shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Gem Members Only?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 1:12:43 PM
Author: beach
Nice new Tsavorite Garnet on his site
9.gif

I knoooooooow. I must be lucky, since my log-in works. Wonder why yours does not, Chrono. A nice tsav will (probably) be my next purchase, but I don''t think I am mentally ready yet
26.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna see that lovely green tsavorite.
14.gif

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I would too! It just keeps timing out for me, though! Strange.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I can''t even pull up his website - I''ve tried Windows, Firefox, and our Mac, and nothing works.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to know I''m not the only one. It won''t work for me either. Thought it was my computer...

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
seems my server is down. maybe all the passwords have crashed the server.

I have not done anything the past few days but operate as a web support center.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 11:00:36 PM
Author: PrecisionGem

Oh Gene, sorry this has been such a headache for you. I say, if you''re really hating it and would rather be cutting, ditch the membership page. I think a bunch of us would give up our memberships for that.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 7:22:36 AM
Author: cellentani

Oh Gene, sorry this has been such a headache for you. I say, if you''re really hating it and would rather be cutting, ditch the membership page. I think a bunch of us would give up our memberships for that.

I really agree with Cellentani, managing a web site can eat up days and weeks of time, and if you enjoy cutting gems more than mastering your page, I think we can all live with it
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 7:22:36 AM
Author: cellentani

I agree- sounds like more of a headache than it is worth!

But it''s working now for me, which is exciting since I wanted to visit the tsav again
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that tsavorite is TDF!
23.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with the others. If the members only function is too much of a hassle, get rid of it. It''s nice, but we''d rather you have more time to cut beautiful gems.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I''m another one for ditching the idea if it''s giving you grief.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The biggest issue is people not entering their user name and passwords exactly as they gave them to me.

I''ll let it go till I get back from Africa and see how it all shakes out. So far it pretty much looks like it''s a Pricescope Members list. I''d say about 95% who signed up are Pricescoper''s.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene I emailed a few days ago and asked to be included but haven''t heard anything. Should I re-send?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First try logging in. IF it doesn''t work then email me again. I can''t match people''s screen names here to their real names. I''m always surprised when I see a stone posted who the person is on Pricescope.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone here buy the Tsav??? New sapphire and tourmaline posted too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I quit!
29.gif
I can''t log in!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
You entering your info EXACTLY as you sent him? It is case sensitive too. Maybe check the email you sent him to make sure?

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Ah ha! I can log in now! Thanks gene!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2009 11:09:35 PM
Author: beach
You entering your info EXACTLY as you sent him? It is case sensitive too. Maybe check the email you sent him to make sure?
The problem is I erased my email to Gene. With some help from a PS friend and some trial and error, I got it to work! Yippee!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
Just when you and others are finally able to log in, Gene has decided to ditch the member's only page and go back to his old format. He mentioned this in his blog.

No more member's only - yay!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 9:44:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

No more member''s only - yay!
36.gif

I am glad, too! All of that signing in business is too much work
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew! Thanks Gene (and you too, ladies).
1.gif

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, the idea was to give you guys an edge on getting new stones over others. There was really no benefit to me in this, my expectation was that members would like having a first look. Kinda like shopping at Sam''s Club where you need to be a member, except this membership was free.

With some of the other sites, don''t you need to login to be able to see prices?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 5:46:54 PM
Well, the idea was to give you guys an edge on getting new stones over others. There was really no benefit to me in this, my expectation was that members would like having a first look. Kinda like shopping at Sam's Club where you need to be a member, except this membership was free.

With some of the other sites, don't you need to login to be able to see prices?
Yes, but what makes it easy for the vendor is that anyone who is a member has the same password.

Or, if you forget your password, it will be automatically emailed to you if you register with an email address.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't see the point in having a password if everyone has the same one.

I think there should be some kind of a reward system for customers, and maybe even "Gold" customers. Like frequent flyer miles on a plane. If they gave a million miles to everyone, there wouldn't be any point in it. People get upgraded to first class for spending lots of money, just like you get comp'ed in Vegas for spending a lot at the tables. You can't get a free upgrade in the Hotel to a suite for just drinking the free drinks.

If I ever do anything again with a login, it will be a dealers or trade only type thing.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 6:24:48 PM
I don't see the point in having a password if everyone has the same one.

I think there should be some kind of a reward system for customers, and maybe even 'Gold' customers. Like frequent flyer miles on a plane. If they gave a million miles to everyone, there wouldn't be any point in it. People get upgraded to first class for spending lots of money, just like you get comp'ed in Vegas for spending a lot at the tables. You can't get a free upgrade in the Hotel to a suite for just drinking the free drinks.

If I ever do anything again with a login, it will be a dealers or trade only type thing.
Maybe you can automate the password process so that if a person forgets their password, they can enter their email address and have their password sent to the address. That would take you out of the loop more since you stated that you were spending too much time helping people to try to remember their password. It would also be nice if the stone would also automatically show up as "sold" once you truly sold it. Just some helpful suggestions.
9.gif

I know that in the past, I wanted to buy a stone from you using your shopping cart method, but I was afraid it was already sold. Kind of frustrating and disapaointing since that happened to me a couple of times, and it's more work for you since you have to issue refunds. I think you once mentioned that Mochi's famous asscher chrysoberyl sold 8 times.
6.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gene, I liked it when you had the precision gem dollars where you get a small percentage back for every purchase you make. Sort of like frequent flyer miles or reward programs. I know it became a bit of pain for you to keep track of but it''s a nice way of rewarding repeat customers IMO
1.gif

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d like an item to be marked sold too, once it''s sold. The problem is that requires an outside service. I could do it using a service called E-Junkies, but with the number of items I have, it would cost $40 per month. My current shopping cart doesn''t cost me anything. It''s no problem to refund the Paypal if 2 people buy the same stone. This really doesn''t happen very often.

The "Precision Gem Dollars" took a lot more time to manage than the login, and very few people ever took advantage of it. Building the website is kind of fun in it''s own way, and much more so now that I switched to a Mac over the Windows machine. I write engineering software in Windows all day at work, so it''s not like I don''t understand Windows, but the Mac is such a nicer operating system, and especially for home or small business much better.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve missed out on more than a few stones, and I got so frustrated, that I basically stopped buying. Truth be told is when you get a magnificent stone on your website, it goes in 4 nanoseconds. I think I once missed out on one by 10 seconds
7.gif
Although you do refund the amount to paypal, it''s just a pet peeve of mine I guess. It''s like wanting that one last pair of gorgeous shoes only to find out they don''t have your size.
39.gif

Come on Gene, most of us are female, we have feelings!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results