shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your CADs vs the finished ring!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it would be very helpful for people to see how CADs look in comparison to how the ring actually turned out. You hear things thrown around such as "CADs look clunkier than the design really is" or "These sharp angles will actually taper down", but - as is said - a picture is worth a thousand words :). I think this could really help people as they are faced with the task of tweaking or approving their own designs.

If you have the ability, please share CAD vs your finished creation. Thanks!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD's are hideous. I've said it a thousand times. LOL!!! But here are my cads vs. finished ring. If you are using Caysie, you just need to listen to her. Her work presents in such minute detail as opposed to cads. :love::love::love:

IMG_7312.JPG IMG_7313.JPG IMG_7315.JPG IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1979 2.JPG IMG_1982 3.JPG

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD's are hideous. I've said it a thousand times. LOL!!! But here are my cads vs. finished ring. If you are using Caysie, you just need to listen to her. Her work presents in such minute detail as opposed to cads. :love::love::love:

While I *am* using Caysie, I truly started this thread for everyone, and I'm hoping it can be a helpful resource for years to come :read:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I *am* using Caysie, I truly started this thread for everyone, and I'm hoping it can be a helpful resource for years to come :read:

Oh I am so sorry! I didn't mean to come off as saying you posted it just for her cads. :( I hate cads. Period. NO matter who they are from. They just look so clunky and are hard to imagine how they will look for a finished ring. Great thread. I haven't seen another one like this! I can't wait to see the responses:)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so sorry! I didn't mean to come off as saying you posted it just for her cads. :( I hate cads. Period. NO matter who they are from. They just look so clunky and are hard to imagine how they will look for a finished ring. Great thread. I haven't seen another one like this! I can't wait to see the responses:)

Exactly this. That's why I thought examples might be helpful; maybe it can help us to wrap our minds round the differences in the CADs vs real product. Thanks for your contribution (and I'm still drooling over your ring!!!)

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, I'll be participating next week! I only have the CAD and wax pics now, finished product will be ready soon :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, indigoblue, your ring is gorgeous! Soxfan, I think you already know how I feel about yours!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I'll be participating next week! I only have the CAD and wax pics now, finished product will be ready soon :)

Yes, I'm in the same boat as well! Just CADs, but hopefully a finished product at the end of this week! It's going to be a CVB as well! Nothing as fancy as the Casablanca, but glad to be getting the stone into a much more eye pleasing setting!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The sapphire is gorgeous, indigoblue!
Soxfan, your ring is on IG! Love it!

P

PierreBear

Just wanted to say that this is a wonderful thread! CADs are so hard to understand (at least for me) on how it translate visually with the end product. Hopefully this will provide comfort on the custom process for those who read this. Love all the rings so far!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my cushion shaped bezel from DK. He did change the back though and attached a permanent chain so it wouldn't flip.

IMG_5006.PNG

IMG_5060.JPG

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are all so gorgeous!!! Very helpful to see the CADs too. As advanced as they have become, CADs still don't hold a candle to the finished product that's for sure.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD and finshed ring by Brilliantly Engaged. Spess by Jim McCormick. In the final CAD the stone and gallery were lowered, but I cannot find the latest CAD anymore. I like BE's CAD's as they are quite accurate.

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD and fiished ring by David Klass. Paraiba tourmaline by Paraiba International. David's CAD's are a bit 'technical'. The beauty of his work is not shown in the CAD's.

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2652.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD and finished ring by David Klass. Stones by The Gemtrader. The ready pics showed a really weird angle. David was kind enough to remake this ring.

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2638.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD, wax and finished ring by David Klass. Natural blue topaz by Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems. This ring was exactly as I expected it to be, but better.

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_2662.JPG

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Acinom - Your collection is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your rings, as well as your insight on what happened with the transition from your CADs to the finished rings.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
CAD and ring by Caysie. The CAD showed much bulkier rings and I was actually hoping for a more substantial look: the outcome is quite dainty.
Me too. I thought my ring would be heavier looking. The diamonds are tinier than I expected, but the whole result is quite pretty and dainty. I'm still glad I nixed all of the milgrain. I'm not a fan.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2630.JPG
CAD and finshed ring by Brilliantly Engaged. Spess by Jim McCormick. In the final CAD the stone and gallery were lowered, but I cannot find the latest CAD anymore. I like BE's CAD's as they are quite accurate.

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG
This is AMAZING !!! It looks like something from another world...like a ring that a female super hero or queen from another world would wear...I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results