shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Pregnancy Workout Lifestyle Thread

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk and Steph here's our thread...!! And anyone else who is post-preggo (no limit on what POST means!) and wants to join!

I'll start...I had our baby boy 9 weeks ago and I still have 15 lbs to lose. I gained a total of 36, have lost 21 which basically happened in the first 2 weeks post-pregnancy without any help from me. Since week 3, I have not lost one lb on the scale...BUT my body is changing as since then my belly has gone from looking like 4-5 months preggo to being 'almost' flat again (though softer). I am BF'ing and since I feel like I am prob not eating enough I almost wonder if my body is hanging onto the extra lbs to make sure I can feed the kid.

Anyway I started working out at week 4, just non-impact stuff til about week 5.5. Now I do cardio 2-3x a week but wish I could go more...it's hard to find the time with schedules since I can't just jet off to a class now that we have the baby!

Let's talk hips...mine totally spread. I think it was either the last days of pregnancy or during birth or both but they are def significantly wider than before. NONE of my old pants fit me, not even larger ones that I wore when I had 10 lbs extra on me. I purchased a pair of cheapo AE jeans a week ago. When I had them on in the store I could barely get them on and today they went on pretty easily, sooo I think the hips are starting to retract. Yay for small victories.

For me, I am working on hips and butt and belly. We're going to Hawaii in 3.5 weeks soooo I've gotta wear a bathing suit. I'm thinking ONE PIECE!!

I just went to a UJam class tonite, which is the new thing here...one of our fave instructors who did Zumba choreography branched off and started her own thing. It's like a combo of latin and hip hop but more hip hop. Like Zumba it burns a ton of calories...! So I am hoping it's working it's magic.

Hope to see other post preggos wanting to reclaim their body or make it even better than before chime in!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea Mara, thanks for starting this thread...I sure need it. So this is where I currently am: I gained exactly 30 lbs with this pregnancy and lost 25 in the first week or two and the scale hasn''t budged since. So I''ve got that five to lose plus 25 more from a combo of steroids I was put on as well as 10 I had gained from my miscarriage I had a few months before getting pregnant with E. So, I''ve still got about 30 to go.

I''m currently in a tight size 10 jeans, but would like to get back down to size 6 jeans/ size 4 dresses. My weight is not so much in my hips, but just spread pretty evenly throughout. For me, I think 80% of how I lose weight is what I eat. I eat pretty healthy most of the time...lots of egg whites, fish, chicken, salad, veggies but I snack too much. Even though I''m eating healthy snacks (string cheese, nuts, yogurt, fruit) I still know my calories can get up there without me realizing it a lot of the time. So I am aiming at cutting back on the snacks as well as cutting down portions of meals, especially dinners. Also, if I start eating sweets, my sugar cravings go through the roof. Thankfully, I haven''t been eating a lot, so I''m not really craving sweets that much.

As far as working out goes, I belong to a smaller gym that doesn''t offer childcare. So I have only been going about 1-2 times per week when Adam can watch the boys. I have been walking with them a few days per week and have been running in the neighborhood a few nights per week and on the weekends. I think running is what really burns off the weight for me and I need to start increasing that. I plan to switch to a larger gym that offers childcare by the time Andrew starts school in Aug. so I can go after I drop him off at school. I have just been too nervous to take E to a nursery situation yet, but will feel more comfortable when he''s a few months older I think. I am also thinking of asking Adam for some personal training sessions for Mother''s day to try to get me on the right track.

That''s all I can think of for now, hope to see some more mama''s check in to give and get motivation!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!

First off, Mara and Steph congrats on the baby! Mara, thanks for starting this thread!!

