shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Cushion Brilliant for my E-Ring! Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! I''ve been lurking for several months now, learning as much as I can about diamonds and settings. I have been dating my wonderful boyfriend for 5 years now, and have talked about getting engaged most of those 5 years! I am extremely picky and change my mind easily, so he''s let me help out in finding the stone and setting I want.

As with many of you, I am completely mesmerized by chunky cushion brilliant solitaires with double claw prongs!!! (ala boston_jeff and pixley!!!) I have been in contact with many jewelers, and all are having trouble locating a stone for me in my goal size range of 1.5, and our budget (we''re both teachers!)

So, as many have advised, I contacted Mark a few weeks ago, feeling confident that he would be the one to find our stone. He did find one pretty nice one, and we arranged to go look at it in person to decide. However, a week before we were supposed to go look at it, it was sold over the website! I was pretty discouraged and irritated, since we did plan to come see it. Regardless, I know Mark is the best, so I am still in contact with him in hopes of finding a stone.

However, a jeweler in Pittsburgh (boyfriend''s hometown) has found a really great potential for us! It''s a 1.53, H, SI1 cushion brilliant. It''s from a guy that specializes in antique cuts in CA. I don''t know if it is an actual antique or not. The measurements are 7.41 x 6.83 x 3.97mm, and it''s GIA certified. Unfortunately that''s all I know, and the jeweler knows as of now, because it is in some show in CA this week. We''re hoping to get it shipped in this coming week to take a look at it. Any opinions would be great, and I know that I can trust any of the feedback you can give!

Thanks so much!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Here''s the picture!
3.gif

1.53 H-SI1.jpg

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It looks pretty exciting to me!
30.gif
Do you have the specs and a macro shot? I think it''s gorgeous.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Goodness!!! That stone is beautiful!!! I love the pillowy shape.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wowie! That is a really beautiful stone. Pretty pretty pretty!! Looks to most likely be the 8 pav main facet pattern. Did he have the GIA cert?? (Good thing it is GIA, too!!)

So, is it at the show in Cali? Make sure you have it on hold or something. Not sure what the show is, but you don''t want them to sell it out from under you.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 7:37:59 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Wowie! That is a really beautiful stone. Pretty pretty pretty!! Looks to most likely be the 8 pav main facet pattern. Did he have the GIA cert?? (Good thing it is GIA, too!!)

So, is it at the show in Cali? Make sure you have it on hold or something. Not sure what the show is, but you don''t want them to sell it out from under you.
Ditto. Hang on to this one. If you''re looking for mesmerizing - this should be your stone! And a claw prong soli? Yummzies.
36.gif

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your feedback Pixley! I am in awe of your stone and set! I even looked up the place you found your stone, and they haven''t replied back to me yet.

The jeweler I''m working with me says that she is first on the list to see the stone. So I''m hoping after she calls first thing tomorrow morning, she can get it in to her store ASAP.

She doesn''t have a copy of the GIA certificate either, because the man is away at the show. I believe he is just showing it, but I''m hoping it doesn''t get taken away like the other 1.53 I was hoping to see.
39.gif

I''ll post more pictures and information once I receive it! Thanks again Pixley and Upgradeable! I''m excited!!!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!! Nice size and proportions too!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Put this beauty on hold ASAP!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I love the shape of it. Very pretty and interesting facets. Looks good to me!
36.gif

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks CrookedRock...your cushion is AMAZING! I''ll post more pictures as I get them - I can''t wait to see a Macro shot.
18.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect to me!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. It''s gorgeous!!! What do you think?

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Looks quite unique and lovely.
30.gif
And it has a very good spead as well!!!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a stunner!!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
SEXY.
30.gif

That''s the exact pillow shape I''d have wanted in a cushion!

MrsPuppy

Rough_Rock
30.gif

That is one gorgeous stone!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
THAT is one hell of a cushion! Grab that ASAP. Love the softer edges, it reminds me a lot of my wife''s cushion. Can''t wait to see this one all done. Good luck.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s HOT! Love the pillowy shape.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! I''ll be curious to know what the stats are on that!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with my jeweler quickly tonight. It will be sent out from CA on Monday to Pittsburgh, and will be there by Wednesday. I''ll talk to her then to see what she thinks and hopefully get some more pictures and a copy of the GIA certificate through email. Then, we will be driving from Philly area out to Pittsburgh on Friday night to see it on Saturday....we''ll have to make a decision that day, as Saturday is the last day the jeweler will have it before it is sent out to someone else to see.
6.gif

I think it really looks great - I just really would like to see more pictures, especially magnified, and see it in person on my hand before I can say this is 100% the right one.

Thank you to everyone for all of your lovely comments. It definitely makes me feel better knowing that so many of you think it''s really great. Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend and I hope to post more for all of you by Wednesday.
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''ve been watching this thread like a hawk hoping you were going to be calling this beauty in to look at! Make sure you take a fully charged camera along with you on Saturday!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone taking bets that it will belong to cinnamongurl by Sat. night???
9.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
And wouldn''t it look gorgeous set in Erica''s HW repro setting?

ericasHWrepro.JPG

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
haha
18.gif
that setting is very beautiful...

I''m a pretty plain girl with short fingers...I don''t think I can handle pave. (That''s probably a sin to say that here!
17.gif
)

But...I am hoping for a double claw prong solitaire setting in platinum...that way I can just get as many diamond stacking bands to dress it up as I want!
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 6:29:46 PM
Author: cinnamongurl
haha
18.gif
that setting is very beautiful...

I''m a pretty plain girl with short fingers...I don''t think I can handle pave. (That''s probably a sin to say that here!
17.gif
)

But...I am hoping for a double claw prong solitaire setting in platinum...that way I can just get as many diamond stacking bands to dress it up as I want!
31.gif

That''ll look gorgeous. And I like the way you think!
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous cushion. I know how hard they are to locate, but this one looks like a real winner.
Please keep us posted and if you can, pics!!
1.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 8:22:54 PM
Author: cinnamongurl
Thank you so much for your feedback Pixley! I am in awe of your stone and set! I even looked up the place you found your stone, and they haven''t replied back to me yet.

The jeweler I''m working with me says that she is first on the list to see the stone. So I''m hoping after she calls first thing tomorrow morning, she can get it in to her store ASAP.

She doesn''t have a copy of the GIA certificate either, because the man is away at the show. I believe he is just showing it, but I''m hoping it doesn''t get taken away like the other 1.53 I was hoping to see.
39.gif

I''ll post more pictures and information once I receive it! Thanks again Pixley and Upgradeable! I''m excited!!!
Aww, thanks! Sorry about Rachminov - they are definitely not set up for PSrs, who have specific parameters and standards in mind - they get what they get from the Russian gov''t and either they have what you want or not; they never know when the gov''t will release more stock. At any rate, yours looks like it''s cut beautifully. I''m excited for you and can''t wait for you to see it and report back!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
It''s Wednesday, and the jeweler closed at 6...my email went out at almost 7 (I was still at work, grading assessments...) So, I didn''t get to talk to her, and didn''t get an email with pictures or more information. I''m DYING to see/hear more about it!

We''re driving out to Pittsburgh tomorrow night after work, and hoping to see it on Friday morning! Hopefully I''ll get some pictures tomorrow, and post them tomorrow night! Keep your fingers crossed for me - I''ve been having nightmares and thoughts that this diamond might not be great in person...or that it is over our budget.
39.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
Qwaaaah! I was all ready to see some cushiony goodness. I''ll think good thoughts for you and your stone! Have a great road trip and try not to lose sleep over it. Diamonds will do that to ya... ''Specially those cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results