shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers & Thoughts for safety to those in Gulf!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping for a sparing wave of nature’s wicked hand as she gears up in the Gulf with Hurricane Laura, which looks to be hitting Cat-4 strength.

Praying folks in the path stay safe & sheltered from harm, and come out on the good side of this!

Please do check in when you’re able!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding in my good thoughts for safety to all affected. Bucketloads of good luck dust being sent your way. And (((hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really hoping everyone stays safe. Sending lots of good thoughts to those affected, this is scary.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending only loving and hopeful dust to everyone (and I have family there) what they will more likely need is donations and support

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Praying for everyone who lives there. Please stay safe and hope all your family members and friends are safe too.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone stays safe! :pray:

Q

Queenie60

Prayers to all - please stay safe.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the best to all those folks - stay safe and check in when you can!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hunger down and do what ever you have to do to keep safe

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of all PSers in that area and also our friends at Whiteflash!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Please stay safe and well. Thinking of everyone in those areas tonight.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Current wind speeds are 150mph and pressure continues to drop its @942mb. I'm listening to the current NHC broadcast and its really not good. watching the recon missions HH are finding 180-205mph winds in the northern eyewall.

NHC says storm surge 40 miles inland possible.

They are stressing that this type of storm surge is not survivable and thats the scary part. I'm extremely worried at this point.

Also one more thing, its the inland thats really going to be an issue. Its going to be a Tropical Storm when it reaches Arkansas.....

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have had lights flickering and it’s been quiet since then. It’s supposed to get bad here around ten p.m.

We will have a bumpy night. For a good deed, I called the local rescue and took in a shelter dog for the storm. She is a little black puppy weenie dog.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Screen shot taken from a video. She would have been outside in a kennel for the storm.

C1A7B8E1-695A-476F-A545-B8CFF9C993F2.jpeg

Hope you are safe! Praying for you! Sweet doggie is very lucky.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm in a suburb of Houston. We're going to be spared the brunt of this storm as it is going east of us, closer to the TX/LA border. The people in Lake Charles and Beaumont are going to get hammered unfortunately.

We're still supposed to get 45+ mph winds here when the storm reaches us after midnight tonight, but that's a lot better than what they had been predicting. As recently as last night our local stations were calling for much, much worse. My husband and I spent a lot of time yesterday and this morning preparing.

My heart goes out to those closer to where this monster hits.

@whitewave are you close to where this is coming onshore?

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in a suburb of Houston. We're going to be spared the brunt of this storm as it is going east of us, closer to the TX/LA border. The people in Lake Charles and Beaumont are going to get hammered unfortunately.

We're still supposed to get 45+ mph winds here when the storm reaches us after midnight tonight, but that's a lot better than what they had been predicting. As recently as last night our local stations were calling for much, much worse for us. My husband and I spent a lot of time yesterday and this morning preparing.

My heart goes out to those closer to where this monster hits.

@whitewave are you close to where this is coming onshore?

I’m not coastal, but I’m close enough. They are saying anywhere from 60-100mph gusts. We will be dodging tornadoes all night.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are in a Houston suburb as well but it looks like we may not even get rain now. My dad lives near Galveston though and I surely hope it isn't too bad there. I told my dad and stepmom that they can come to our house but because of covid, that will be only if absolutely necessary. What a terrible mess! Prayers for all in the path.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’m not coastal, but I’m close enough. They are saying anywhere from 60-100mph gusts. We will be dodging tornadoes all night.

So sorry you have to go through this. I've been through a handful of hurricanes, but never one as bad as what's headed your way. So good of you to take in a beautiful little pup. Stay safe.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Scary to hear about tornadoes and such strong gusts. Praying for you to be safe, please keep in touch with us if you can.

We're still supposed to get 45+ mph winds here when the storm reaches us after midnight tonight

Praying for you too, hope you don't experience any serious harm.

P

Petalouda

In Houston as well. Thoughts and prayers to those in the path. Rita, Ike, Harvey and Imelda hit those regions hard the past 15 years. Last thing they needed is this. I hope there will be more investment in infrastructure. I know for Houston an event like this would destroy us. Harvey was rough as a rain event. We are also totally unprepared for a wind event. Many thoughts and prayers.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
We are in a Houston suburb as well but it looks like we may not even get rain now. My dad lives near Galveston though and I surely hope it isn't too bad there. I told my dad and stepmom that they can come to our house but because of covid, that will be only if absolutely necessary. What a terrible mess! Prayers for all in the path.

Praying for your dad and stepmom. You too please be safe.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I always put my ID in my pocket when I have to ride out a tornado or hurricane. That way they'll know who I am if I'm found unconscious or worse. And I leave my shoes, flashlight, a bike helmet and my dog's leashes next to my bed so I can grab them and put them on in a heartbeat if need be.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
In Houston as well. Thoughts and prayers to those in the path. Rita, Ike, Harvey and Imelda hit those regions hard the past 15 years. Last thing they needed is this. I hope there will be more investment in infrastructure. I know for Houston an event like this would destroy us. Harvey was rough as a rain event. We are also totally unprepared for a wind event. Many thoughts and prayers.

Praying for you to be safe.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a year 2020 has been.

If we all make it through to 2021 unscathed, we should have a massive PS party, have far to much to drink and admire each other's jewelry (once the pandemic lifts, whenever the heck that is.)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Current wind speeds are 150mph and pressure continues to drop its @942mb. I'm listening to the current NHC broadcast and its really not good. watching the recon missions HH are finding 180-205mph winds in the northern eyewall.

NHC says storm surge 40 miles inland possible.

They are stressing that this type of storm surge is not survivable and thats the scary part. I'm extremely worried at this point.

Also one more thing, its the inland thats really going to be an issue. Its going to be a Tropical Storm when it reaches Arkansas.....

This scares the crap out of me just reading it. Stay safe people!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always put my ID in my pocket when I have to ride out a tornado or hurricane. That way they'll know who I am if I'm found unconscious or worse. And I leave my shoes, flashlight, a bike helmet and my dog's leashes next to my bed so I can grab them and put them on in a heartbeat if need be.

I don’t think I’m going to bed. Staying dressed with shoes on and likely will cat nap on the sofa with the dogs.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think I’m going to bed. Staying dressed with shoes on and likely will cat nap on the sofa with the dogs.

Yes of course -- I would too! No way to sleep with 100+ mph winds roaring over your home. My earlier comment was meant for much smaller storms and routine tornado watches, not the whopper headed your way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results