shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Gem meets Victor Canera

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
:-o :love: :lickout: Gahhhh! Oh how I love this!!! Gorgeous stone, the size is amazing & that setting is just perfect for it :appl:
This may be my favorite of all of your gorgeous rings! Such a statement piece!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out great. Excellent workmanship on the ring, great cutting and polish on the gem, and fabulous dichroism with the blue green color.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! I saw this on his FB... I hoped it belonged to a PSer so we could see more pictures. I'm so jealous of your beautiful VC collection! Lucky Girl!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautifully matched. We'll need more photos though!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, such a fabulous ring Acinom! The color of that gemstone is just amazing, and the setting showcases it perfectly! So very elegant and graceful. Your collection is truly one to be envied! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove it! Beautiful stone and the setting is incredible. Victor Canera is such an artist. I would love to have a ring by him... You are so lucky! You have amazing taste and you are so generous to share the journey to this exquisite ring.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPEECHLESS! Wow wow wow!!!! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom your tourm and ring are so incredibly beautiful! I love the tri wire design it's gorgeous! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thank you for your kind words lovesvintage, catmom, alexxxx, missgotrocks, chrystal24K, sundial, dk168, diamondseeker2006, calliecake, asscherhalo lover, niel, arkieb, caf, woofmama, TL, mayk, chel180, junebug, apacherose, kristydarling and ricezo:wavey: :wavey:

I truly enjoyed reading your comments this morning. Thank you for your compliments.

Lovesvintage and apacherose: you're welcome! It has been so helpful for me that PSers are sharing their knowledge, photo's and process updates. And if my photo's and process updates can be helpful, I gladly share these.

DK: today I will try to make a group shot. Thank you for your support and comments during the creation process. It's highly appreciated.

DS: :lol: you are right on top of things!

Calliecake: till sofar I have been lucky in finding great stones. In this case it's because of Sparklieslover's enthusiasm. I am not sure whether I would have had a rough stone cut. It has been a great a smooth experience and Gene will cut yet another stone for me :naughty:

Woofmama: thank you for your enthusiasm about this ring. I am so glad though, that I do not have to pick a favorite since I love them all :twisted:

TL: thanks!!! I love the bluish glow in the green. It's such a dynamic and special stone. And Victor has nailed it again with the proportions of the ring.

Mayk: :lol: I hope the same when I see beautiful jewelry on FB. Strange enough the fabulous pieces seems to belong to PSers.

Junebug: we seem to have the same taste as Iove love love your collection as well.

Ricezo: thanks for chiming in Afghan Tourmaline ring sister!! Victor advised me to not do the bezelled frenchies in the gallery as they would have a giant size because of the depth of the stone. I am so glad I followed his advice. Thank you for your support during the process and I am looking forward to see what yours will look like!

_26263.jpg

_26264.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some reflections:

setting (design) process
Again it has been a great journey working with Victor. It works very well as I am a fan of his work and aesthetic principles. So, doing a long distance process with Victor is like a walk in the park as he seems to read my mind. I would totally recommend working with him. I you want to micromanage, I would not recommend a custom made process. In these processes you will always have some surprises. In this case the surprises where all good ones:
- the stone was deeper than I imagined and Victor did magic with the proportions of the ring
- I loved the concept of the cuffs but thought it would be on the big/prominent side. I was very surprised to see how delicate they are
- the ring is more beautiful than I could envision

the stone and cutting process
This was my first rough-to-gem process and it has been such a great process working with Gene. He is someone who clearly wants happy customers. As with most of my stones I could not see the stone with my own eyes before having it set. Gene's pics are very accurate and the stone is even more beautiful and lively in real life. I would recommend everyone to see a stone first however as you might face less pleasant surprises. In this case I was completely aware of the size and even tried it on my hand with a piece of paper. I did not realise that the stone was so deep. Which - in Victor's setting - is actually a great thing!

_26265.jpg

_26267.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is very beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lknvrb4 :wavey:

I have some groupshots:

_26268.jpg

_26269.jpg

_26270.jpg

_26271.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And these :twisted:

_26272.jpg

_26273.jpg

_26274.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for my bling fix of the day!

