shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers and positive wishes needed for our friend Independent Gal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy,
Thinking of you sweetie. Best wishes to you both for the holiday season.. A HUG if you need it. We are all keeping you in our thoughts...
5.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 8:44:06 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Hello everyone. Please know how incredibly much it means to me that you are all my cheerleaders, and that you think of and remember my dear sons.

So, a friend suggested (jokingly) that maybe I should get a couple of piglets to cuddle, like that tiger that lost her cubs in the hoax that circulated recently.
16.gif
Or maybe a puppy. I have this overwhelming urge to nurture and care for something and no babies on whom to shower that care. Realistically, we can''t get a pet right now! But heading down to the shelter to play with lonely pooches helps. So does taking care of other peoples'' children. I''m the on-call babysitter at work now.

It is really insane how much I miss Sam and Isaac. But I am still taking it a day at a time, and will for as long as I have to.

Kim H, we had to put our Morocco hopes on hold. Between the cost of the funeral and the importance of going to visit my mom overseas at peak season (she''s fighting cancer and really needs support right now), my entire liquid savings is gonegonegone. It looks likely that my husband will lose his job, so we have to be careful! We can get through, but only by being frugal. Maybe in February, when it''s cheap, we''ll see about a last minute deal to somewhere warm and sunny.

The world doesn''t stop just because your babies die. There are still other problems, other loved ones and friends who are stressed or worried or ill to comfort and care for, other obligations. In theory it would have been nice to take some time to rest and reflect and attend to my own needs. I would have liked to take some time away. But maybe being forced back into the fold actually makes things easier? It keeps me from feeling sorry for myself and dwelling on it to the exclusion of other things.

I am pretty exhausted though.

Indy, I am just so sorry that you are going through this. You''re right, the world doesn''t stop but it sure isn''t fair and I wish things were different for you. I hope the holidays bring you some happiness. One day at a time is the best way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy,

I want you to know that I am thinking of you and hoping you and your DH are having a wonderful holiday season full of love and laughter. I know that you believe in facing the future with grace and not dwelling too long on the past, so in support of that and in honour of the coming new year and the new outlook that time can often herald for many people, I am going to ask admin to remove the sticky from this thread. I know that many here have felt moved by your sons'' lives and by your spirit, and they will continue to love you and support you no matter what.

We miss you and care about you, can''t wait for your return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results