shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible crystal opal earrings

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely be looking to play up the blue rather than the green. I think ANY diamonds will make them more formal, but diamond halos would make them look massively more ornate and not casual at all; drop earrings always look more dressy, and adding diamond halos to that would be massively eye catching.

Have you thought about something close to the Joon Han look, but pearls on the top, smaller aquas next, then the opals? That might not give you enough contrast, tho, with the opals.... Montana sapphires, perhaps? Altho that wouldn't give you much contrast with the pearls. To be honest, I think the Joon Han ones work so well with the Tahitians because the large drop stone is of a similar hue. Have you thought about pearls the color of natural blue Akoyas? Or even prettier - natural blue baroque...

https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/80-85-mm-18-inch-silver-blue-akoya-baroque-pearl-necklace

- then diamonds / aquas / montana sapphires - then the opals? Diamonds or aquas will give you a lighter look, while sapphires would give you some contrast - both options fabulous. And these would look AWESOME with a Tahitian necklace!!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'd definitely be looking to play up the blue rather than the green. I think ANY diamonds will make them more formal, but diamond halos would make them look massively more ornate and not casual at all; drop earrings always look more dressy, and adding diamond halos to that would be massively eye catching.

Have you thought about something close to the Joon Han look, but pearls on the top, smaller aquas next, then the opals? That might not give you enough contrast, tho, with the opals.... Montana sapphires, perhaps? Altho that wouldn't give you much contrast with the pearls. To be honest, I think the Joon Han ones work so well with the Tahitians because the large drop stone is of a similar hue. Have you thought about pearls the color of natural blue Akoyas? Or even prettier - natural blue baroque...

https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/80-85-mm-18-inch-silver-blue-akoya-baroque-pearl-necklace

- then diamonds / aquas / montana sapphires - then the opals? Diamonds or aquas will give you a lighter look, while sapphires would give you some contrast - both options fabulous. And these would look AWESOME with a Tahitian necklace!!
Thanks, these ideas are all fabulous! The possibilities are almost endless! Why would I do this to myself? Haha

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie, thanks for coming on board, I was hoping for your opinion as your opal and diamond earrings got me started on opal earrings! Thanks for that! I actually was playing with the opals and my Tahitian studs yesterday at work and had them up that way with the fat end at the top and the pearl above it, but wasn't sure. Maybe I need to back myself more as it looked really different but quite cool!
I had initially wanted to do a white gold fine diamond halo around the opal, but worried they might look too fancy. Plus I'm starting from scratch with my bling fund as the rest went on the setting of my ring.
Maybe your jeweler could set something up so you could hang the opals from your Tahitian studs, but they could be removable if you wanted to go studs only. This way you get to see how it would look without breaking the bank.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results