shape
carat
color
clarity

post your photos of cool inclusions here

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Tip of my 5.93ct included but glowy spessartite pear.

_351.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
"Paraiba" cabs with alka selzer like inclusions (haven't had them tested for copper yet).

tourmaline_cabs_2.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1343436057|3241712 said:
Holy cow, 1001smiles, you have some really cool stuff!!! Thanks for posting!

ieatbugs - love the clay in amethyst! What a collection of treasures you both have- :appl:

I totally agree!!! :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colorluvr, I never get tired of seeing those. They are so beautiful and so representative of what cuprian or paraiba tourms are. So many people list these insipid, pale stones as "paraiba" or cuprian and talk about "neon glow" when its just not there (I can think of multiple examples right now on ebay) But yours are the real deal and could probably light up a dark closet! I love the inclusions - they make the stones look like drops of water with wonderful bubbles...

ETA: if you ever decide you don't want these beauties, please let me know as I would love to buy them from you...

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1343497169|3242093 said:
Colorluvr, I never get tired of seeing those. They are so beautiful and so representative of what cuprian or paraiba tourms are. So many people list these insipid, pale stones as "paraiba" or cuprian and talk about "neon glow" when its just not there (I can think of multiple examples right now on ebay) But yours are the real deal and could probably light up a dark closet! I love the inclusions - they make the stones look like drops of water with wonderful bubbles...

ETA: if you ever decide you don't want these beauties, please let me know as I would love to buy them from you...

Thanks, actually someone else on here already put first dibs on them if I ever sell :bigsmile:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
here is another photo with them getting their "glow" on, but you can't see the inclusions as well in this one.

tourmaline_cabs.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Two "matching" (as in the same size) prehnite cabs.

prehnite.jpg

prehnite2.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
4.82ct rainbow topaz from Scott (American-Thai). First one is his photo and the rest are my macro photos from a different angle.

rainbow_topaz.jpg

topaz1.jpg

topaz2a.jpg

topaz3a.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
2.65ct lepidocrocite (confetti quartz).

lepidocrocite.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
colorluvr|1343497887|3242098 said:

Thanks, actually someone else on here already put first dibs on them if I ever sell :bigsmile:
Who would that be? :naughty:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Two examples of irridescent chrome tourmaline (both came from Scott - American Thai). Marquise is 2.38ct and oval is 1.23cts. I'm told it's pretty rare.

chrome_tourmaline1.jpg

chrome_tourmaline2a.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1343501531|3242124 said:

Who would that be? :naughty:

Actually, Uppy, someone else was before you :errrr:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
25.45ct Rutiled topaz

img_2433-001.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the marquise, colorluvr. The shape is very nice and the colour is pleasing. I once got one of those tourmalines but ended up returning it, as it was too dark and the iridescence didn't show up well. Yours are just beautiful, though.

Could you put me in the paraiba dib list as well, please? :bigsmile:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1343502013|3242129 said:
I love the marquise, colorluvr. The shape is very nice and the colour is pleasing. I once got one of those tourmalines but ended up returning it, as it was too dark and the iridescence didn't show up well. Yours are just beautiful, though.

Sure - lol...

The marquise is a thin sliced cab (quite flat), so the only way I would set it would be in a pendant, but I imagine this one will probably just stay in it's gem box. I will probably sell the smaller tourmaline cab, as I really don't need two. :(sad

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here's two that I had recut by Dan Stair...so they happen to be in the same photo...

The first is a 4.5ct Rubellite, from Nigeria but doesn't go brown or orange...wish it had less inclusions, but it is Rubellite...This stone was a big roval but now looks much better, I can't tell you what to call it though, shape-wise. I probably wouldn't have posted this stone here necessarily, but its the best picture I have of my silver-blue Tourmaline.

