shape
carat
color
clarity

Presentations for this week

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
First entry from Paul Slegers:

If all goes well, I would schedule a presentation on Monday the 29th, 3 PM EST

Topic: "What is the talk of the town in the diamond business? Trends and gossips."

With such a topic, I can go live relatively unprepared, without having to work for hours on pics, charts, and so on. Plenty of room for Q&A too.

Looking forward to trying this out again,
Paul Slegers
Infinity Diamonds
www.CraftedByInfinity.com

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am moving my normal 4 PM talk to 6 PM so that Jim Caudill of the American Gem Society can have some time to get a camera and join me as a presenter this afternoon.

I will also have my normally scheduled "chats" at 6PM on Tues, Wed and Thursday. I think I will make no "chat" on Fridays the rule rather than the exception, as I like to finish up and go home early on Fridays when ever possible.

Today''s topic will be "four Fold Symmetry", we will be discussing the use of the ASET to determine the quality of the cutting in fancy shaped stones.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink,
Is that 6pm your time 8est for todays?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will always try to give times in EST to avoid confusion. I should have checked my schedule befoe making changes however, I have a 6PM appointment that I can not cancel. I will either change back to 4 or 5pm EST depending on Jim Caudil''s schedual.

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I might have a slight delay in going live. About 15 to max 30 minutes. My apologies.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jim is currently installing his camera. We will plan on a 5PM EST presentation.

Wink

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 4:20:11 PM
Author: He Scores

I was really enjoying listening to Paul, but then I lost his feed.

Bill

Same here.

I thought Paul''s topic was a perfect fit for Garry''s presentation last week on the Diamond Pipeline.

Was thoroughly enjoying hearing what Paul had to say and lost the feed.

Sure hope Paul gets the kinks worked out of his connection!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 4:24:31 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland
Date: 1/29/2007 4:20:11 PM

Author: He Scores

I was really enjoying listening to Paul, but then I lost his feed.

Bill

Same here.

I thought Paul''s topic was a perfect fit for Garry''s presentation last week on the Diamond Pipeline.

Was thoroughly enjoying hearing what Paul had to say and lost the feed.

Sure hope Paul gets the kinks worked out of his connection!

I guess he''s shy...
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i too was enjoying pauls presentation. i panicked for a moment there, i thought it was my computer!
i hope paul comes back soon
2.gif

it was nice to see stephan show up as well
35.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry about suddenly disappearing.

I must have been talking about Alrosa for about 15 minutes, before I realised that I had lost my Internet-connection.

One of the next days, they are going to work on my cable-modem, probably replace it with a new one, and then, I can work as usual again. Do remember that I am doing these presentations from home, because of the time-difference with the U.S.

Anyway, I hope to redo this topic during the week-end, or next week. Will keep you informed.

Live long,

He Scores

Shiny_Rock
Paul...you were doing an excellent job. If I would know how to post a pic here, I''d put one up of watching you while I work.

Sort of like whistling while I work but different.

Bill

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think you were talking to yourself for too long paul
2.gif
, i heard quite a bit about alrosa. although it did cut out right when you were about to talk about the potential benefit of the debeers announcement to severe the ties with them.

i''ll be looking forward to hearing more at a later time!

until then....

cheers!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 4:40:01 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

Anyway, I hope to redo this topic during the week-end, or next week. Will keep you informed.

Live long,
Good to hear, as I had to leave and missed it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waiting for a client, just a quick note. Today at 6pm EST we will look at a 3ct Old Euro, a 1.27ct Infinity, and a 1.11ct EightStar and discuss the various looks of the three stones. It will probably not be more than 20 - thirty minutes. See you in an hour

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
This PS tool gets better and better.

Presenters and clients in 121 sessions are now able to save the whiteboard to their desktop (saving takes a moment so don’t worry if you see “wait/clock” cursor for a few seconds). See the new option below.
emthup.gif

I nominate Leonid for president (and will relocate to that country if he wins).

SavePicturefor121.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Wednesday session: 9PM EST

Back by popular demand, the Quick Quiz. Keep score at home. The points don't matter, we're just having fun.
The subject will be cut and cut grading so bring your leveridge gauge and get your ASET ready to go.

Also; good info ahead on yesterday’s ‘hot’ topic. I’ll have a few graphics that should be of interest.Hope to see you there.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Today''s "Fireside Chat" will continue the topic started yesterday, but with a twist. Rather than look at the best cuts on the planet, we will look at some "also rans" and come to the realization that some of them are quite beautiful, although some of them really should be recut.

We are quite spoiled on the net, we tend to focus only on the best, and anything less is somehow unworthy. This can actually be detrimental to many of our clients, as the stones that are nice, but not phenominal, can represent tremendous values. Heavy discounts because of cutting can lower the price by 30% or more and still be quite attractive.

While the imaging that I can offer on my camera is far from perfect, it does offer a fairly good look at the good, the bad and the ugly, so I will bring to the show tonight some of the good and one ugly. I will also bring some Infinity cut I''s and another AGS 0 cut grade to show you that even in the I1 catagory there can be beauty.

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all who attended last night. I hope you enjoy the casual quiz - and I appreciate Rockdoc joining to give his views on the practical side of mechanical assessment.

JulieN: Answer to the question from last week:X-Factor’s range for corners (after a small survey) is appx 15-20%.Brian would like to do a larger survey, but that may take time so I wanted to give you this.

