shape
carat
color
clarity

precision set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know anything about the company precision set that makes rings? Are the melee diamonds they use in their band high quality with regard to cut?

thanks for everyone''s help lately...

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TL1,

I''ve looked at several Precision Set rings this week and the only information I got on the melee was that they are G-H VS stones. They looked sparkly, but I''ll admit that I wasn''t as impressed by one of the rings I was specifically considering (before seeing in person) as I was hoping to be...
7.gif
Disappointing because it was an excellent price.

That probably doesn''t help you at all ~ maybe someone else has some specific experience w/ Precision Set melee.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Hi teebee - thanks for the info. what specifically didn''t you like about the setting if you don''t mind me asking?

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering the non-eternity version of this setting and it was priced at $1335 at a local B&M... What I''m actually looking for is something similar to Mara''s engagement ring, which I''ve been admiring for months. I''ve contacted Whiteflash and they will be giving me a quote next week. But in the meantime, there were a couple of settings that I thought might work as well and I wanted to see them in person, one of them being this Precision Set.

But it just didn''t "speak" to me. I know that''s pretty vague and ambiguous, right???
20.gif
The best I can descibe was that it just seemed more dull or lifeless than I expected ~ and that is in jewelry store lighting!! Maybe it just needed to be cleaned or something??? But, from the pictures I''d seen on their website and brochure, it looks exactly like what I''ve been looking for but in person it just didn''t do it for me. I will qualify all of this by saying that I only tried 2 Precision Set rings on ~ there were quite a few others in the case that looked beautiful, just not my style ~ but I got distracted quickly by another, much more expensive
23.gif
setting and didn''t pay much more attention to the Precision Set... I would definitely suggest seeing them in person if you can ~ it may have been just this particular style that I wasn''t crazy about ~ or it may just be me?

There was one other thing that I didn''t really care for on their e-rings, which is just a matter of personal preference, and a feature of all their e-rings which allows the w-ring to sit flush w/out the center diamond sitting really high on the ring ~ not sure how to describe: but the part of the melee that rises up above the ring shank as it gets closer to the center stone ~ I don''t know why, but that bugged me & I was surprised that it did ~ didn''t bug me in any of the photos I''d seen but it bugged me in person. I don''t have any explanation as to why.

Anyhow, that is probably WAY more info than you wanted!! I hope some of it was coherent & made sense...
37.gif

Precision Set.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results