I am 11 months post pregnancy. I gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy. When I stopped BF''ing my son at 8 months, I had lost those 40 lbs plus another 10 lbs. I was feeling great! I even had to go and buy some smaller sized clothes to accommodate. However, as it stands today, I have gained those add''l 10 lbs back. Technically, I am at the same weight I was before i got pregnant but my body weight is completely redistributed which is why i need to take those 10 lbs off again. My joke is that "I lost my butt and gained a gut". And that is the truth. I ended up with that dreaded muffin top when I wear jeans which I hate! I went and bought some new pants to accommodate but I am working on losing those 10 lbs as I am in a wedding this Labor Day weekend and I want to feel good about myself again. My problem areas that I see the weight are in my face and belly. Good news is that here in Massachusetts the spring weather has finally arrived so my son and I have been going out for walks everyday. We also take a mommy and me swim class at my local gym a couple of times a week. Like Steph, I have always found that the best way for me to lose weight is by eating better. I also drank A TON of water while I was BF''ing and now that my son is mobile I spend so much time chasing after him that I sometimes forget to drink so I am making a conscious effort to drink more water again. Yesterday was the first day that I decided "enough is enough" and that I am going to get very serious about losing this weight.

Thanks for the motivation ladies! Keep us all posted on your progress!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPEE, i''m going to join too!!

stats: (gah, is it therapeutic to see it in black and white?) i gained (gasp) 48lbs while pg. my darling son is 23 weeks old and i have aaaaabout 12 more to lose. i really didn''t do anything other than BF to lose the initial weight - now it''s time for some serious effort on my part.

i loved my body before getting PG. about 3 years ago i lost and kept off 26lbs thru working out and eating better (but mostly working out as i don''t ever really eat ''bad''). i was a size 2/4 and now am about a 4/6 depending. the thing that kills me is that i know i have to lose MORE than what i gained to get back into my pre preggo clothes
39.gif
. the added caveat is that i work in the fashion industry and have a large collection of clothes that i am NOT willing to give up - oh, and the pressure to look cute everyday - wonderful for post-preggo women
3.gif

i feel like i have zero time to do anything, so i am forced to workout at work during lunch. which is actually nice as we have a great gym and i have a PT that i lift with on tuesdays and thursdays. i just need to get back into the running and cardio. this has been the hardest. now that it''s nice outside i take my DS on a nightly walk, but i really need to be more diligent about getting in quality cardio. i would also LOVE to take a weekly yoga class again, but don''t really have the time. any tips for a good yoga video i could do at home after DS goes to sleep?? i have jillian michaels 30 day shred video that i haven''t tried yet, anyone have experience with this? worth it?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara for starting this! I sooo need this thread!! I had great intentions to start one like a week ago...and my life got in the way.
3.gif
That probably explains why I''m still holding on to quite a bit of my preggo weight. Not much time to work out. Oh, and I eat whatever I want. Not terrible, but if I want a cupcake I eat one (or two).

So, my info: Baby will be 8 weeks Friday. I gained around 45-50lbs. Lost 25ish within the first 4 weeks and now I''m stuck around 20lbs over pre-preggo. I was pretty thin when I got preggo so I would actually be happy to lose 15 as long as I am back in shape and not flabby. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred 2-3 days a week (Viz-good, quick workout and def. worth a try!) and walking every other day or so. The walking is not really enough cardio (although pushing two kids does help) but I really don''t love running (that and it hurts my HUGE boobs) and I quit my gym because they canceled my favorite class. I am looking for a new gym that has step class so I can add that in the mix.

Hi Steph, Viz and Lizzy!! Both kids are napping so I should do the 30 Day Shred but I think I''m going to nap instead. Hence why I need this thread!
40.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 11:05:16 AM
Author: lizzyann01
Hi there!

First off, Mara and Steph congrats on the baby! Mara, thanks for starting this thread!!

I am 11 months post pregnancy. I gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy. When I stopped BF''ing my son at 8 months, I had lost those 40 lbs plus another 10 lbs. I was feeling great! I even had to go and buy some smaller sized clothes to accommodate. However, as it stands today, I have gained those add''l 10 lbs back. Technically, I am at the same weight I was before i got pregnant but my body weight is completely redistributed which is why i need to take those 10 lbs off again. My joke is that ''I lost my butt and gained a gut''. And that is the truth. I ended up with that dreaded muffin top when I wear jeans which I hate! I went and bought some new pants to accommodate but I am working on losing those 10 lbs as I am in a wedding this Labor Day weekend and I want to feel good about myself again. My problem areas that I see the weight are in my face and belly. Good news is that here in Massachusetts the spring weather has finally arrived so my son and I have been going out for walks everyday. We also take a mommy and me swim class at my local gym a couple of times a week. Like Steph, I have always found that the best way for me to lose weight is by eating better. I also drank A TON of water while I was BF''ing and now that my son is mobile I spend so much time chasing after him that I sometimes forget to drink so I am making a conscious effort to drink more water again. Yesterday was the first day that I decided ''enough is enough'' and that I am going to get very serious about losing this weight.

