shape
carat
color
clarity

Potential reset for an emerald cut after deciding on new right hand ring

jerseypeach

Rough_Rock
Good morning, everyone!

After some truly wonderful advice (with particular assistance from @Cerulean and @dreamer_dachsie - thank you both!) I have landed on an old euro cut that I will be utilizing for a right hand ring. It will be the stone in the solitaire setting but it will be in a three stone sapphire setting, which will be modeled after the below. B53DA18D-714C-4EFC-9782-057ABAA31C81.png
E20E478E-AE8F-462C-8CA9-1EB3DEE5C8B2.png

On to my next quandary. My current engagement ring is a three stone emerald with traps. It’s beautiful, and I love her. However, I am having some thoughts that with the three stone right hand ring, it might be better to do something different for my left. Is this absolutely ridiculous? For reference, here is my current ring:
ABDA526C-6F7D-4DF3-84C8-4E8716948BAB.png

And for a reset, I am considering a solitaire (two toned with white gold prongs and a yellow gold hand), a solitaire with a hidden halo, or a bezel set. Here are some inspo pics:

C7C552D8-3797-4565-AEF8-67316AA18637.png

8BBEEDCE-AAC6-415F-96DB-9154E1F34EAD.jpeg

Anyways, I’d love any thoughts/opinions around having two three stone rings or mixing it up a bit. Also - as a sub question, for those who have an emerald set as a solitaire, have you had any challenges with the safety of the stone and it getting banged up?

Really appreciate all the help thus far!

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would leave your 3-stone EC with traps alone as it is beautiful. The ring is sufficiently different in shape to your new OEC with Sapphire RHR.

As for EC as a solitaire - mine was originally bezel-set in Platinum.

I would bezel set everything for a peace of mind.

I had commissioned only 1 ring with a small red oval Spinel that had not been made with the centre stone bezel-set since 2004.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ering as it is! I wouldn’t worry about two three stone rings. The shapes and colors are different. I’d only reset the ering if I was really keen to change metal Color or something. I love the bezel look.

What about a bezel for the rhr?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would leave your ering alone (its beautiful the way it is). I would choose to do a different style of ring for your RHR, or even go with
the 3 stone style because they do look quite different.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others. Your ER is beautiful and I don't see any reason to change it. It is sufficiently different from the new ring that you are making that I don't think it looks repetitive at all.

jerseypeach

Rough_Rock
I love your ering as it is! I wouldn’t worry about two three stone rings. The shapes and colors are different. I’d only reset the ering if I was really keen to change metal Color or something. I love the bezel look.

What about a bezel for the rhr?

I love this idea! My only hesitation - will a solitaire bezel look too much like an engagement ring? That concern was how I wound up with the idea of a three stone ring with sapphire. If I were going the bezel direction, I’d opt for something like this:

E4FF35E7-D73F-4E0C-B9CA-C56B0E6F57D9.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn’t worry about conventions too much and just wear what appeals to you aesthetically for your rhr! I like a solitaire on the right hand personally, especially on the middle finger

Love that bezel in yg with accents. Yum. It is also very practical for a rhr bc the setting is so smooth and won’t catch on things. I am presently waiting on my own rhr with a star sapphire center and the setting is a bezel solitaire.

But do what makes you comfortable! Bling should be all about pleasure.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
On thing to consider is whether you like your OEC set in a bezel. It will change the light play, often by exaggerating contrast. One way to test is to take a little tinfoil and make a little collar/wrap for your diamond. Then you can see how it will look bezelled. Also yellow gold will make the stone look considerably more tinted so make sure you are ok with that too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results