shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to check them out this weekend. I need an inexpensive one for MILs house. Do you know if they''re sturdy? I would imagine they''d have to be safe.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 9:27:26 AM
Author: fiery
I''m going to check them out this weekend. I need an inexpensive one for MILs house. Do you know if they''re sturdy? I would imagine they''d have to be safe.

We have one from Ikea and it''s great!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 9:59:03 AM
Author: Mrs

Thanks!

How is beautiful Sage?!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I checked them out and was really impressed!.

My boys cribs are from Walmart and I LOVE them. They were pretty inexpensive too!. Olivia Crib

They came slightly damaged (like TINY little bumps) and the customer support was GREAT. One was replaced (super easy to return) and we got them both discounted. I was so impressed by their customer service!....from Walmart of ALL places!

Now...everything I have from Ikea I love.

This one is only $99 Ikea crib

It looks great!!! Some reviews:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a4722525/ikea_gulliver_crib_anyone?
http://www.consumersearch.com/baby-cribs/ikea-gulliver
http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/good-questions/good-questions-feedback-and-revews-of-ikea-cribs-087408

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for searching Mandy! I really like your crib! The IKEA one looks like a good affordable option for their house.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 10:01:31 AM
Date: 4/28/2010 9:59:03 AM

Author: Mrs

How is beautiful Sage?!

Thanks Fiery!

You''re so sweet to ask! She''s great! I hope you and Sophia are well! congrats on the crawling!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
We have the Gulliver crib. For the most part, I really like it. It''s inexpensive, but is very sturdy and I don''t think that the Ikea cribs have ever had a recall. Plus, it seems a bit smaller than a lot of other cribs - I know that they all accomodate the same sized mattress, but sometimes the detailing and curved rails etc add a few inches - which is great when you''re dealing with a small area like we are. I also like that it converts to a toddler bed.

A couple of negatives-

1. It''s low to the ground and has fixed sides. As a result, you really have to bend to change sheets/put baby down when the mattress is on the lowest setting.
2. I think (someone can correct me if I''m wrong) that you have to take it completely apart to change the mattress height. We got ours when G was about 8 months old, so we''ve always had it on the lowest setting and so it hasn''t been a big deal for us.

I would definitely get it again though. Since this is a second crib at Grandma''s house type deal for you, I think that Ikea has another design that''s even cheaper (but looks cheaper IMHO) if that''s something that you''d be interested in.

I think the folks from younghouselove.com may have the same crib that Mandy does. They look great as well.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
bumping up for Laila, and I have a question:

I was gifted a wipe warmer at my shower (didn't register for it). I'm somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to stuff, but I'm pretty intrigued by it! My friend who gave it to me SWEARS by it (but she's into "bells and whistles")

Mamas, should I keep or return it? I do have the BRU gift receipt, so shouldn't be a problem to get a credit.

Just looking for your thoughts/opinions on wipe warmers (without having to go back and read the whole thread!!) THANKS

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Charger...I would return it because what happens when you''re out and about?...personally, my boys LOVE the cold wipes. I know, they are kinda weird..but they are all giggles when it''s time to wipe their butts! haha.

Some product raves from me:

Sippy cups for babies I bought the Tommee Tippees and my boys did just not get it. Then someone told me about the Nubys and OMG, within seconds they were drinking from those!.

Oatmeal for babies My guys are LOVING the Happy bellies oatmeal! They L-O-V-E it!

Teethers From the makers of Sophie! My guys love Gnon and Chan

They never took pacis but they love these things! (more than they love Sophie)

Fresh food feeder I tried these this weekend with some babanas and they went nuts! Fresh food feeder

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:03:39 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
bumping up for Laila, and I have a question:

I was gifted a wipe warmer at my shower (didn''t register for it). I''m somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to stuff, but I''m pretty intrigued by it! My friend who gave it to me SWEARS by it (but she''s into ''bells and whistles'')

Mamas, should I keep or return it? I do have the BRU gift receipt, so shouldn''t be a problem to get a credit.

Just looking for your thoughts/opinions on wipe warmers (without having to go back and read the whole thread!!) THANKS
Charger, my BFF, whose opinion I generally trust, swore by them too. She said, if given a choice, WHY would you want to subject your child to a cold wipe in the middle of the night?

However, this was the one instance where I didn''t take her advice.

She had a baby who HATED diaper changes from day one. I swear, I thought all babies cried bloody murder when they got the diapers changed, but that''s not true. So her baby needed all the help she could get, including a nice warm wipe.

