shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Hi SMTRers
I'm a LIW with a low quality picture of my intended E-ring. I've been shopping for wedding bands and think I found one that especially compliments the design of my ring and am asking for your opinions or suggestions.

Below is a picture of my <1 ct princess set in 18 yellow. The next picture is of a band that I would choose in 18 yellow.

Opinions, suggestions, please

btw I have rather long fingers so I don't think total height would be an issue

Erin

Ideal_Rock
View one

Erin093005.JPG

Erin

Ideal_Rock
View two

Erin0930005.JPG

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Wedding band?

horizonwholesale_1862_346471724

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
The wedding band looks like it will complement your e-ring nicely. Two things you might want to consider though. One is how big are the diamonds in the w-ring? You don''t want them to overwhelm your e-ring stone. Also, does your e-ring stone overhang the ring at all? It''s hard to tell in the picture. If it does, that means the w-ring you chose won''t sit flush with your e-ring. And I also would worry about the tip of your e-ring stone rubbing against the w-ring. I know there''s prongs at the tips, but princess cuts are particularly fragile along the tips, and you could chip the stone at one of the tips.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh thanks for the thoughts Coda

My center stone is about .9 and the tw of the band is 1.20 and there appears to be 7 or 8 diamonds so I'd say 0.15-0.17

and the mounting for the center stone comes from the center of the band and lifts the diamond slightly up above the raised band frames so that when you look straight down onto the ring it appears to be floating
since it still has a base band I figured the wedding band would sit flush but not come up as high as the prongs
but of course I wouldn't know both without trying both on

thanks for the input - anything else I'm not thinking of?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know you said you have long fingers but sometimes too wide of a ban can be uncomfertable from the underside and you can develop blister and even a calus (sp?) from the everyday movements you will be making with your hand. It terms of style how high will the band be? Will it be deep finger to top of ring? That might make them a little weird to wear together. Just a few thoughts.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the concept a lot. i agree the total width of both bands might be too much. i guesss you''d have to try them on together first and see. I personally like thicker bands worn solo or with two really thin bands on either side, like MINE''s ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the idea, love the matchy-ness of it, but worried about the finger real estate as both rings appear pretty wide. Is there a thinner version? Or would you wear the wedding band on your other hand? How wide (mm) is the ering?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
did you see this recent thread??

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-pc-star-set-eternity-wedding-band-w-er.34015/

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great or the concept of the w-band would look great. (maybe smaller but MORE diamonds?).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree, maybe a little less metal.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I love them together! As long as they look as great as I think they will together, I say go for it!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Did ya see this one?

I agree with what everyone else said, thinner, less metal on the outside of the diamonds.

Scintillating...

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would be stunning but I do agree something a little thinner would be YUMMMMMM!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input
35.gif

I agree with most of you - even though my fingers are long I think it''s too much metal and would take away from the thick band look of the original ring. Something smaller scale (with MORE diamonds - lol Tacori) would be more appropriate.

Thanks jcrow and Scintillating! Although I love that ring I''m a big fan of the rings sitting flush and it would aggrevate me to no end to keep pushing them together. Well now I have a prototype - I guess the only thing left to do is go custom.

Bf will love that!!!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results