Thanks for the motivation ladies! Keep us all posted on your progress!

Sorry to threadjack ladies, I know I''ll be here soon enough! Lizzy, where in MA are you? Swimmer and I are in the Boston area. We might have to have some PS GTG/Playdates after Swimmer and I have our little ones!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Hudson! I am in the Springfield area. I didn''t realize you were a fellow Massachusetts person. I''d definitely be up for a PS GTG/Playdate! Keep me in mind!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I so need this thread. DD is almost 5 months old. I gained 40 lbs while pregnant and have lost 30. But I haven''t lost a single lb. in over a month. I am BF''ing, so while I am trying to eat healthy (so hard to break the habits I developed while preggo), dieting isn''t an option. I have heard that some people hang on to the last 5-10 while BF''ing, but since I plan to BF for a year, I am hoping that''s not true. I am back to work full-time, so finding it very hard to work out since I want to spend every moment at home with DD. I work out with a trainer 1x a week and she kicks my butt, but a lot of weeks that''s the only time I make it to the gym. Now that it''s nicer I''ve started taking her for walks, but unfortunately she''s still too little for a jogging stroller. My 31st b-day is this weekend and my goal was to be back to pre-preggo weight and I''m a little depressed about the fact that I am not. I''m only 5''2", so that extra 10 lbs is a lot on my frame. Both my brother and DH''s brother are getting married in the next year, and I really want to be back in shape by then so I don''t have to be the fat SIL in all the pics.

Viz - I have done the 30-day shred before and loved it. I started doing it again before I went back to work but that fell by the wayside. I keep saying I am going to do it at night after the baby goes down, but I am just too exhausted, plus that''s the only time I talk to DH anymore.

Mara - We are going to FL in April and I am definitely getting a tankini, if not a one piece before we go. So far I''ve gotten the baby 3 swimsuits and myself none - the thought of swimsuit shopping is depressing me. I finally broke down and bought some larger jeans, I can only handle one thing at a time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh i'm glad to see so many ladies here. well not GLAD that we all have to lose weight, but well yanno! at least we are all together.

re: clothes shopping... forget bathing suit!! i am in denial i have to get a one piece for end of april, going shopping for regular clothes is depressing enough. i know that i AM lucky enough to have dropped a lot of the weight already and i don't look horrible by any means. BUTTTT as any of us know, especially those who already have dropped weight previously and had a healthier lifestyle plan going... it's extra frustrating to work hard for your body and have to do it again even if it is for a 'good reason'.

viz i feel for you having a great pre-wardrobe. i have a fair amt of expensive jeans i just HAVE to fit back into or else i will be bummed to give them away.

NB lol i bought J swim trunks. i have just been buying HIM clothes. much easier! and i did get some cheapo AE jeans in a larger size because hopefully i won't be in them too long. but we'll see.

while preggo i worked out til about 15 weeks and after that things just felt SO weird i didn't feel good working out. i totally admire people who can go til like week 30 or 35 or whatever, wow!!

i sure hope the weight doesnt hang on til i stop BF'ing but it would be interesting if after i stopped it dropped off!

i admit that my eating habits are not the best--i regularly stop at taco bell and mcdonalds like i did when pregnant hehee. whereas before getting preggo i'd maybe have something like that once a month. the funny thing is that the scale doesnt move ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... no matter what i eat! so crazy. i know once i stop BF'ing i will have to go back to being a lot better about my choices and quite frankly i am freaked out. i have been eating what i want for over a year now since getting pregnant and it will be really hard to go back to all fiber and healthy grains and all that. what about my twinkie and pepsi stash???
3.gif

though all that said... when i get upset about the weight, my mom says..HELLO you had a baby 9 weeks ago! give yourself some room and cut yourself some slack. and i know she is right BUT how long do i have that excuse?

