shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your cushion halos here!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Cushion halo''s are my absolute favorites. I don''t have a photo of mine to share except my avatar(sp?). That photo does not really do my little canary diamond justice. In real life it''s a soft yellow perfectly clear and so so sparkley. The color perfectly matches the shade of the 18k YG bezel. Plus the avatar photo makes the ring look flat but it has dimension IRL. This is my RHR which was my very first diamond I bought after the divorce. I knew exactly what I wanted because near the end of the 20 year marriage I became obsessed with colored diamonds and actually bought a big old canary CZ from BonTon fine jewelry (much nicer quality than the costume category of cz''s. It was a very *real* looking simulant in a radiant cut but the stone was a big 3 carats and with the halfmoon white sidestones on my size 5 1/2 it actually hung over the edges of my finger. Strangers would grab my hand and gush over how big my canary diamond "honker" was so I stopped wearing it -- I was ashamed and embarassed of it''s size and of course it was a fake. After that I started paying attention to what was tasteful before I actually dumped some money into a real diamond. I tried on different style settings and sizes/cuts of diamonds as well as different shades of yellow diamonds. I discovered that an 8mm diameter was what looked best on my hand, and I absolutely loved cushions in halo''s. My little guy measures 5.5mm (6mm including the bezel) and with the 1-point melee set in platinum the circumference ended up being 8mm. When I work the drive up window at my pharmacy customers complain that my ring is blinding them in the sunlight. And they ask if it is an antique even though I had it made new. I''ve had it for maybe 3 or 4 years now and never get tired of looking at it.

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 11:20:25 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
A thread after my own heart, after all, I am a ''cushion cut nut''! What gorgeous pics too! I can''t believe the amazing close-up shots some of you have posted! SWOON! My ring pales in comparison....but I will play along too....
What are you talking about, silly? Your ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
Thank you for adding it!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
LuckyTexan, that is my holy grail ring too. It''s just perfect in every way!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 3:32:03 PM
Author: fatafelice
What a great thread!
30.gif

I know Sunnyd already posted mine (thank you!), but I wanted to add a pic that shows its life a little better:

WOW!!!
30.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
RxTechRN2b, I love the story behind your ring! I''ve always thought colored diamonds in halos are amazing! I know your avatar is the only pic you have but it would be awesome to see more!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
OOH -- I want to play! My cushion cut diamond isn''t in a halo YET, but will be soon. I just got the CADs back from j.albrecht and I am LOVING the design. The "diamond" in the pic isn''t mine -- it''s computer-generated too!

My stone is a 1.08 carat L colored VS2 from Whiteflash. It''s currently set in a 4-prong setting. I''ll post pics of the finished cushion halo once it''s ready (should be about a month).

stacyhalo1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2008 3:55:18 PM
Author: glitterbug

Date: 7/6/2008 11:20:25 AM
A thread after my own heart, after all, I am a ''cushion cut nut''! What gorgeous pics too! I can''t believe the amazing close-up shots some of you have posted! SWOON! My ring pales in comparison....but I will play along too....
What are you talking about, silly? Your ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
Thank you for adding it!

Thank you very much!! How sweet of you!

Stacy.. .I am looking foward to more pics! No way that is an L colored diamond. My cushion is also and L color...and it certainly does have some warmth to it (which I love!), but in some lighting... it takes on a blueish-grey. I see a little bit of that in your stone!!!
30.gif

I think this photo may show a little blue-grey....

DSCF3700.JPG

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, cushioncutnut!

The stone in my cad isn't really my stone -- I'm having trouble attaching a pic right now, but my stone does show the slightest but of yellow. I LOVE that about it because I adore warmer stones. It's currently in a four-prong setting and I'm wondering if it will show more or less color in the bezel setting...

I want to see more and more pics of cushion halos too!
12.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I spend time just surfing the internet for photos of antique cushion cut halo rings, and I think the nicest ones have warmer L-M colored diamonds.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Someone named "Independent Gal" once shared a photo of her Tiffany Legacy halo ring that had a less than 1/2 carat center stone. I don''t have a way to post photos (or smileyfaces) using my Blackberry and was hoping someone could post it in this thread. I always loved her ring!

