shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible re-set and wedding band advice pls!

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Do you like rose gold? I think a narrow RG ring with some depth (thickness) will be both sturdy and beautiful. It may slightly blend with your skin tone so be a complement to your beautiful e-ring rather than a contrast. Like this (it comes in different widths and thicknesses):

Ive never tried rose gold on but i think it’s very pretty! The yg band looks nice with my skin on its own but sometimes paired with white gold it can look more yellow
So maybe rose gold would be a nice blend rather than stark contrast as you mentioned. I’ll have to try some on! I was looking at that band! The heaviness looks like it would suit well with my e-ring I’m just wondering about the domed shape since as foxinsox pointed out, I think a flat band or low dome would look best. That one doesn’t seem too rounded. Thanks for the suggestions! Love when I get some eye candy :)

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
My ER is from bez too, and I love the blaze diamonds! I think your er is perfect, and I would get a matching blaze band!! There’s a wide band on his site with compass set blaze diamonds that I love.

I would see if he could make just a single band instead of 3 together. CDCF9F83-359B-42DF-84FA-028D97D724F7.png 57A1764E-C897-4048-95A0-DF218775B100.png

They blaze are so sparkly in candlelight aren’t they?! Love it. Oooo I like the compass setting. That would help it stand out a bit more from my e-ring rather than having the blaze match-up exactly. I’ll pass this photo along to my hubby for whenever he wants to give me a present :twisted2:Thank you!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering the same thing about the top profile. From the side it seems ok but when looking from the top it looks off with the curve of the small yg band. Thanks for pointing that out! I’ll definitely have to do some measurements on my band b/c I think matching the height is going to be really important.
I’ll look into carre cuts, I’ve never heard of they before! What would you think of baugettes?
Thank you so much for the resources! I’ve got some fun homework :)
Most fun homework ever - working out what diamonds look best with your own diamonds :lol-2:
Baguettes could be good - tho I do wonder if the length would be a proportion issue given your shank diamonds are squares and baguettes are rectangular. It’s probably something to try on and check?

P

Petalouda

Just want to chime in and say gosh your E-ring is so beautiful. Good luck on finding a great band. Lots of great suggestions here.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Another thought I had was Erstwhile. Their 24k gold band would look perfect!
111E96DE-A21F-4FA4-BA5A-C64658C6C838.png 7A5194A0-734D-41D5-99C2-8C8AB5A5775B.png 89C29157-7110-4B19-8B94-311DC63B0E91.png

L

lydial

I would love to see your amazing engagement ring paired with an antique wedding band!!!

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Just want to chime in and say gosh your E-ring is so beautiful. Good luck on finding a great band. Lots of great suggestions here.

Thank you! I’m so indecisive but having objective input is really helpful.

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Another thought I had was Erstwhile. Their 24k gold band would look perfect!
111E96DE-A21F-4FA4-BA5A-C64658C6C838.png 7A5194A0-734D-41D5-99C2-8C8AB5A5775B.png 89C29157-7110-4B19-8B94-311DC63B0E91.png

Erstwhile has some beautiful pieces. I love love love their old miner band but I think the diamonds might be too big in proportion to the blaze in my band. Their solid bands look nice and heavy though so they might be thick enough to match my e-ring.
I just realized though that because my ring is so low profile and the stone sits in the band, a thick wedding band won’t sit flush!! Ugh.

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
I would love to see your amazing engagement ring paired with an antique wedding band!!!

Oooo that’s a neat idea! Antique bands are lovely. They can be more decorative though, which makes me worry they’ll look out of place along side my e-ring.

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
@foxinsox
Since you and I were talking proportions and top profile I’m wondering what your opinion is if I got a band more mm wide than my current ER band...would that look off and throw the proportion of my center stone off? Maybe just a 3mm, not too large like 5 or 6mm.
I think mine is 2mm but I haven’t been able to check yet.
If it’s a thick band it might not be able to fit under the low basket holding my stone so it won’t sit flush but I think that’s ok with me. Thoughts?
Thank you for all your input!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love you ring just as it is. It is so beautiful & unusual, so i'm glad you're going to leave it. Also, I hear you on the rich yellow gold. My skin tone likes it better too, but most of what I have is platinum, so I requested a plain skinny Tiffany Lucida in yellow for my 10th Anniversay. I petty much never take it off from my right hand & often pair with with my full platinum eternity.

I think you could find an antique 22ct plain gold band to pair perfectly. Just make sure you check height & width measurement.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked up a pre loved carre cut and with the cut of the blaze on the band I think it could work. It is the middle one. The light flashes are subtle
image.jpg
HT2273B-19189425.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox
Since you and I were talking proportions and top profile I’m wondering what your opinion is if I got a band more mm wide than my current ER band...would that look off and throw the proportion of my center stone off? Maybe just a 3mm, not too large like 5 or 6mm.
I think mine is 2mm but I haven’t been able to check yet.
If it’s a thick band it might not be able to fit under the low basket holding my stone so it won’t sit flush but I think that’s ok with me. Thoughts?
Thank you for all your input!

I missed your question until now @Deeveedee! I’m sorry.
mhmm good question. I think if it was similar shape/profile and depth, the greater width would likely look deliberate and quite good. I feel that when there’s too many differences in height, profile and width, that’s when it looks messy or not as satisfying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results