shape
carat
color
clarity

Post-wedding weight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 1:06:53 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Go Lauren, those are awesome goals (and can''t wait for you to join the pricescope TTC club:)
Thanks, Bella! I think having goals has helped eliminate stops and starts, you know?

I started coming by the TTC thread in October, but W and I decided to go off of BC right before our trip to France the last week of April/first part of May. I''ll be back by soon!
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
It's funny in that the only time I felt overweight (by my standards) is when I was dieting...an unhealthy habit I picked up in college. Since I stopped dieting several years ago, I have never had a problem maintaining my weight while eating quite a lot! I just don't eat a lot of junk, though I make a point to indulge when I really want to. Basically, I listen to my body a lot more.

I think dieting does a lot of harm to one's metabolism, mind and body. It took about a year for my body to regulate and now I find it doesn't seem to like to carry any extra weight. I feel better when I am fit and I stay that way by not dieting and being active. I'm sure if I started to diet again, my body would think it was starving and start packing it on again!
6.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 12:43:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''ve been married for almost four years now, so not really a newlywed, but definitely not in the other stages yet.
2.gif

I''ve been gradually altering my eating habits by portion control and making wise choices during lunch at the office. I admit, that should have probably happened first, but I love my food, and I have so much trouble with this aspect as my parents were always proponents of the clean plate club when I was growing up.

THIS! I''m not placing all of the blame on my parents since I am an adult and capable of controlling myself... BUT... I have a love-love relationship with food and absolutely hate leaving a speck of food on my plate. Even if I''m full. This def. stems from my childhood.

Their motto was, "You can''t dislike it until you''ve tried it," with the occasional, "Do you realize how many kids would be thankful for this meal?! EAT!" thrown in
2.gif

I don''t want picky kids, but I also don''t want to encourage eating until one reaches max capacity!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 7:25:19 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Date: 1/21/2010 12:43:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''ve been married for almost four years now, so not really a newlywed, but definitely not in the other stages yet.
2.gif

I''ve been gradually altering my eating habits by portion control and making wise choices during lunch at the office. I admit, that should have probably happened first, but I love my food, and I have so much trouble with this aspect as my parents were always proponents of the clean plate club when I was growing up.

THIS! I''m not placing all of the blame on my parents since I am an adult and capable of controlling myself... BUT... I have a love-love relationship with food and absolutely hate leaving a speck of food on my plate. Even if I''m full. This def. stems from my childhood.

Their motto was, ''You can''t dislike it until you''ve tried it,'' with the occasional, ''Do you realize how many kids would be thankful for this meal?! EAT!'' thrown in
2.gif

I don''t want picky kids, but I also don''t want to encourage eating until one reaches max capacity!
I completely agree with you! I struggle with the method to raise children to be broad eaters, to eat all of their vegetables, but also to enjoy what they eat.

I''ve switched to smaller plates, and make an effort to always leave something to scrape into the trash. Helps my brain cope with the fact that I''m not leaving very much food on the plate.

This never works if dinner was really, really good. LOL

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I gained about 10 pounds a few months after I met my husband, but before we got married. This is because I was a smoker, and he was not, so I decided to quit after we started dating exclusively. I put 10 pounds on that I couldn''t take off, despite running 20 miles a week and eating healthy food. Your metabolism slows down A LOT when you quit smoking.

I was able to maintain my weight after the wedding and even after the first baby, though. Now I am pregnant with my second, so we''ll see how it goes after I get this baby out
emsad.gif

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
Ack! I went for my physical right before my wedding and my doctor said "this is the lightest weight you will ever be" It made me
29.gif
but she was right!!

Lost 10 pounds for my wedding & 1 1/2 years later gained it back
15.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 2:55:55 PM
Author: vespergirl
I gained about 10 pounds a few months after I met my husband, but before we got married. This is because I was a smoker, and he was not, so I decided to quit after we started dating exclusively. I put 10 pounds on that I couldn''t take off, despite running 20 miles a week and eating healthy food. Your metabolism slows down A LOT when you quit smoking.

I was able to maintain my weight after the wedding and even after the first baby, though. Now I am pregnant with my second, so we''ll see how it goes after I get this baby out
emsad.gif

I quit smoking when I started dating dh as well but in turn, I also quit going out on the weekends for beers so I ended up eating junk food but not taking in calories from beer so that made me lose weight....now I''ve plateaued, it totally sucks lol

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
We got married in Oct, then moved, so the move and trying to find a job was pretty stressful and just didn''t have my normal work out routine set in place. Plus, we had Thanksgiving and Christmas, I put on a pound or two, I''m sure (I don''t use scales, ooof)

Now, we''re getting settled, and I''ve developed a routine and healthy eating habits that works so, I''m back to normal
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results