Figuring that I would be changing my baby in places OTHER than my house, I didn''t want my baby to get used to warm wipes. And if I REALLY felt bad about using cold wipes, I just held the wipe both hands (prayer style) and that would take the chill out in a few seconds.

Wipe warmers top a lot of moms list for waste of money. I''ve also heard some of the turn the wipes "gummy." Personally, I think it''s waste too.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
charger, i used the wipewarmer all winter when my little one was born (he was a january baby) . couldn''t live without it - i tried doing tgal''s method of warming the wipes in my hand at first, but when blowouts happen and you need 4-5 wipes in quick succession that was not going to work.

i actually used the wipe warmer during my baby''s 2nd winter too (he''s 16 mos now) and really don''t think of it as a luxury at all, more of a necessity! i had no problems with wipes turning gummy or anything, just nice and toasty for my LO''s bottom. the vast majority of his diapers were changed at home anyways, so the odd time it was changed outdoors was more of an exception than the rule.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:35:09 PM
Author: sbde
charger, i used the wipewarmer all winter when my little one was born (he was a january baby) . couldn''t live without it - i tried doing tgal''s method of warming the wipes in my hand at first, but when blowouts happen and you need 4-5 wipes in quick succession that was not going to work.

i actually used the wipe warmer during my baby''s 2nd winter too (he''s 16 mos now) and really don''t think of it as a luxury at all, more of a necessity! i had no problems with wipes turning gummy or anything, just nice and toasty for my LO''s bottom. the vast majority of his diapers were changed at home anyways, so the odd time it was changed outdoors was more of an exception than the rule.
Amelia was a spring baby and I''m in LA, so not much of an issue. Charger lives in LA too.

Good point about the wipes and blow outs though.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:45:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 5/3/2010 1:35:09 PM
Author: sbde

Amelia was a spring baby and I''m in LA, so not much of an issue. Charger lives in LA too.

Good point about the wipes and blow outs though.
aah, there''s the difference. i''m up in the freezing northeast!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Charger
I would return the wipe warmer. I don''t think we need it in LA.

The talk on crib is so timely for us. We need to get a new crib for Jaron because Meena''s crib was on last Friday recall. I am thinking about the no frills Ikea crib since I don''t think convertible cribs are as great an option for us as I thought.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TG, QT, Mandy & sbde- THANKS for chiming in on the wipe warmer. Yeah, all signs point to returning it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto not needing the warmer. i had countless moms tell me the same thing, you don''t want your kid to get used to warm wipes at home because then it makes outside changings more difficult. my kid does not love a cold wipe but at least it''s consistent. and he cried all the time when we changed him til week 7 or so, now he loves his changing table and getting a new diaper, cold wipes or not.

i also have to mention something i am about to buy... i read about it, the razberry teething pacifier. J is all into chewing on his hands and towels--whatever he can get his hands on. this is a textured teething pacifier that looks like it would be great. i will report back.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also heard that the wipe warmers are fire hazards... It just wasn''t worth it to me.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, we had one of those razberry teething things. It took a little while for her to realize it wasn''t a pacifier but once she got the hang of it, she liked it. It drove me a little crazy--the sound of the gnawing on that piece of rubber was really annoying to me! I liked that she was able to use it to help when the molars came in.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh glad to hear you liked it CG...i just ordered two from amazon. they''ll be here wed! since he has been biting like crazy on his hand i will be glad to see if these work.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me. I remember seeing a post on this thread about a small diaper bag that you could just throw into your own purse, it was almost wristlet like? I can''t remember, and there was a link to the website. Does anyone remember this? If so, can you please point me in the right direction?? Thanks so much!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 7:51:33 PM
Author: diamondgirl5k
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me. I remember seeing a post on this thread about a small diaper bag that you could just throw into your own purse, it was almost wristlet like? I can't remember, and there was a link to the website. Does anyone remember this? If so, can you please point me in the right direction?? Thanks so much!

there is this one. and this one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 7:51:33 PM
Author: diamondgirl5k
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me. I remember seeing a post on this thread about a small diaper bag that you could just throw into your own purse, it was almost wristlet like? I can''t remember, and there was a link to the website. Does anyone remember this? If so, can you please point me in the right direction?? Thanks so much!

i got one at BRU--it''s a common brand that i can''t remember right now, but there are a bunch of them there. i got one that is brown with white circles on it and it snaps onto the stroller handle or you can toss it into a bigger bag. it was $10. they had others that were like $15-30 but this was basic and the right size. i think it''s called a diaper clutch.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so did I really just read this entire thread?!?! Wow! But, thanks everyone for all the great info! I''ve been compiling my registry with all your suggestions, now time to go back and edit!!