re: workout videos at home, i have nothing to add but viz have you tried power flow yoga classes? they are amazingly intense and such a good workout. if you have one near you, even doing it once a week is enough. it's typically in a warm room, not too hot like bikram but warm for muscles and it is just crazy strenuous, you basically flow from one pose to the other and don't hold it too long and because of that it is way more of a cardio workout.

on other random note...for you gals who can't really get out of the house to workout a whole lot..don't laugh but i do 'cardio' at home. something as simple as jumping rope for 5-10 min is actually quite strenuous and will burn a lot of calories. or running in place, or knees up running in place, i also do things like lay on my side and leg lifts, kick backs. i do jumping jacks (hurts the boobs though). i actually do my favorite Zumba routines at home with my iPod (months of doing them in class--I've memorized the routines and just buy the song on iTunes)... so even if i can do 10 min here or there while the baby is napping, i feel like it IS making a diff.

and i have been trying to wear the kid in the Bjorn more and go out and walk to stores etc --figure the extra 11lbs is burning something extra right??

oh and viz the one thing i am looking fwd to going back to work for (well besides the salary) is that we have a gym downstairs so i will have uninterrupted lunch times where i can go down there...this is assuming i am not driving to visit him because i'm having withdrawals. well even if i can go to the gym downstairs 2x a week and then do my cardio classes 2x a week that will be great.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, so glad to see this thread taking off! So I was thinking about Mara''s quote about doing the same things over again expecting a different result and realized that can be related to weight loss too. I get stuck in a rut so to speak and eat the same things for months for breakfast and lunch. And although breakfast food is probably my favorite type of food, the morning is my least hungry time and I actually have to make myself eat in the morning these days. But the afternoon is my snacky time, especially from around 3-5 or so before dinner. So I have decided to change things up a bit and instead of eating a big breakfast when I''m not really hungry, I''m going to try a small breakfast and save the calories for when I''m actually hungry. Yesterday, I tried this and ate a Fiber 1 granola bar and a cup of coffee for my breakfast. I had a big but healthy lunch of a big salad with roasted chicken and light balsamic dressing all put into a rosemary and olive oil flatbread. Then when I got hungry for a snack, I had a homemade fruit and yogurt parfait made with light vanilla yogurt mixed with a little protein powder, fresh blackberries, and a little bit of granola. I was still hungry a little later before dinner, so I had 2 California cuties (love these!!). Adam was working late, so dinner was a Kashi meal and then a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels...yum! When Adam got home, I just went for a 20 minute run b/c it was already late. I think this method really worked for me b/c I weighed this morning and was down a few lbs...only 3 more pregnancy pounds, and then on to the rest!

Good ideas about working out at home while the baby''s sleeping. I am going to jump rope on our screened-in porch and probably go pick up the 30 day shred video since you guys gave it a good review. I''m cooking a new meal tonight from Cooking Light mag, they have some really yummy recipes!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mara - i admire you for going to bikram yoga... i tried it 8 or so times and each time felt like puking... the instructor would say ''next time you''ll feel better'' - i guess i should have kept with it, but i just felt so awful during class that i quit
8.gif
- but more power to you girl!
i''ll check out the yoga you mentioned.. we have quite a few studios around here.
i wish i could see my little man at lunch but i work too far away from home.. which is the reason i decided to jump back into working out at lunch. it helps keep my mind off of not seeing him AND i can lose some of those baby lbs ;-)

i hear ya on breaking pg eating habits. my go to meal when pregnant was a carbohydrate and cheese. figures that my LO would be intolerant to dairy - that was a toughie to give up. so now that i can eat cheese/dairy again i try tell myself that i still can''t ;-) this mind trick works with a lot of things.. i just tell myself i ''can''t'' eat it (so i don''t over indulge everyday) and when i do splurge i don''t feel guilty. also when i was preggo, vegetables made me GAG.. it''s hard to get back on the veggie train. before i was PG i would literally eat a bag of frozen mixed veggies everyday with some balsamic and EVOO. i''d like to get back to that lunch instead of having a carbo heavy lunch.