Also, does anyone know of a way to post smiles without clicking on them, maybe a code using symbols or something? I feel like when I make a comment about the larger style rings (I just like to say "that''s a big ring" without resorting to using the words "WOW" or "Holy Cow") the compliment just seems to fall flat without that smileyface. That''s the problem with message boards -- people can''t see the expression on your face or hear it in your voice.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
No sparklies to add personally
8.gif
but I love this thread! Down the line I would adore a cushion halo for an anniversary present - I have a ton of them in my ''eye candy'' folder on my computer
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2008 6:53:48 PM
Author: stacy
Your ring is gorgeous, cushioncutnut!

The stone in my cad isn''t really my stone -- I''m having trouble attaching a pic right now, but my stone does show the slightest but of yellow. I LOVE that about it because I adore warmer stones. It''s currently in a four-prong setting and I''m wondering if it will show more or less color in the bezel setting...

I want to see more and more pics of cushion halos too!
12.gif

OOOPs.... It is hard to say how it will look once it is bezel set. I chose my ring because of the bezel setting and the pink diamonds/ rose gold. I can''t wait to see what your looks like finished!!

Babysteps.... ahhh yes, it is good to take "babysteps" to find that perfect ring!!
21.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Love love love that pink diamond halo in rose gold! I very nearly had DBL make me a stack ring in pink diamonds/rose gold to put between my two T&Co white diamond bands, but I''ve got the yellow diamond on my other hand and thought the colors might compete or even take away from each other. Fancy shape diamonds (cushion, asscher, and emerald) as well as fancy colors, are my passion. Put ''em all together in a halo ring and you''ve got a little piece of heaven on your finger!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 2:18:23 PM

Date: 6/21/2008 1:42:36 PM
Author: sunnyd
No prob glitterbug!!
2.gif
Can you tell I love em too? Hee!
Wait - you do?!
2.gif
Tee hee!

I''m excited for you! When do you think you''ll be able to post your ring? It sounds like it might be soon! Mine will be a while longer as Mark from ERD is sending my stone (FINALLY! It took 2+ months to find one!) on Monday! I honestly can''t wait.
9.gif
Totally missed this one... hopefully soon! A couple of months maybe? My lil diamond is all alone. Aiieeee too exciting. Can''t wait to see yours missy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2008 5:52:44 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Love love love that pink diamond halo in rose gold! I very nearly had DBL make me a stack ring in pink diamonds/rose gold to put between my two T&Co white diamond bands, but I''ve got the yellow diamond on my other hand and thought the colors might compete or even take away from each other. Fancy shape diamonds (cushion, asscher, and emerald) as well as fancy colors, are my passion. Put ''em all together in a halo ring and you''ve got a little piece of heaven on your finger!

Oh I bet a pink/rose diamond band would be gorgeous with your bands/ ring! I love pink and yellow diamonds mixed. Reminds me of a bouquet of spring flowers! Go for it! I am all too happy to enable one to purchase more diamonds!!
31.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 6:19:21 PM
Author: stacy
My stone is a 1.08 carat L colored VS2 from Whiteflash. It''s currently set in a 4-prong setting. I''ll post pics of the finished cushion halo once it''s ready (should be about a month).

Stacy, I can''t wait to see! I personally LOVE warmer colored cushions, and think an L would look amazing!
36.gif
Is it an antique style stone?

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 6:18:05 PM

No prob glitterbug!!
2.gif

Wait - you do?!
2.gif
Tee hee!

I''m excited for you! When do you think you''ll be able to post your ring? It sounds like it might be soon! Mine will be a while longer as Mark from ERD is sending my stone (FINALLY! It took 2+ months to find one!) on Monday! I honestly can''t wait.
9.gif

Totally missed this one... hopefully soon! A couple of months maybe? My lil diamond is all alone. Aiieeee too exciting. Can''t wait to see yours missy!