As for the small table discussion last night:Here is the smallest table configuration which could qualify for AGS0 in the current cutting guidelines for 6mm rounds:47/33.4/41.The guidelines predict that a 41 PA will work with a CA range of 33.4-34.2, but the depth goes over 62.9 as the CA increases unless you couple it with culet > sm or a girdle too thin to make 0 for proportions. FWIW it's going to be pretty hard for everything to work out 'just so' to target this config with a piece of rough and get 0...but it's predicted to be possible.

BTW, 6mm is the only range with 47% predicted to earn 0. With <> AGDs it's 48%+.

47T6mm.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wink: Will you be on tonight (thursday) at 6pm EST? What will you be talking about??

widget

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/1/2007 2:13:24 PM
Author: widget
Wink: Will you be on tonight (thursday) at 6pm EST? What will you be talking about??

widget
I believe so. I have NO idea yet.

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to log in for my 9PM session but there appears to be a technical problem. I'll keep trying for a few.

EDIT: I called 1-800-FIX-IT-LEONID and he's working to get us up and running.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For our Monday presentation I am going to delve more deeply into the custom design process.

I will, with the client''s permission show the type of a request that is extremely detailed and talk about why doing it the way she did will make it possible to get exactly what she wants, regardless of whether or not my designer accepts the job. While I think she probably will, I NEVER speak for the designer, that is their job! However, the detailed instructions and desires expressed by this client will make doing the job a near certainty of getting what she wants rather than the "Wow, I hope it is what I want" that is so often the sickish feeling until the jewelry is done.

Wink

4PM EST Expected length of 35 - 45 minutes. Actual results may vary. No guarantee of satisfaction is implied or made. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

I have no idea what that all means, but I hear it on the radio all the time...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. I will have my normally scheduled "fireside chats" on Tuesday and Thursday, but there will be not one on Wednesday. Resa and I will be going to see blue man group and pretending that John Quixote is one of the drummers.

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My internet-connection should be fixed, and I can redo the presentation that got interrupted last Monday.

Timing: Sunday-morning breakfast show, at 11 AM EST.

Also, I might be able to do a warm-up-presentation for Wink on Monday, around 3 PM EST. Still have to think about a subject. Suggestions are welcome. Afterwards, you can immediately tune into Wink-TV.

Live long,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 3:45:19 AM
My internet-connection should be fixed, and I can redo the presentation that got interrupted last Monday.

Also, I might be able to do a warm-up-presentation for Wink on Monday, around 3 PM EST. Still have to think about a subject. Suggestions are welcome. Afterwards, you can immediately tune into Wink-TV.

Live long,
Tell us about the infinity brand, cutting standards and stuff.
Wink has discussed it some but would be kewl for you to discuss it.
Id like to hear a little about what its like be you, your job and business, typical day and stuff like that.
Funny stories about the diamond trade? :}
things like that.....

drop a few hints about the SE cuts hehehehehe
Had to ask :}

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2007 3:56:00 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 2/3/2007 3:45:19 AM

Live long,
Tell us about the infinity brand, cutting standards and stuff.
Wink has discussed it some but would be kewl for you to discuss it.
Id like to hear a little about what its like be you, your job and business, typical day and stuff like that.
Funny stories about the diamond trade? :}
things like that.....

drop a few hints about the SE cuts hehehehehe
Had to ask :}
This is what Paul does:

I wake up, get out of bed,
have a shower and run a comb across my head.
I run downstairs and feed the cat,
then looking up, I notice that I''m REALLY late

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I think those words were written by another Paul.And sung by John.

I don’t know how Pepper fits in, but this Paul’s hearts aren’t lonely (they have arrows keeping them company).

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink in Casual mode. 3PM EST SAT Feb 3

Wink is working on this Saturday and leaving in a few minutes for lunch.

When he gets back, he will work for awhile then feel the need for a WinkTV fix as he is a shameless ham, who always dreamed of being an actor or a singer. (Those of you who have heard him sing know that singing of any kind was never an option for our WinkTV hero.)

After working for an hour or so to earn the priveledge he will turn on his WinkTV and if anyone shows up he will entertain questions as there is no formal program worked up.

I warn you, he is not dressed in his normal trademark turtleneck with suit and pendant, but rather resplendant in a scrumptious silk shirt replete with many extraordinary colors of the gemstones that he loves. This beautiful shirt was purchased by his lovely wife while on an excursion to the deepest darkest parts of Australia, where she spent the majority of her time just hanging on and trying not to fall off the bottom of the earth. In it you shall observe the vivid greens of the finest tsavorite, bright and vibrant reds to make most rubies jealous, rich royal blues to make a sapphire leap for joy and of course the ROYAL PURPLE of that most magnificent stone amethyst, so favored by Bacchus that he gave it the power to cure hangovers.

Throw in wonderful yellows and oranges to make sapphires, garnets and citrines that most usually are seen only in dreams and wonderful indicolite colored blues and deep magenta spinel colors along with elements of aboriginal design and voila!, You have a shirt that in itself is worthy of watching Wink TV to see.

Come loaded with questions as if you do not ask he will not tell. He will understand if you only come to see THE SHIRT and respect your silence while he works.

For those of you who can not be there, well it is a sorry thing. What can one say, but wow, you have missed seeing one of the great shirts of all time, brought to you via the land of down under where Garry Holloway literally hangs out. Perhaps he can model something equally as stunning with a little more notice, but probably not. Sad too, as this might be a once in a lifetime event.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results