shape
carat
color
clarity

Post some of your favorite shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:00:01 PM
Author: musey
Rainbow near Milford Sound
Ahhhh...this one gave me the travelbug big time! It absolutely sh*ts me that I have been to Oz 6 times and have never been able to make it to NZ. Definitely in the next 5 years though as TGuy''s parents said when Amelia is big enough, they will watch her for a week or so and TGuy and I will hop over there for a look-see.

Great photos!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picton Harbor

museynz19.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our traveling gnomie!

museynz21.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milford Sound

museynz12.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moeraki Boulders

museynz05.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Cheetah
30.gif

museynz22.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Auckland from the SkyTower

museynz23.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wellington Civic Square

museynz20.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one, overlook somewhere in the middle of the south island... Hope I didn''t post too many!!
12.gif

museynz10.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:09:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 2/3/2009 1:00:01 PM
Rainbow near Milford Sound
Ahhhh...this one gave me the travelbug big time! It absolutely sh*ts me that I have been to Oz 6 times and have never been able to make it to NZ. Definitely in the next 5 years though as TGuy''s parents said when Amelia is big enough, they will watch her for a week or so and TGuy and I will hop over there for a look-see.

Great photos!!
Ohhh Tgal, you are gonna love it! I haven''t been many places in this world, in fact, NZ/Fiji was only my second trip outside of the continent... but I''m so glad to have seen it. It really is packed full of beautiful sights
30.gif

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
oh musey! gorgeous shots. so jealous, i''ve always wanted to go to NZ. would you mind telling me what camera you used for these photos?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:44:21 PM
Author: v!v!
oh musey! gorgeous shots. so jealous, i''ve always wanted to go to NZ. would you mind telling me what camera you used for these photos?
It''s a pretty standard point-and-shoot... Canon Powershot SD800 IS
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Musey, gorgeous photos. I want to visit there now.
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 11:38:10 PM
Author: omieluv
OOOHHHH, I love that macro shot!

Wow, a D300, that is a pretty awesome camera & the lens is not to shabby either
30.gif
! Sounds like you are building quite a system for yourself MonkePie (and reputation too). So cool that you will be able to sell your D60 for what you paid for the D200...did you throw in the kit lens with that?

The G9/10 is very good and I considered that as well before making my decision. At one point, I even considered the D90, but it was a touch large for my hands. Truth be told, I probably talked myself out of a DSLR because I am a bit of a chicken, but I do not think I made a terrible decision, as the Panasonic will be a fun camera to learn on.

Any suggestions for websites that have online lessons? I am a newbie....

I absolutely recommend the digital photography forum (just type that into google and you''ll find it). LOTS of nice people, and they taught me a lot when I was first starting out. And it isn''t just amateur stuff either - you can find stuff to learn no matter what level you''re at. I chat with some of those people on a regular basis even after a year''s time.

Oh, and the D60 sale was without the kit lens, since I wanted to keep that one for the D200 when my husband is using it. :)

Musey, I LOVE that shot of Fox Glacier, sooooo green!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:01:01 PM
My husband on a bridge in the south island of NZ... I love the sun streaks.
Cool picture! Looks like that was a beautiful spot.

I love your traveling gnomie, did you name him..tee-hee..

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:37:32 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

I absolutely recommend the digital photography forum (just type that into google and you'll find it). LOTS of nice people, and they taught me a lot when I was first starting out. And it isn't just amateur stuff either - you can find stuff to learn no matter what level you're at. I chat with some of those people on a regular basis even after a year's time.

Oh, and the D60 sale was without the kit lens, since I wanted to keep that one for the D200 when my husband is using it. :)
Hmmm...I googled and found a few sites that might be what you are speaking of. Is it Photoz or dphoto? I am sure I will love it, once I find it :)

Figured you would have kept the lens kit for the D60, since it is a great kit lens. Besides, your hubby cannot get into too much trouble with that lens (18-55VR right?). I had an adventure this evening. Aparently, my laptop was not recognizing the USB connection with my camera. Did some research and people with similar problems bought a converter drive when it happened to them, which did the trick for me as well. I love this thing, as it was not very expensive, and it has great functionality aside from being able to interface better with my laptop. I feel like I just stepped out of the Dark Ages...heh.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:26:31 AM
Date: 2/3/2009 1:01:01 PM
My husband on a bridge in the south island of NZ... I love the sun streaks.
Cool picture! Looks like that was a beautiful spot.

I love your traveling gnomie, did you name him..tee-hee..
His name is Tomkins.
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:32:01 AM

Hmmm...I googled and found a few sites that might be what you are speaking of. Is it Photoz or dphoto? I am sure I will love it, once I find it :)

Figured you would have kept the lens kit for the D60, since it is a great kit lens. Besides, your hubby cannot get into too much trouble with that lens (18-55VR right?). I had an adventure this evening. Aparently, my laptop was not recognizing the USB connection with my camera. Did some research and people with similar problems bought a converter drive when it happened to them, which did the trick for me as well. I love this thing, as it was not very expensive, and it has great functionality aside from being able to interface better with my laptop. I feel like I just stepped out of the Dark Ages...heh.

Oops, I meant digital photography SCHOOL. Lol I said forum the first time, and it is a forum, but it''s called school. (I''d link it, but I don''t link anything anymore in case it breaks a rule.)

You know, I have had that issue with some stuff using the USB. I finally got a reader I can plug a bunch of USB cables into, and it ended the problem. I wonder why that happens so much? And LOL @ the Dark Ages!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pictures are gorgeous Musey! I am dying to go to NZ, hopefully next year for our 10 yr anni!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My turn! We went to Maui for our honeymoon back in Sept, and I''m only just now going through the thousands of photos we took. All were done with our Canon Powershot SD1000, sometimes with the waterproof case we got for it (which is definitely worth getting!). These are some of my favs:

Sunrise over the crater of Haleakala.

bwsunrisesmall.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Taken while swimming in a freshwater pool at the top of a 300ft waterfall (which was currently just a trickle after a few days of little rain). That group of kids showed up and sat on the rocks right at the edge....too scary for me! You can see the ocean in the distance if you look carefully.

waterfallpoolsmall.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one I managed to get of a sea turtle while snorkeling. They seem to have little to no fear of people in the water. I almost ran into one when he/she decided to change direction just as the current pushed me towards it.

seaturtle.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for right now, because I have to go eat dinner.

mauisunset.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel, gorgeous pictures! I especially love the turtle, I would have been chasing them down just to touch them lol.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
NS Canada
pic by wifey2b

rocksandlighthouse.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:21:12 AM
Author: strmrdr
NS Canada

pic by wifey2b

LOVE the red tones in the rocks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:57:19 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 2/8/2009 1:21:12 AM

NS Canada

pic by wifey2b

LOVE the red tones in the rocks.

They are close to that color in person, well at least on my monitor.
Sort of an orangish brown.
I am kinda curious where they got them from because NS is almost all granite.
They were brought in to reinforce the shore after a storm totally destroyed the shoreline and came close to washing the lighthouse away.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a close up of the rock that most of NS is made up of.
White granite.

nsrock.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peggy''s cove and the rock it rests on.
The rocks in the background are the same material.
Some have a moss growing on them and others it is the angle they are viewed at but up close they look like the one in the front.

pcrock.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:03:49 AM
Peggy''s cove and the rock it rests on.
The rocks in the background are the same material.
Some have a moss growing on them and others it is the angle they are viewed at but up close they look like the one in the front.
Great shot! I didn''t know Nova Scotia had some much granite; that is cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results