shape
carat
color
clarity

Post wedding cakes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this cake on someone''s bio from The Knot. I love it!

lovethiscake.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 12:04:44 PM
Author: Morticia
I saw this cake on someone''s bio from The Knot. I love it!

That cake is so fun! I love the colors.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I heard fondant has gelatin in it and I''m a vegetarian, so I''m trying to come up with some good non-fondant cake ideas....we might go with a fun cupcake cake, but I really want to do something like this. So pretty!
9.gif

cherryblossomchocolatecake_whiteaisle.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m not too into cakes. oddly, i''m not a huge fan of bakery goods. not at all. i''ll post something like i think i''ll probably have -- but i mostly just want tons of fresh strawberries and whipped cream because that is what i love most in the world. maybe with some angelfood or shortcake. now i''m hungry
3.gif

prettycake.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 12:57:06 PM
Author: lovelylulu
I''m not too into cakes. oddly, i''m not a huge fan of bakery goods. not at all. i''ll post something like i think i''ll probably have -- but i mostly just want tons of fresh strawberries and whipped cream because that is what i love most in the world. maybe with some angelfood or shortcake. now i''m hungry
3.gif

You may not be too into cakes but you sure have good taste when it comes to picking a pretty one!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
researcher: thanks! i think that yours was gorgeous -- it''s really like edible art

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 12:57:06 PM
3.gif
Lulu, that''s one of my cakes! I''m trying to decide between two. I love the hydrangea detail and the clean lines. It looks to be fondant but mine (whichever I choose) will be buttercream.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ebree: good choice
2.gif

do you have a picture of the other cake?

here is another hydrangea cake that i like a little bit less

cakedetail.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
This was the inspiration for my cake. I still think this one is fabulous!

w_11_lg.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 1:13:39 PM
2.gif

This is the other one I'm considering:

wedding_cakesapp329.jpg

Though I might do it in an "ivory" color to match my dress (that I don't even have yet!
9.gif
)

ETA: If the two cakes are the same price, I'll probably go with the hydrangea cake. It's so gorgeous and simple (with a little fun added). I'm pretty picky about wedding cakes...I think most of them look so tacky!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lulu.........

25straw.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ebree that looks so good!!!! i''m so distracted by thoughts of whipped cream and berries
3.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 1:57:28 PM
Author: EBree

2.gif

This is the other one I''m considering:

wedding_cakesapp329.jpg

Though I might do it in an ''ivory'' color to match my dress (that I don''t even have yet!
9.gif
)

ETA: If the two cakes are the same price, I''ll probably go with the hydrangea cake. It''s so gorgeous and simple (with a little fun added). I''m pretty picky about wedding cakes...I think most of them look so tacky!

I love how simple and elegant this cake is! It really makes a statement.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 3:17:47 PM
Author: researcher

Date: 2/23/2006 1:57:28 PM
Author: EBree

2.gif

This is the other one I''m considering:

wedding_cakesapp329.jpg

Though I might do it in an ''ivory'' color to match my dress (that I don''t even have yet!
9.gif
)

ETA: If the two cakes are the same price, I''ll probably go with the hydrangea cake. It''s so gorgeous and simple (with a little fun added). I''m pretty picky about wedding cakes...I think most of them look so tacky!

I love how simple and elegant this cake is! It really makes a statement.
I really do love that cake as well. It''s going to be a tough decision, that''s for sure!
1.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I am STARVING now, thanks everyone! Anyone ever try the "cakes" that are just like filled pastry puffs arranged in a tower and with spun sugar or honey drizzled over it?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 4:35:35 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I am STARVING now, thanks everyone! Anyone ever try the ''cakes'' that are just like filled pastry puffs arranged in a tower and with spun sugar or honey drizzled over it?
No, but it sounds delicious! That''d be a great idea for your cake since you''re having a brunch reception. Or perhaps...a krispy creme cake?
18.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Emily, that''s so funny you''d say that.. I wanted to do the Krispy Kreme handout favors, right? I think like, everyone gets two? I LOVE the ones with the sprinkles, because it''s so hard to find a raised donut with sprinkles! Anyway, I ramble. So I was telling my aunt that I was thinking about that as a favor, and she (being a bossy britches) said I have to give out things that other people would like, not just me!!
29.gif
I was like, well, other people like donuts.. Bossy.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my actual wedding cakes from the two receptions. They are kind of similar.

kiki_wedding_cakes.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Laney''s "mad hatter" cake

251x375.aspx

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i found this cake somewhere and i love it!