Mara - BTW thought I would mention since I read your stroller discussion...I just got the Bumbleride Indie in Spice! It is my first "big" purchase for the baby and I''m really excited. I went to USA baby and they had a ton of strollers...all the brand names...and I really really liked the Bumbleride! I wasn''t planning on purchasing it quite yet, but there was one listed on craigslist for $275 and I couldn''t pass it up! It looks brand new...even the plastic is still on the handle! Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement...hee hee!!!
9.gif

Now off to research/debate car seats...
6.gif
...trying to figure out if I need an additional infant one, or can I just get one that will work for infant to toddler??? Advice?? It seems it would be ince to have the infant one to carry or lock in to the stroller if the baby is sleeping, but that seems to be the only reason. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 3:50:11 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Now off to research/debate car seats...
6.gif
...trying to figure out if I need an additional infant one, or can I just get one that will work for infant to toddler??? Advice?? It seems it would be ince to have the infant one to carry or lock in to the stroller if the baby is sleeping, but that seems to be the only reason. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!!!
Infant carseat all the way. Yes, one of the main reasons why an infant seat is so handy is due to when the baby is sleeping. But it is also the BIGGEST reasons. Newborns are not wired like regular humans lol. Their sleep is all over the place. If your baby finally takes a little nap while in the car, the last thing you want to do is take that infant out of the car seat and into a stroller.

Secondly, if you do get a convertible and not an infant seat, you will need a stroller that lays completely flat.

Also, there are only a handful of convertible car seats that have the newborn inserts.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Rock of Love -- we also got the Bumbleride Indie and LOVE it! It pushes so smoothly. We have been using it since the baby was one week old, in combo with our infant seat, which just sits in it. We have the 2010 version, which I believe comes with the infant seat bar included -- I *think* for earlier versions you might have to buy that separately. Also, make sure the version you have is compatible with whatever infant seat you select. Our Bumbleride reclines completely so I *think* that means you could use it without a carseat even for a newborn, but we haven''t used it like that. And it''s so nice to be able to lift the carseat out and just plop it in place without waking her. Not sure about convertibles though...we will cross that bridge later!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rock..i still lurve my bumble!! if you have a 2009 and you want the bigger sunshade (the only thing i could see being a PITA) you can just pay $35 to get one from bumbleride.

re: car seats with it, the main ones work with the bumble but once you put the infant seat bar in (it comes with the 2009 too) you can prety much just put ANY car seat into the seat and it sits there. i don''t even hook it into the bar (and it just hooks over, doesn''t even really stay that way). so i think you could use a lot more car seats than it says its compatible with.

re: infant car seats, YES get one. i wasn''t sure about it either because i just hate using something for a little while then having it be ''done'' but they are so small in the beginning, they swim in the infant seat. and it is priceless to be able to just pick it up and carry it around... i wasn''t sure i wanted to do that either but now i am dreading moving him to the convertible!

oh and the bumble reclines all the way down so i put J in it for walks when we got it. oh and one more thing--if you guys get a flat, take it to a bike shop and have them replace the tube and ask for a heavy duty one, they have thorn resistant tubes...those are the replacement ones i got.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Okay, I''m convinced!!! You guys are right...the sleeping part is reason ENOUGH! I hear ya!!
2.gif

I guess that means I can always put the car seat off to a later date and stay alert for sales.

On the 2009 Indie, I was noticing the bigger sunshade seemed to be the only thing I may be needing from the 2010, but I''ll wait and see if I actually need it. That is good to know I can order it. Did you get the snack pack? I''m thinking of ordering that...as well as the BOB console, which seems like a cupholder/console I would like better.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the 2009 sunshade coverage is def not the greatest. the 2010 added 9 inches. i will prob buy the 2010 at some point but just havent gotten around to it. if i walk him and the sun is low i just cover the top with a thin blanket so he doesn''t get sun on his face.

i didnt get the snack pack or a console or anything...i really don''t need a console, he doesnt eat snacks yet, and i rarely have a drink in the cupholder anyway, but it works ok. i did get one of those diaper clutch things from BRU for $10 and i put a diaper, wipes, my wallet, cell phone and a pacifier in there and so far it''s been all i need for walks if i don''t have my diaper bag, i just strap it over the handle.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
moms, diapers.com is having their semi-annual sale
http://www.diapers.com/SemiAnnualSale.aspx

there are a lot of great deals, including buy one get one 50% off on halo items, diaper, formula and food deals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results