shape
carat
color
clarity

Preference side stone size for 3 stone ring?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a 1 carat, I color and s1 clarity and need to get it reset. I fell in love w SK's halo but with doing so, I realized I'm not loving my center stone. I still want to use it in a ring and wondering if I should create a 3 stone ring with it? If so, what is the average size for the side stones they will look good with my 1 carat? I was thinking .5 on each side and gojng w the traditional 3 stone setting from BGD. I do love the halo but thinking that I should save and have it be my next project and get a 2 carat stone especially in 1.5 years we will be married 20 years.

Any advice for this 3 stone project is appreciated! Or, should I consider a different setting. I want the 1 carat to look as big as possible and should add that it is not perfectly symmetrical.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a three stone is a good way to reset a round brilliant for a right hand ring or just to make more impact for an engagement ring. I am considering making a three stone ring with a diamond I have, as well. I'll see if I can find you a picture with a 1 ct center.

Here's a thread with 3 stone rings!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-ring-girls-are-you-out-there.75486/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-ring-girls-are-you-out-there.75486/[/URL]

I'll tell you my preference after looking through this thread!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I,ove threestone a. If you aren't thrilled with your current diamknd, I'd consider setting it with sapphires. They are way less expensive than diamonds. You could get more coverage with less money. Also, the blue sapphires create an illusion...they will make the diamknd look better!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphires are a great idea, especially if you are going to eventually use this as a RHR.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is my assumption based upon reviewing the link w 3 stone rings: if the center stone is under 1 carat, go w the sides that are half the size. If the center is a carat or bigger the sides can be less than half the center size. Am I on target?

If I am correct, then my sides could be a three or four pointers. What that look the best? I have a .35 pendant and tries to put it next to the center...thinking it is a huge difference and not sure if there would be enough to finger coverage. I am a size 7.5.

Is trellis or the traditional setting better?

Thank you for the suggestion to use sapphires but for this one, I would like diamonds.

Going to look at .4s...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan|1459130117|4011909 said:
If I am correct, then my sides could be a three or four pointers. What that look the best? I have a .35 pendant and tries to put it next to the center...thinking it is a huge difference and not sure if there would be enough to finger coverage. I am a size 7.5.

Is trellis or the traditional setting better?

Going to look at .4s...

Your sides would be thirty or forty pointers not 3 or 4 pointers. I like the trellis setting but go with what you like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results