a little hang up i''m having is that since i''m fairly tall (5''10") - it''s really easy to hide the weight i''ve gained... but i don''t ''feel'' like myself, although i do ''look'' like the old me. i''m definitely not as toned anymore.. and my middle is so soft - bleh! it also stinks being tall b/c when you DO lose weight.. you can''t really tell... but i guess i''m doing this for the mental part of being fit as well as the physical.

i took DS on a long walk last night with the dog.. and i''m doing the 30day shred video tonight or else!

i''m having a soup, pita chips and a small salad for lunch.. yum. strawberries for a 3:00 snack... need to get off the candy!!

steph, i think that eating plan sound perfect! i''m always starving at lunch, but not so much for breakfast.. so i typically just have a cliff bar and coffee..

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, the last 10 pounds is hanging on pretty tight there for me as well (I gained about 30lbs total, and the 20lbs went off by themselves). Despite trying to work out every day and eating well (dieting is not an option for me either since I EBF), those 10lbs are stubborn and I have not lost anything since week 10 or so.
14.gif
I do ashtanga routines and workout on my Wii Fit about 30 minutes a day. I''d been on a bit of a hiatus lately, but J is slowly getting back on his old schedule by himself, so it''s easier for me to manage my time.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I shouldn''t be allowed to participate on this thread. I have not been motivated to do a hard workout for days. Yuck. I did get a really good walk in today with both kids but skipped the 30 Day Shred I wanted to do in exchange for a nap.
40.gif
Oh, and I ate reasonably well today. I realize since I EBF I can''t diet but I could make better choices (as in get the frickin cookies out of the house!!!). My good news for the day is that I can no longer wear my maternity jeans-they are just so ridiculously big!!
36.gif
Now, if I could just fit into more of my pre-preggo jeans (I can wear 3 pairs without sporting a muffin top) life would be great!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I hear you Burke. I eat partially well and then I blow it.

Today my son and I went to the mall and did a couple of laps amidst shopping. I had a Greek salad for lunch and lasagna for dinner. Then in the afternoon we went for a walk in the neighborhood. But now I am watching the yankees play the red sox and having a beer and a Reeses PB Egg. But I do feel like I at least got thru my day having burned some calories and ate semi-well.

Oh and for anyone looking to help hide a little tummy bulge post-pregnancy, I found these cheap tees in Old Navy and they covered my little belly I still have. I felt so great in them that I bought 4!!! old nacy top

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
muffin top is the bane of my existence.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
so i just got back from my fitness assessment. with a strenuous 5 day a week workout routine i should be back to my old self in a year.. A YEAR!!!! i can''t even mention what my body fat % went up to... OMG... it''s so so
39.gif
39.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 2:21:54 PM
Author: vizsla
so i just got back from my fitness assessment. with a strenuous 5 day a week workout routine i should be back to my old self in a year.. A YEAR!!!! i can''t even mention what my body fat % went up to... OMG... it''s so so
39.gif
39.gif
So sorry viz!! How did they measure the body fat? There is room for error so maybe it''s not quite as bad as you think! I bet you are back quicker than a year!
2.gif
I meant to comment to you earlier about being tall and "hiding" weight. I''m 5''10" as well and I''m still holding on to close to 20 lbs and in clothes (especially layers) it''s hard to tell. BUT if I had to wear a swimsuit....there are no words for the sadness!
3.gif
And on that note I better get started on the 30 day shred while little guy is asleep and T is at school.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi busy mommas
How goes the battle??
I''ll be ready to join you guys in about 8 weeks, but until then, i thought i''d share this ARTICLE with you. We are all busy so this workout is appealing--esp since ppl seem to be getting amazing results from it. 4 min fat-blasting sessions? Sign me up!
3.gif

I''ve never heard of this Tabata technique. I did a quick google search and found tons of info on it and apparently there are even iphone apps available to help coach you

Here is a sample Tabata workout

35.gif
back to my diet of jubes and carbs...i have to live it up now right?
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Well, I think my switching up my diet idea has worked a bit. I''ve lost a few more pounds and am now 2 pounds away from my pre-preg. weight. I have also upped my cardio. I''m walking with E in the morning after I drop A off at school, then getting in some cardio like jump rope throughout the day and am running for 20-30 mins. at night when Adam gets home. I also know I need to do weights more often. Does the 30 day shred video use weights? Hope everyone else is doing well! Jas, off to read your link, thanks for posting!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~thanks for that!!

