shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-wedding Abstinence....? (thought that would get your attention)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a female friend that insisted on the abstinence plan from the time she got engaged to the wedding...about 6 months. Her groom to be didn''t like it but agreed to go along. Aparently it got to be too much for him because the bride to be caught him with another girl. Needless to say the wedding was called off.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I read a stat somewhere that said that approx. 30% of coples did not get it on on their wedding night...not sure who or where they were polling, but it does sound pretty accurate to me....so, after all that waiting, the wedding night may not even ''happen''.

Someone mentioned feeling an extra closeness during the engagement period. I have noticed this...FI and I are past the 24/7 lusty throwdown stage b/c we have been together for 10+ years, but being engaged has produced a subtle but noticable new level of intimacy...in b/w all the wedding planning busy-ness we are like ''wow, this is our wedding we are finally planning after all these years'' and we are giddy about it...don''t know if i want to ignore this for 3 months in exchange for one tired wedding night....

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 9:07:24 AM
Author: IslandDreams
I have a female friend that insisted on the abstinence plan from the time she got engaged to the wedding...about 6 months. Her groom to be didn''t like it but agreed to go along. Aparently it got to be too much for him because the bride to be caught him with another girl. Needless to say the wedding was called off.
Well, if that''s all it took for him to cheat, then he wasn''t the right guy anyway...what a jerk! I mean, I wouldn''t want to go without for that long either, but I still wouldn''t cheat on my FI!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had friends who abstained 3 or 6 months (can''t remember which) before their wedding...I remember even though it was the gal''s idea, she started getting all antsy and kind of angry when her FI wouldn''t give in to her once or twice when she started getting "weak," and wanted to have relations during their period of abstinence.
20.gif
Then, on their wedding night after the reception we all went back to their hotel with them...they proceeded to go up to their own room and consummate their marriage and then came BACK down to party with everyone else. It was kind of weird--she was still in her dress and he in his tux--we all knew what they''d been doing (not that it was wrong) and it was kind of awkward. I felt like I was supposed to high-five her or something.
14.gif
The whole thing just kind of weirded me out, actually...I don''t really want to know about anyone else''s personal business, you know? And to me the fact that they advertised their "re-virginization" and then made no effort to keep private their wedding night business was not what it should have been about. Whether that was right or wrong of them, I don''t really know, but I do know I felt like it was TMI in the first place knowing they were taking a sex break before they got married. What you do or don''t do behind closed doors is nobody''s business but your own, imo.
9.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
3 months?!! I didn''t go for that long when I was single!!!!!

broadway

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, I can see a couple of weeks or even months in some cases, but from the moment you are engaged?? Wow. We are having a really long engagement, though. I jokingly told my FI that we were starting in Jan. 08 - we''re not getting married til mid-Oct. His face crumbled.
11.gif

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
I love this topic! My daughter lives with her man (in sin). LOL Just kidding about the sin part. She mentioned to me that she wants to plan a separation of about a week or so before they get married. Makes sense to me. But I''m not so sure I want her staying with US for a week. Her presence would put a major crimp in OUR activity!

broadway

Rough_Rock
dmamsquared, that''s so funny! my fi''s dad is a preacher and we are living in "sin" as well.
36.gif

his family is SO glad we''re engaged now. my family could care less about us living together.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Nope, not me! I don''t know anyone that has done that

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine at my previous work got married in November. Their goal was to wait three months. Haha. They lasted until they got on the boat for the Caribbean, figured they''d gone long enough, and did every day on the boat before their wedding (day four of the cruise). So much for their waiting game.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Obviously in the minority, but we abtained the 3.5 months before the wedding. At that time we''d been together for over 4 years and living together for a year. I dont know any of my other friends that did it. DH wasnt too happy at first, but then it was okay, we would do other things. I have to say, for me, it did make our wedding night a little extra special. It was just such an awesome feeling to finally be close again.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
My ex-husband and I did this --- 3 months worth. And we lived together. It sucked - and whoever said the wedding night would be "faster" was right! (but why limit it to one time?
31.gif
) This time around, I''m not abstaining on purpose --- with 3 kids in the house, we have very few decent opportunities anyway and I''m not missing ''em!
2.gif

jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results