Sunny, I can totally relate! The stone in your avatar looks amazing, btw! I was looking for something just like it, actually, but it was impossible to find. Mine ended up being just as rectangular, but not as chunky. Love the look of your stone and looking forward to seeing pics!
9.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 5:52:44 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b

Rose gold is my latest obsession too! Down the line I''d love to find a stack ring with rose gold and diamonds in a vintage style setting. Yummy! Not sure if that would look too busy with a cushion halo, though. If you end up getting that stack ring, you know where to post!
2.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my set...a little embarassed to post because everyone''s rings are so beautiful and blingy!

suliset.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
SuLi, your band of sapphire baguettes alternating with round white diamonds is an elegant compliment to your cushion halo. Both styles are gorgeous on their own, but together they are extraordinary!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2008 7:45:38 AM
Author: SuLi
Here''s my set...a little embarassed to post because everyone''s rings are so beautiful and blingy!
NO Way you should be embarassed- they are both gorgeous!!
30.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:13:04 AM

Date: 7/8/2008 7:45:38 AM
Author: SuLi
NO Way you should be embarassed- they are both gorgeous!!
30.gif
Agreed!! Recently I''ve come to appreciate halos on plain, non-blingy bands. It really makes the setting pop in my opinion! And I just went back in your older threads and read that your stone is a D-VS1 - what on earth is there to be embarrassed about? It''s really beautiful! Love the sapphires, too.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s ginzagirl''s HW!

flower40740.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 5:37:49 AM

No prob glitterbug!!
2.gif

Wait - you do?!
2.gif
Tee hee!

9.gif

Sunny, I can totally relate! The stone in your avatar looks amazing, btw! I was looking for something just like it, actually, but it was impossible to find. Mine ended up being just as rectangular, but not as chunky. Love the look of your stone and looking forward to seeing pics!
9.gif
Hey Glitter! Thanks! She''s blushing, wherever she is. Hehe...I don''t know how I got so lucky as to find an OMC, but we did! Any pics of yours?

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 6:23:36 PM

No prob glitterbug!!
2.gif

Wait - you do?!
2.gif
Tee hee!

9.gif

9.gif
Hey Glitter! Thanks! She''s blushing, wherever she is. Hehe...I don''t know how I got so lucky as to find an OMC, but we did! Any pics of yours?
Oooh, I''ve always loved OMC''s and can''t wait to see yours set! An OMC halo sounds dreamy! Do you know your setting or will it be a surprise?

No pics of our stone... well I have one from Mark but it''s not the best quality so I''d rather not post it. I was actually not convinced it was the stone for me when I saw the pic! But in person it''s amazing and perfect for us. I will of course post the ring when it''s finished - should be in the next couple of months.
36.gif

P.S. Thanks for adding Ginzagirl''s incredible ring... I actually asked her in her own thread to come back here and post it! lol

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 9:04:29 PM

Date: 7/9/2008 6:23:36 PM

No prob glitterbug!!
2.gif

Wait - you do?!
2.gif
Tee hee!

9.gif

9.gif
Oooh, I''ve always loved OMC''s and can''t wait to see yours set! An OMC halo sounds dreamy! Do you know your setting or will it be a surprise?

No pics of our stone... well I have one from Mark but it''s not the best quality so I''d rather not post it. I was actually not convinced it was the stone for me when I saw the pic! But in person it''s amazing and perfect for us. I will of course post the ring when it''s finished - should be in the next couple of months.
36.gif

P.S. Thanks for adding Ginzagirl''s incredible ring... I actually asked her in her own thread to come back here and post it! lol
LOL I''m impatient so I added it myself...

The setting is going to be a WF custom, but the Winnie is my inspiration dream ring.
30.gif
30.gif
Yay for new rings!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
It looks like this lucky lady doesn''t post here anymore, so I''ll take the liberty and post on her behalf!
30.gif

Original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-can-call-me-reeyonce.21349/

ETA: Ack! It looks like I can''t upload the pic! Can someone help?
33.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 7:19:19 PM
It looks like this lucky lady doesn''t post here anymore, so I''ll take the liberty and post on her behalf!
30.gif

Original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-can-call-me-reeyonce.21349/

ETA: Ack! It looks like I can''t upload the pic! Can someone help?
33.gif
Reena''s!
E-ringMania1.JPG

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Sunny, I knew I could count on you! Thanks girl!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results