Yay Steph!! I''m jealous!
3.gif
30 Day Shred uses hand weights (I use 3 lb). It''s a circuit so you do 3 min weights, 3 min cardio, 2 min abs.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Steph, Congrats, that is great news.

Burk and Viz - I am so jealous of you tall ladies that can hide the extra weight. I am 5''2" with a very small frame, so any extra weight is so obvious.

I am still stuck at the same plateau I have been on for a month. And it''s my own fault because I have not exercised at all. Olivia is in the midst of a sleep regression, so by the time she is finally down at night I crash as well. Adding to that work has been crazy, we just discovered she has a severe milk allergy and have been dealing with that, plus I have been running around planning her baptism which is this weekend. We leave for vacation in 2 weeks and I''d love to lose a few lbs before then, but I just don''t know if it''s going to happen.

On a positive note, I am making a real effort to eat better, so maybe I''ll see some improvement from that. I fell into a bad habit of eating unhealthy snacks like chips and sweets while preggo that I haven''t been able to kick. I am trying to switch my snacks back to healthier ones like fruit and veggies.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yup my big issue is eating like i''m still pregnant.

like you viz... i used to eat healthy before pg and during it seemed i could eat anything without really gaining like i WOULD otherwise...and esp being nauseated in the beginning for months only carbs sounded good.

since i am still BF i feel like i still can eat what i want without GAINING but it''s also preventing me from LOSING.

burk.. awww none of that ''no participation'' thing!!

steph.. i should get some willpower and try your ''diet'' for a few days and see if it makes a diff. i think the sad part is i know it would so i dont want to try it HAAHA. i am sitting here eating KFC!! bad mara.

viz.. bikram DOES take getting used to big time. the first few times i was not sure i liked it but i liked feeling sweaty and like i was sweating out fat or something hehe. and then i kept doing it...and i felt like it really was making me more ''lean''. i had to stop cuz i was preggo, i went til i was six weeks preggo then felt so guilty about not knowing how it was affecting the baby i stopped (all the stuff i read about doing it while preggo was inconclusive)...but i really missed it. now its really hard to get back into it.

i worked out on saturday with uJam and then i walked 1.5m today and did some Zumba at home too.

does anyone else feel like their bodies have totally changed since being pregnant in terms of how it feels when you workout? after i work out my legs and hips end up killing me afterwards and i feel like my BONES hurt too if that makes sense. its a crazy kind of ''old woman'' sore rather than i''ve worked out muscles sore. i hope that it''s just temporary because ugh after i work out or walk a while i feel like a hobbling old fool. and i have always been really strong and relished feeling sore. not so much now.

oh and sciatic nerve pain... still have it sometimes! i really hope THAT goes away once i drop the extra weight. i hate it... it feels like knives in my right hip/butt.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I''ve been having a sharp pain my hip as well. It stops me in my tracks! And if I am sitting on the floor with E sometimes I have a hard time getting up because it hurts so bad. After seeing your post, I''m wondering if it is due to sciatic as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dunno lizzy but i just remember the pain from end of preg and it''s the same. my friend says she thinks its my IT band and i just should stretch more so who knows.

so i did uJam on Wed night and then walked with a friend for an hour yesterday with the stroller. wow my legs were burning when i was done! today i hope to get out for a walk again but we''ll see. tomorrow morning is uJam again.

