shape
carat
color
clarity

Pondslimes...Rejects?...I think not!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in on learning to strand my own pearls. I just got this strand from Rainbow Island Pearls on Ebay. They are pondslime freshies. Inger from RIP told me that these pearls are rejects since the way the dye transfers on them!!
6.gif
What? I will take these rejects anyday. These pearls are not rear by any means,but they are rear in the oval shape. I wish I bought the other strand they had. They sold out right away!!! Ah well, I am happy I got these and I think it is a lovely strand to do my first stranding with. They also surprised me with the lovely little strand of light pinkish/purple 4mm freshies! They are so pretty! I might intermix them with the pondslimes!! Inger was great to deal with!!!! One of the few on Ebay that you can trust and they are in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purpleymetallicbronze.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
with mini freshies. The pondslime are about 9-11mm and the freshies about 4mm.

pondslimeswithgiftfreshies.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The perwinkle metallic pearl is really cool. This is one side of it. The next picture shows the pondslime on the other side. They remind of colored Easter eggs! I hope to get these stranded by Easter!!

periwinklemetallic.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
other side...

othersideofpearl.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just fall in love with these pearls the more I see them. So glad I got in on them when I did. They may not be everyone''s cup of tea...but IRL, they are so pretty and unique!!

rejectsnoway.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These do have imperfections of course but they were prett inexpensive and I think I will have fun stranding them!!

bronzeypondslime.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

ripstr.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pearl at the end of the strand... It is so much prettier IRL>>

endstrand.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think the "pondslime" pearls are very pretty.
1.gif
. Why did he call them that?

I''m with ya on learning to strand your own pearls. Good idea. Need to learn one day too.

If you are looking for clasps, I really like bellafindings.
I also, wonder why they are called pondslime?? Kinda cool. Anyway thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif
1.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on stringing your own pearls! I would like to do that, but I don''t think I have the patience
8.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 11:30:26 PM
Author: swedish bean
If you are looking for clasps, I really like bellafindings.
I also, wonder why they are called pondslime?? Kinda cool. Anyway thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif
1.gif

I am guessing on this as it only makes sense....(although I could look it up) the pearls form that "oil slick" on them just like a pond that has the "slimy" film on the surface. Interesting name for such lovely pearls................ they really are very colorful in person!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Those are neat! If that''s what pondslime looks like, I''ll take some too
1.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I often buy from Inger at Rainbow Island and always enjoy working with her. RIP has beautiful offerings, they are honest in their offerings and delivery what they promise.

I too have strung a couple of their "pond slime" freshies and always hear compliments about them. Have fun with them Cushion and wear them in good health!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2010 9:09:54 AM
Author: jmtomaui
I often buy from Inger at Rainbow Island and always enjoy working with her. RIP has beautiful offerings, they are honest in their offerings and delivery what they promise.

I too have strung a couple of their ''pond slime'' freshies and always hear compliments about them. Have fun with them Cushion and wear them in good health!

Thank you! I have yet to go and buy the materials I need for stringing............ gotta get on that! It will be fun to play with them and see the arrangement/design I come up with!!

You might become addicted to stringing--- it''s a slippery slope
12.gif
5.gif
5.gif
4.gif
4.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 2:11:01 PM
Author: swedish bean
You might become addicted to stringing--- it''s a slippery slope
12.gif
5.gif
5.gif
4.gif
4.gif

I just hope that I am patient about it!! Love the new avatar Swedish!!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Rejects?, those are beautiful. Congratulations on stringing them... what beauties

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results