DK :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's next? Red? Yellow??

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Weeee! Love the group shots!!!!

Incredible collection, Acinom- you are amazing- those are all such stunning, delicious jewels in the most perfect, exquisite settings. Knocks my socks off! I wish I had your dilemma of deciding which one to wear....

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing collection!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
as always, your taste is beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Acinom! Just a few quick thoughts. I was guessing that was yours. I saw it on his website. That ring is spectacular. Wow. That stone...wow. That 3 wire setting. It's really beautiful. It's also quite different from the settings of your other rings, so much less melee, and extremely clean. As always, his double claws are so beautifully made.

How does it feel wearing this ring? What do you think when you look at it on your hand? The stone is so big, and so prominent in this setting. It's gorgeous!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great addition to your collection,Acinom! It is a beautiful ring! I love seeing pictures of all your beauties!

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Your collection is amazing and gets more amazing with every ring!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This turned out absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that IS amazing!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: you're welcome 8-)

Niel: up next is a very pale pink :lol: And Gene will cut an exotic blue topaz for me :twisted:. Oh, and did I tell you about the purple and green? :shock:

apacherose said:
Weeee! Love the group shots!!!!

Incredible collection, Acinom- you are amazing- those are all such stunning, delicious jewels in the most perfect, exquisite settings. Knocks my socks off! I wish I had your dilemma of deciding which one to wear....
You are always so kind and enthusiastic Apacherose :wavey:
Thank you for liking my collection. I truly enjoy wearing my rings.

Aw, thank you artdecolover and chrystal24K! This part of my ring collection has been built after PS and these are my absolute favorites.

LLJsmom said:
Hi Acinom! Just a few quick thoughts. I was guessing that was yours. I saw it on his website. That ring is spectacular. Wow. That stone...wow. That 3 wire setting. It's really beautiful. It's also quite different from the settings of your other rings, so much less melee, and extremely clean. As always, his double claws are so beautifully made.

How does it feel wearing this ring? What do you think when you look at it on your hand? The stone is so big, and so prominent in this setting. It's gorgeous!!
Thanks for chiming in LLJsmom! I love wearing this ring and somehow the setting 'found' the stone and vice versa. When Gene was cutting the stone I already knew it had to be a simple yet refined setting. I love classic, as well as vintage and sleek setting by the way as long as they are not overly elaborate. So that's the reason I can wear an engraved art deco inspired ring as well as a more modern sleek setting. When I look at the ring on my finger it feels very sophisticated and quite a statement because of the size. I also enjoy looking at the amazing colour and the refined details of the setting.
How is yours holding up LLJsmom? I love love love your reset.

luv2sparkle, demon and lorissey: thank you so much!!!

Thanks michelez! Are you enjoying your frenchie set? It's gorgeous. Those frenchies are pretty amazing aren't

_26287.jpg

_26288.jpg

_26289.jpg

_26290.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone & setting!
Also, thanks for the group shots ☺️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's after the pale pink?

What about the Moonstone?

How about a nice pale green Chrysoberyl?

Or a nice yellow Sapphire?

Or a nice Tahitian and/or South Sea Pearl?

DK :bigsmile:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, The setting is very elegant and perfect choice for the gorgeous stone. It is so big! Your group shots are great. You have built a spectacular collection of color stones.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my beating heart! The best collection on PriceScope just got even better!

I'd love to see the other jewellery in your collection- do you have pendants/ earrings/ bracelets etc?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
So excited to see you've received your ring!! It's absolutely amazing, a work of art! I love the way you balanced the stone and setting and made a big beautiful stone look so elegant and delicate, not always easy to do. A worthy addition to your stunning and drool-worthy collection! :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, you're quickly collecting all the colours of the rainbow...and then some! [emoji2] your collection is just gorgeous, every piece is collector worthy. I'm completely green with envy! As green as your new tourmaline, haha! Please enjoy wearing them in good health and happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results