shape
carat
color
clarity

potential?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please go to your local hearts on fire dealer and look at J's with your own eyes if you have time. HOF are expensive (sometimes called Wallets on Fire) but they are ideal cuts that do cut J's. I always think it's best to evaluate color with your own eyes before committing. Don't tell them you are using them to scope out color and plan to buy online (you'll get an earful from a desperate sales person wanting to make a sale) and DO make sure you see the diamond in real light and in diffused light, not just under the jewelers light. Personally, I'd buy a J or a K or even an O in an ideal round in a heartbeat, but then I've seen them with my own eyes.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 3:39:57 AM
Author:evaldez
do you guys think i can get away with a nice stone with this.. and the price.. is a j color never waned to go that low but ps community says there great stones that low http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-636630.htm#
A reliably graded J colour with a top cut is plenty white for a good number of people, I was looking at one in person recently and I couldn't see any warmth at all, but colour perception can vary. WF do have a good return policy should you decide to go for that diamond, or as Gypsy says take a look in person at some HoF to see what your personal colour tolerances are. But we do have many happy J colour owners here!

You could also try Jareds if there is one closeby, they sell AGS0 cut grade diamonds and possibly some GIA Excellent cut grade which could also give you a chance to view some J colour.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
great point gypsy.... do you think the stone i linked can pass for g-h? if some one was just looking at it ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the eyesight of the person looking at it. LOL. You really have to decide for yourself.

If you are asking if that stone would look like a G-H to *ME* specifically, face up and by itself... then yes. But I can't say the same for any other person looking at it because color is very person specific.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thing is, outside of here, in real life, most people have no clue what color a diamond is. If well cut, which this one is, all they will see is size and sparkle. It''s not until a stone gets really yellow looking that people are going to notice color. And this won''t be yellow, not even close.
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I have an AGS000 "J' stone and IRL, to the average person it appears very white and sparkly. No one evers believes it's a J... I would not hesitate to to buy a J or K, particularly in a stone that size...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results