I''m having a gardeny theme wedding:

garden cake.jpg

honeybee

Rough_Rock
qtiekiki, I love your cake topper!! It is too cute. May I ask where you purchased it from?

P.S. your cakes are beautiful!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
All of these cakes are stunning!! Nice choices!
I don''t know if any of you have experienced this, but when my hubby and I were looking at cakes and having tastings (best part imo!), we found we loved the look of fondant icing but HATED the way it tasted - like sweet play dough!!! Maybe the hotel''s bakery wasn''t making it right but we disliked it so much that we bagged the cakes all together and went with key lime pie instead!! We WERE in Key West afterall!! I was a little sad because we didn''t have a gorgeous cake to cut, but any alternative icings would have probably melted in the heat. Ah well... the pie was delicious and people are still talking about it 2 years later so I guess it worked out! :)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 2:35:14 PM
Author: PaulaW
All of these cakes are stunning!! Nice choices!
I don''t know if any of you have experienced this, but when my hubby and I were looking at cakes and having tastings (best part imo!), we found we loved the look of fondant icing but HATED the way it tasted - like sweet play dough!!! Maybe the hotel''s bakery wasn''t making it right but we disliked it so much that we bagged the cakes all together and went with key lime pie instead!! We WERE in Key West afterall!! I was a little sad because we didn''t have a gorgeous cake to cut, but any alternative icings would have probably melted in the heat. Ah well... the pie was delicious and people are still talking about it 2 years later so I guess it worked out! :)
I have yet to eat a cake with fondant that didn''t taste like that. Even all the bakery shops in my area admit it tastes like poop, but looks pretty on a cake.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have my cake decided on yet, but thanks for some ideas ladies.

I did however order my cake topper, I love it..it''s very cute.

cake topper.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 3:10:41 PM
Author: Caribou
I don''t have my cake decided on yet, but thanks for some ideas ladies.

I did however order my cake topper, I love it..it''s very cute.

That is very cute Caribou!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Caribou, your topper is sooo cute. If you don''t mind me asking...... where did you find it? It seems like all the wedding stuff websites i''ve seen only seem to have the usual generic cheesy toppers, I don''t know how you PSers find these things, but I love it! I always get the greatest ideas here.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
This is my dream cake here...simple and with a blingy Swarovski cake topper....
12.gif

advantagebridal_1891_77032267.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 5:52:45 PM
Author: honeybee
Caribou, your topper is sooo cute. If you don''t mind me asking...... where did you find it? It seems like all the wedding stuff websites i''ve seen only seem to have the usual generic cheesy toppers, I don''t know how you PSers find these things, but I love it! I always get the greatest ideas here.
Honeybee, I ordered it from www.bridalpeople.com I found looking for flipflops to wear on my wedding day (I acutally searched on google ''wedding flip flops''). They have a lot of caketoppers to choose from as well as other things you can pick.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Reading all these, I had a brainstorm about our wedding cake. I''m not sure what style of cake it will be, either a one or two layer cake, or individual cupcakes. However, I was trying to think of ways to fit it in with our ocean/sailing theme without using seashells. I like seashells and all, and have seen some amazing cakes with them, but I was trying for something different. Anyway, my fiance is really into tying knots (not as kinky as it sounds!) and belongs to the International Knot-tyer''s Guild, if you can believe it. Anyway, he ties some amazing decorative knots, including round flat ones and long braided ones. I want to try and incorporate some of those designs into the cake. I bet they could be made of fondant pretty easily. Here are some examples:

Attachments

• knots.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 283

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Not sure why that didn''t work. Trying again.

knots1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results