shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your CADs vs the finished ring!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have the finished ring on my paw yet - it'll come next week. But here's the pictures from Caysie. Super excited!!! The CVB Abby Solitaire (originally she had this in a version for earrings and I asked to adapt to a ring).

CVB CAD Front.jpg CVB CAD Top.jpg CVB CAD Angled Side.jpg CVB Final Abby .jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the CAD I received from David Klass for the raspberry spinel ring he created for me. The CAD does not show the engraving or attention to detail. I love this ring so much.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the CAD I received from David Klass for the raspberry spinel ring he created for me. The CAD does not show the engraving or attention to detail. I love this ring so much.
Oh wow, I would have been nervous as heck if that was the CAD that was sent to me, because it in no way reflects the beauty of the finished product!! Did you have sketches of something else he used as reference for the finishing touches?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I would have been nervous as heck if that was the CAD that was sent to me, because it in no way reflects the beauty of the finished product!! Did you have sketches of something else he used as reference for the finishing touches?

No. I trust David Klass to basically read my mind. :) He has an excellent memory for what his customer's like. One time my daughter emailed him to have him set a Mahenge spinel for me as a gift. He told her exactly what I liked and he was right. :) So when I asked David for engraving- I knew he would create exactly what I wanted.

bleu

Rough_Rock
I don't have the finished ring on my paw yet - it'll come next week. But here's the pictures from Caysie. Super excited!!! The CVB Abby Solitaire (originally she had this in a version for earrings and I asked to adapt to a ring).

CVB CAD Front.jpg CVB CAD Top.jpg CVB CAD Angled Side.jpg CVB Final Abby .jpg

This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing! What an amazing idea you had, and (of course) Caysie executed it to perfection. I know I want a CvB solitaire setting for my engagement ring, but I've had a hard time deciding--now thinking about asking if she could do an Abby ring with a cathedral!

Can't wait to see hand shots, if you decide to post!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OOoh I'll play. My CADs were super plain- all the details were in the engraving!! When she sent this to me, Caysie reassured me that 1. it will look a million times better with the engraving and 2. that coloured stones and rose gold don't render well in general... I just went with it and trusted her.

Look at the difference!!

CVB_Isadora bezel solitaire - Mary Jane_v3 pink_01.jpg CVB_Isadora bezel solitaire - Mary Jane_v3 pink_02.jpg image5.JPG image4.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OOoh I'll play. My CADs were super plain- all the details were in the engraving!! When she sent this to me, Caysie reassured me that 1. it will look a million times better with the engraving and 2. that coloured stones and rose gold don't render well in general... I just went with it and trusted her.

Look at the difference!!

CVB_Isadora bezel solitaire - Mary Jane_v3 pink_01.jpg CVB_Isadora bezel solitaire - Mary Jane_v3 pink_02.jpg image5.JPG image4.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG
Holy smokes, that is a stunner!! :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Look at the difference!!

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

I saw this on IG the other day - it is gorgeous! Glad to see it was a fellow pricescoper!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing! What an amazing idea you had, and (of course) Caysie executed it to perfection. I know I want a CvB solitaire setting for my engagement ring, but I've had a hard time deciding--now thinking about asking if she could do an Abby ring with a cathedral!

Can't wait to see hand shots, if you decide to post!

It came in this morning! Unfortunately, I had stuff all day long, and didn't get home until this evening. But, here are the hand shots!!!! I love it! It's so delicate!

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

bleu

Rough_Rock
It came in this morning! Unfortunately, I had stuff all day long, and didn't get home until this evening. But, here are the hand shots!!!! I love it! It's so delicate!

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

Thank you so much for sharing! It's absolutely stunning and looks perfect on your hand--love the way it pairs with your band, too. Caysie's work leaves me speechless every single time.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really came out so beautifully. What a great idea you had of converting the design to a ring!!

P

PierreBear

Ahhh magnificent! I hope you create your own thread to show off this beauty and take 1,000 more pictures. It looks like pure perfection to me. Enjoy it for years to come!

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie has made a couple of rings for me. I think her CADs are great as far as CADs go. This was the first one...sapphire in platinum. Finished ring has so much more detail.
CVBcamillecads2.jpg CVB.ECsapphire5.JPG CVB.ECsapphire2.JPG

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie has made a couple of rings for me. I think her CADs are great as far as CADs go. This was the first one...sapphire in platinum. Finished ring has so much more detail.
CVBcamillecads2.jpg CVB.ECsapphire5.JPG CVB.ECsapphire2.JPG
I've always loved this ring. Such a great setting for that sapphire!

Then the next ring by Caysie (CVB Inspired Design) was my antique asscher with side french cuts.
I adore this asscher. Its cut is pretty close to perfection in my book. And of course the setting itself is divine. It really lets the center stone be the showstopper.

I find it interesting that you didn't milgrain the tab prongs, given that the other decorative aspects are milgrained. It's just immediately where my mind went; I have a hard time mixing decorative/not decorative! Did you consider it or know from the start that you wanted it simply polished?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you meaning milgrain on the sides of the prongs or on the tabs? The Tiffany inspiration ring didn't have any on the tabs (and I don't recall seeing any that did when I was looking) and we didn't have a profile view of it to know if there was a groove or milgrain on the sides of the prongs. We had originally talked about engraving on the sides, but honestly, when it came to the point of being finished except that, I felt like it had enough going on. You are right that it is hard to know when to stop sometime! You really don't see the sides much on the finger anyway. The carving on the sapphire ring is pretty much only noticed by me!

I am looking forward to seeing YOUR CADs and finished ring! I noticed your CAD avatar pic right away and was hoping to find them posted here! Gorgeous!!! That's actually why I came back to this thread! lol! Thanks for your nice comments about my rings!

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you meaning milgrain on the sides of the prongs or on the tabs? The Tiffany inspiration ring didn't have any on the tabs (and I don't recall seeing any that did when I was looking) and we didn't have a profile view of it to know if there was a groove or milgrain on the sides of the prongs. We had originally talked about engraving on the sides, but honestly, when it came to the point of being finished except that, I felt like it had enough going on. You are right that it is hard to know when to stop sometime! You really don't see the sides much on the finger anyway. The carving on the sapphire ring is pretty much only noticed by me!

I am looking forward to seeing YOUR CADs and finished ring! I noticed your CAD avatar pic right away and was hoping to find them posted here! Gorgeous!!! That's actually why I came back to this thread! lol! Thanks for your nice comments about my rings!

Maybe I'm not using the right terminology. I meant the wide flat prongs that hold the center stone; milgraining the tops of those, like the side stones were milgrained. Make sense?

And thanks for the compliment on the avatar :). I haven't posted in here yet because I don't have a finished ring, but once I do I promise to add it! And I've been waffling on sharing all of the CADs; part of me has been dying to, but the other part wants to keep it a "grand reveal" when it's all done. But I think my desire to share is winning. Patience has never been a strong suit of mine :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand the struggle! I can already tell that I love it because it has elements I love that Caysie does! I am glad you combined the rose gold and platinum. I think that is going to be gorgeous!!!

I think tab prongs normally are not milgrained on antique rings that I have seen. So that was the primary reason I didn't do it. Plus, I wanted the center stone to stand out and the prongs be as unobtrusive as possible.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful thread full of stunning rings! thank you so much.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
spacer.gif
My precious Rendezvous per-owned by Erica.

IMG_2952.JPG

DSC_0848~2.JPG

DSC_0846~2.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results