shape
carat
color
clarity

Pony Progress Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
oh luke looks beautiful EQ you and your mom are doing great! i just love the pasture/ paddock there in. Is Luke an arab x ? aww and chance is a ham im guessing hes a WB or stockY tall QH or TB errr just curious they looks so happy!

my horse loves posing for the camera! hes a ham....
157_5756.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
GarysBride - Your horse is adorable! Love the coat pattern. Luke is a registered Paint horse, and he has some TB blood through the sire''s lines. Chance is a registered TB, never raced (too slow - dud?) and carrying lots of stockier English TB lines.

I went up to visit at home tonight and found Chance in quite a state. He had gotten into something and he tore up his poor face in the process.
8.gif
His left eye is all swollen up and he has a deep gash above the eye. He also has a longer scratch above the other corner of the eye that extends down the eyelids and ends in another gash along the lower lid. I haven''t the faintest idea how he did that - itching his head on a post or some barn hardware on accident? trying to scratch an insect sting? I had my brother help me clean him up and we got some horse aspirin and Benadryl into him. I treated the gashes with some ointment, hopefully he doesn''t rub all of that off in the night. I really hope that the swelling isn''t hiding anything else like a scratched eye, I can''t get a good look in there yet. Poor fella, there always seems to be something happening to him...
39.gif

I have a few more pictures to share with you guys:
One of Luke, from today as I was walking down to the barn before I saw Chance and his boo-boos. He''s looking better and better.

lukekf7.jpg

I mentioned that Chance is a rescue horse. Here is what he looked like when he first came home so sickly.

CHANCEBEFORE.jpg

CHANCEBEFORE2.jpg

And Chance now... This was a photo from last summer.

DSC00244.jpg

Last one. This one of the bulletin board I put up in my room to start the school year. I used this idea last year, too. The kids LOVE it.

Classroom001.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gary'sBride, your boy is a beauty! Thanks for sharing the pic of him, it looks like he is hamming it up for the camera for sure1 How do they know?????
3.gif

I hope Chance's eye heals up quickly Equi, it is quite likely he was having an itch and did that, could have been an insect... I don't know, they are so good at making their Mom's hearts sink and frightening the daylights out of them
40.gif
Hopefully the scratches are superficial and the eye is fine.

He looks like a different horse in the pics, you did such a great job with him. Horses being the sensitive and wonderful creatures they are, know when they are safe and loved and cared for, that along with the right care can work wonders as it did for him.

PS - I see Luke is having a pose too now he knows he is so gorgeous!

PPS - I LOVE the critters board!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear of Chance''s mishap, and hope he heals quickly.

EQ...your before and after pictures of Chance are stunning...they brought tears to my eyes! What a difference some lovin'' and good care makes!!!!!!!

widget

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Your palomino reminds me so much of one of my first horses when I was a little girl. Oh, you just brought me back through the years! Your horses are lovely - you did a beautiful job with Chance. How lucky for the horse that you got him.

Thanks for showing these photos.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon, thank you for your comment. I always thought I would have a big gray horse when I was really little, and that''s my Chance today. Didn''t realize what a dirtball a big gray horse would be at the time, unfortunately...
20.gif
2.gif

Lorelei and Widget, Chance does not seem to have any damage to the eye. My parents and brother say he is able to open it all the way now and the swelling has gone down. He is healing fast already, so things seem to be going okay. He still may have a scar over his eye, though, that cut is pretty deep. Silly boy tearing up his cute face...
38.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few new pics of the boys to share.

I love this one. I use it on my school laptop so the kids and I see it every day. You can see Chance is having a random clean moment.

DSC03322.jpg

Handsome Luke! Getting all muscled up and so shiny now!

DSC03325.jpg

Mom and I saddled up for a ride...
DSC03338.jpg

Chance and me... He''s wearing his little nose-net to prevent head tossing. It''s a lot of weird science to explain, but basically the light touch of the material on his face keeps the nerves from misfiring and causing him to toss his head in the air. Makes him look a bit Amish, but it works.
2.gif

DSC03339.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pics Equi, the boys look great! Luke is coming along beautifully
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Of course I love that sweetie Chance too!
3.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the new photos too!!! What pretty, well groomed ponies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results