The second stone I bought for the inclusions. That's a silver-blue Cuprian Tourmaline, with the rutile needles...Dan recut the pavillion for me so it looks a lot more brilliant and even now..it had a pretty large belly.

recuts.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
AND one of my very favorites (which is why it is set) is my 5.57ct cuprian toumaline pear set in a pendant. You can see the copper inclusions from the side shot. It shows the inclusions with the naked eye, but I don't find that it detracts from the stone. It's not the most glowy cuprian, but it has it's moments :naughty:

cuprian_tourmaline.jpg

cuprian_tourmaline2.jpg

tourmaline_pear.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Chrisa222|1343503649|3242139 said:
Here's two that I had recut by Dan Stair...so they happen to be in the same photo...

The first is a 4.5ct Rubellite, from Nigeria but doesn't go brown or orange...wish it had less inclusions, but it is Rubellite...This stone was a big roval but now looks much better, I can't tell you what to call it though, shape-wise. I probably wouldn't have posted this stone here necessarily, but its the best picture I have of my silver-blue Tourmaline.

The second stone I bought for the inclusions. That's a silver-blue Cuprian Tourmaline, with the rutile needles...Dan recut the pavillion for me so it looks a lot more brilliant and even now..it had a pretty large belly.

The silver-blue Cuprian Tourmaline is cool! :appl:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
colorluvr|1343502800|3242137 said:
Lady_Disdain|1343502013|3242129 said:

Sure - lol...

The marquise is a thin sliced cab (quite flat), so the only way I would set it would be in a pendant, but I imagine this one will probably just stay in it's gem box. I will probably sell the smaller tourmaline cab, as I really don't need two. :(sad

I think you should go ahead and set it in a pendant. Yellow gold, simple bezel with a faceted pink tourmaline for an accent stone. It would be a striking, yummy pendant!

I love the tourmaline, Chryssa.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lady and Colorluvr, thanks! Its one of my favorite stones...it is only very very slightly blue, looks like metallic silver most of the time...

This is my weird Tanzanite...it looks like a normal Tanzanite most of the time, until the light hits it a certain way, and then you get THIS...lol

_355.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That was me - I'm SURE that was me :bigsmile: **insert pleading icon here** :saint: :praise:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1343499248|3242114 said:
4.82ct rainbow topaz from Scott (American-Thai). First one is his photo and the rest are my macro photos from a different angle.

Hmm, Scott is a seller who hasn't showed up yet in SGBTS thread. I'll have to get right on that... :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrisa222|1343504340|3242146 said:
Lady and Colorluvr, thanks! Its one of my favorite stones...it is only very very slightly blue, looks like metallic silver most of the time...

This is my weird Tanzanite...it looks like a normal Tanzanite most of the time, until the light hits it a certain way, and then you get THIS...lol

Chris, what the Heck is the "This?" I don't think I've seen anything like that before..

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1343505670|3242156 said:
Chrisa222|1343504340|3242146 said:

Chris, what the Heck is the "This?" I don't think I've seen anything like that before..

It is probably an internal fracture that is working as a refraction filter. They are very cool and this one is perfectly positioned! You can get them in many stones (tourmaline, for example) but they can be hard to find, specially since dealers often see them as just lesser quality and buyers don't appreciate them.

They can also make a gem more fragile. The first stone I broke when setting was a very pretty red tourmaline with these sorts of flashes. It just cleaved along the fracture ;(

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, LD. That makes perfect sense as I was going to describe it as a drop of oil in a puddle! Same effect.

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
colorluvr: wherever did you find the iridescent chrome tourmaline?! It's awesome!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1343505240|3242152 said:

That was me - I'm SURE that was me :bigsmile: **insert pleading icon here** :saint: :praise:

HANDS OFF! I think it's me that got in first!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love this inclusion. It's in a Paraiba Tourmaline. Don't you think it looks like a steel structure of some kind?

inclusion_in_tourmaline5.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LD|1343573866|3242457 said:
minousbijoux|1343505240|3242152 said:

HANDS OFF! I think it's me that got in first!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
I'm ready to arm wrestle you for them!! Watch out!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ieatbugs|1343515857|3242227 said:
colorluvr: wherever did you find the iridescent chrome tourmaline?! It's awesome!

They both came from Scott (American-Thai). I don't know if he still has any, it's been a while since I got mine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results