will try to post pics with different lighting too.

I am a little sad that my journey has ended...I will have to live vicariously through all of you!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's one gorgeous stone and setting. Mark was spot on, he's a great guy.
Precious indeed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is just gorgeous!! And a marvelous size IMO! Wear in good health and happiness!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it's Gaw-geous!! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a beauty! I don't think you need a halo, but it could be lovely. Maybe some years down the road. The great thing
about your setting is you could probably salvage it and change it back if you wanted to.

It is gorgeous in total, but your stone looks divine!

E B

Ideal_Rock
:love: It's AMAZING, and definitely doesn't need a halo. DSS? Girl, you have no finger space LEFT as is! :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring and I would not even consider a halo for it - it's perfect just as it is!! You've got outstanding finger coverage there - any more and it would just take away from the beauty of the stone IMO!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Seriously ... DSS ... that rock and side stones is MASSIVE! Your finger looks like it is going to fall off from the weight!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This stone is massive especially with the side stones. Your finger looks tired from holding up the weight!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!! Please dont halo it- its really GORGEOUS as is!!! ENJOY this very special time, and your beautiful ring!!! :love: :love:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! Don't worry, I will not be touching my ring...it will remain "as is" for a VERY long time. I just got it in October, and still love it...I was just "toying" with the idea. Now, I will move on to my next project! The wedding band! Thank you again for all of the compliments, very like a very lucky lady! I want to take more pictures in the daylight, as the chunky facets and small table on the OMB are amazing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Lucky lucky gal: beautiful hands and a gorgeous e-ring!!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results