ANNDDDD after 8 weeks of seeing no scale movement, today it went down one lb. YAY. who knows if i will last but since i have just been stagnant for 2 months i am happy to see it move down one.

is anyone else still BF''ing and trying to get some weight off? are you just eating healthily and more of the healthy stuff to make your extra cals?

people keep telling me that when i stop BF''ing the extra 10lbs will drop off but i have a friend who has a 4.5mo old she is BF, and she is SMALLER than before her pregnancy and we gained same weight.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mara, I think the weight loss and breastfeeding correlation is different for people. I lost all my pregnancy weight + 10 lbs while bf''ing but after bf''ing I quickly gained those 10 back. A part of me also wonders if the bf''ing even has anything to do with it. Because while I was bf''ing, my son was younger and more needy so I really had to force myself to find time to eat. Now that my son is almost one, he is much more independent, so now I have a lot more time to eat. Too much in fact. This is why I think I gained the 10lbs back!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey ladies where is everyone?!??!

so i have been trying to add a bit more walking into my days. i walked to the local grocery store today with the stroller, it was maybe 1.5-2m total.

i also have been trying to eat a bit more healthy the last 3 days. i think it is making a difference but it''s hard to really tell just yet. but i have cut out about 1/2 of the sugar i was eating...i got into a horrible high sugar habit, i was so surprised i didnt get GD while preggo! example, i used to drink coffee with milk only and no sugar and now i put in like 2 tsp of sugar. and i became obsessed with root beer in 3rd tri and i kept drinking it after having J, tons of sugar!

i''ve been eating frozen meals for lunch but healthy ones from TJ''s and kashi (love their lemongrass chicken). also trying to eat eggs or oatmeal for breakfast and cut back on the highly buttered sourdough toast.
3.gif

we go to hawaii for our friend''s wedding in 9 days, i am so sad to leave J but excited for a few days along with G and with our friends who i havent seen in months. and umm the bathing suit. i decided to get a tankini but all the cute ones i like at VS are sold out! so i have black bikini bottoms so i will just try to find a black tankini top at Target or something. i need a miracle tank or something hehe. my friend said ''just showcase the girls, smoke and mirrors!'' lol.

i will work out tomorrow night at a UJam class and then hopefully walk thursday with a friend for an hour.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - I agree with Lizzy, I think BF''ing and weightloss are different for different people. I am still bf''ing and am still up about 8 lbs from pre-preg (and up about 15 lbs from where I want to be, but first things first). I am hoping that I can lose the weight before I stop bf''ing, particularly because I plan to bf as long as possible because DD has a milk allergy and won''t be able to switch to whole milk at 1. I have been eating healthier for hte last week or two, but haven''t seen any scale movement yet. I do feel better though, so hopefully I''ll see results soon. Finding time to work out is still my biggest problem - I see the trainer once a week and that''s it other than some walks with the baby. If I could find even 1 or 2 more times to work out I think I''d start seeing some results so that is what I am going to work on next. The baby goes to sleep by 9 at the latest. I am so exhausted by that point I just veg for an hour and then go to bed, but I am going to try to force myself to do a dvd or hop on the elliptical for 20-30 min.

We leave next week for Florida and I actually found a cute tankini at Marshall''s. I plan to spend a lot of time in my cover-up though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NB... i got a cute tankini at target for $40..yay! and i think i can still wear it later when my boobs deflate and the rest of me is back to normal too.

so i went to uJam last nite and walked today for an hour with J in the stroller. pushing 20lbs of bumbleride and 12-13lbs of baby hopefully is getting me some extra cals burned.

and i have been doing pretty well with eating more healthy though i did give in and eat some taco bell today and have a pepsi. but for dinner we had pecan crusted tilapia from whole foods and a package of alexia fries, so not bad.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Haven''t been over here in a while, but I am keeping up with a pretty good routine. Evan and I have been walking for 45 minutes in the mornings, then I have been running at night every other night. I need to do more weights, but find it hard to find the time. I''m going to make myself go to the gym this weekend. I''ve been doing pretty well on food, but have made a few fast food runs the past few days...gotta stop that! Oh and my weight is stuck again. I don''t know why it does that...I will loose a few, then it is stuck for a month! But at least it''s going in the right direction. Ugh, I don''t even want to think about bathing suits, but need to since I''m in FL and we spend the entire summer in the pool! Tankini it is!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I signed up for a 5k at the end of May to motivate me to run. I''ve gotten to the point where I can run 3 miles w/out stopping, but I am sllllooooww. Oh well, baby steps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results