shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your current favourite settings!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Super exciting Sweet pea. Can''t wait to see how the Julia looks with a cushion.
36.gif

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
SweetPea - I''m super stoked! DBF agreed to it pretty quickly, I thought he might put up a fight since he did like another setting, but as he said "you''re the one who has to wear it, so what you like is most important." I
30.gif
my man!

I asked a million questions to Erica and she answered quickly and promptly each time. Couldn''t ask for anyone better! We''re also considering them for wedding bands as well, so can''t wait to see how yours turn out.

What modifications are you having made?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 3:23:21 AM
Author: heyjudes
SweetPea - I''m super stoked! DBF agreed to it pretty quickly, I thought he might put up a fight since he did like another setting, but as he said ''you''re the one who has to wear it, so what you like is most important.'' I
30.gif
my man!

I asked a million questions to Erica and she answered quickly and promptly each time. Couldn''t ask for anyone better! We''re also considering them for wedding bands as well, so can''t wait to see how yours turn out.

I''m so stoked you are going for the Julia heyjudes!! Knew you would come around eventually, mwa ha ha
11.gif
9.gif

But seriously, your OEC will be smashing in that ring, and it has all the elements you were wishing for - can''t wait!!
36.gif

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AJ! I'm really excited! I did modify it a bit so I don't know if you will approve 100%. We made the basket plain, 6 prongs instead of 8, and reduced the band width to 2mm.

Erica tells me it will be beautiful and I trust her judgement. I love that thr modified setting will be classic but romantic. :)

ETA: we are having the setting made in platinum.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 8:41:05 AM
Thanks AJ! I''m really excited! I did modify it a bit so I don''t know if you will approve 100%. We made the basket plain, 6 prongs instead of 8, and reduced the band width to 2mm.

Erica tells me it will be beautiful and I trust her judgement. I love that thr modified setting will be classic but romantic. :)

ETA: we are having the setting made in platinum.

lol, don''t be silly it doesn''t matter what I think, as long as you love it girl!
So if I understand, do you mean you are removing that "collar" of diamonds, and in essence it will be like a classic 6 prong solitaire with a cathedral shank, is that correct?
Do you mind if I ask what changed your mind from 8 to 6 prong in the end?

Erica has a great eye, I''m positive it will end up just lovely
5.gif

simmplyb

Rough_Rock
Yisse, I love that one ('Julia' by erica grace) too!! Love the 8 prong setting and diamond encrusted basket!!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 3:23:21 AM
SweetPea - I''m super stoked! DBF agreed to it pretty quickly, I thought he might put up a fight since he did like another setting, but as he said ''you''re the one who has to wear it, so what you like is most important.'' I
30.gif
my man!

thanks heyjudes! i just read your mods below on the julia and it sounds like yours will be stunning and elegant! can''t wait to see pictures!

my fiance was the total opposite of your bf! he was hesitant b/c it''ll cost a pretty penny to custom make both the setting and the wedding band, but i told him it would be my forever set, and he loves me, so i got the green light! :D

i''m working with grace, and we''re doing quite a number of modifications, but she agreed that they were a) possible to do (YAY!) and b) were great ideas :)
so, we''re
1) keeping the encrusted basket (i luv my bling :D),
2) connecting the scrolls and bringing them in to allow the wedding band to sit flush
3) putting surprise stones where the scrolls connect. one will be a garnet (my FI''s birthstone) and the other side will be an emerald (my birthstone). i''m contemplating making both garnets though
4) shaving down the band to 1.8mm
and finally (!)
5) using four prongs instead of 8

but yah! JbEG is fantastic to work with! i don''t think i''ve dealt with such friendly, patient people before! it''s too bad i live on the east coast, cuz i would LOVE to meet them in person. maybe some day on a west coast vacation

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
AJ - Yes, the "bling" will be gone. I''m not really a blingy person and I think the elegance of the ring more than speaks for itself.

I decided that 6 would be a happy compromise. I wasn''t thrilled with 4 prongs and 8 seemed a tad excessive since it''s "only" a 1.45 so 6 seemed to be the happy compromise - achieving the same effect with slightly less metal.

SweetPea - Our ring will actually cost less than the other setting my boyfriend really liked. I reduced the size of the band to 2mm too - I can''t wait to see yours! I was told that a wedding band should be able to sit almost flush with the band so I''m going with it.

I live on the East Coast too! My parents live in LA and I have friends in Seattle so you never know! Plus, I''ve never been to Seattle - might be a good excuse to visit.
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 3:29:36 AM
AJ - Yes, the ''bling'' will be gone. I''m not really a blingy person and I think the elegance of the ring more than speaks for itself.

I decided that 6 would be a happy compromise. I wasn''t thrilled with 4 prongs and 8 seemed a tad excessive since it''s ''only'' a 1.45 so 6 seemed to be the happy compromise - achieving the same effect with slightly less metal.

SweetPea - Our ring will actually cost less than the other setting my boyfriend really liked. I reduced the size of the band to 2mm too - I can''t wait to see yours! I was told that a wedding band should be able to sit almost flush with the band so I''m going with it.

I live on the East Coast too! My parents live in LA and I have friends in Seattle so you never know! Plus, I''ve never been to Seattle - might be a good excuse to visit.
2.gif

Judes, I can''t wait to see your e-ring! Is it going to be made with white metal or yg? Cool that you have family in LA, when you are back visiting we should arrange for a PS SouthernCal get together!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
ZhuZhu - it''s going to be platinum! And yes a SoCal get together would be fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results