shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: which band should I choose?

Which of these two bands should I choose?

• The thinner Belais one

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • The thicker one

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a band to go with my solitaire and I ordered two that are similar but I am stuck on which to keep. Here is some info:

1. Thinner one - it's Belais which is a known brand. It has 4 little single cut diamonds. The diamonds are pretty fiery despite being small.
2. Thicker one: the engraving looks deeper so more of a patina look. It has an inscription inside which I love (date is 1930 on that inscription). It has five little diamonds but they aren't as fiery. A few are tiny mine cut ones and a few are single cut. Unusual mix.

They are both 18k white gold, they both were the same price. I am attaching photos of the bands with both rings I would wear them with.

Curious about which one you guys are drawn to more.

Belais:

IMG_6620.jpg

Thicker one:

IMG_6619.jpg

Belais:

IMG_6623.jpg

THicker:

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg IMG_6622.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the thicker one. I find that it suits both the solitaires you are pairing with it better. But that's just my opinion lol

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you can go wrong with either, I am just starting to want to get into vintage bands, are there any specific sellers you recommend looking with, thanks!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think I prefer the Belais band but, honestly, I don't know that there's a wrong answer to your question.

That’s what makes this so hard lol!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you can go wrong with either, I am just starting to want to get into vintage bands, are there any specific sellers you recommend looking with, thanks!!

Both were eBay and I had never bought from either seller before. But they both answered my questions well. I will share once I make my decision and do the return.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
A couple of more detailed pics. I really hate my brown phone case. It makes my Center-stone look brown. 2B55F72A-243A-4C00-B58A-34F061F2F392.jpeg .

D53944C8-C4DF-4775-B613-90E855D60D70.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thicker band looks nicer to me, personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The texture of the thicker band looks better with your rings in pics, but you said the thinner band is sparklier so it may look better in person. This is a tough one. Is either more comfortable?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Both were eBay and I had never bought from either seller before. But they both answered my questions well. I will share once I make my decision and do the return.

Oh sorry I wasn't meaning I was trying to buy something you were purchasing, sorry for the confusion!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry I wasn't meaning I was trying to buy something you were purchasing, sorry for the confusion!

Oh no I didn’t think that you meant it that way. I’ve already bought both. I just didn’t want to give somebody a glowing review if they give me trouble when I try to return something. That’s always a worry!

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The texture of the thicker band looks better with your rings in pics, but you said the thinner band is sparklier so it may look better in person. This is a tough one. Is either more comfortable?

No they are both the same comfort wise!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no I didn’t think that you meant it that way. I’ve already bought both. I just didn’t want to give somebody a glowing review if they give me trouble when I try to return something. That’s always a worry!

Oh ok got it, hope everything goes smoothly for you! I really think you can't make a wrong choice!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the wider band, but then I’m old school and prefer a beefier set! Beautiful rings!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came here to choose -- but I can't. The close-up was helpful. They are both lovely and each has a story. At the price point of your solitaire, a case could be made for keeping both, I hate to say...

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
Can I be terrible and say you *need* both?
One to stack on either side of of your solitaire… thicker one closer to your hand, thinner one on the other side of the solitaire closer to the tip of your finger.
AND, it’s very practical because you could wear just the 2 bands stacked together as a travel ring and/or if you were somewhere where you wanted to be a bit more inconspicuous.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Ooh what a dilemma! In the best of all worlds, both :)

I prefer the Belais with your lovely solitaire and the thicker one with your bezel/illusion (?) set. But it’s splitting hairs.

That said, knowing that the diamonds sparkle more with the Belais, I’d go with the Belais.

I hope your decision becomes easier.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I came here to choose -- but I can't. The close-up was helpful. They are both lovely and each has a story. At the price point of your solitaire, a case could be made for keeping both, I hate to say...

You are killing me hahaha. But at least I am not alone in that it's a tough decision.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
are you listening to this!!!!! BOTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So I went with the Belais. I already dropped the other one in the mail before I changed my mind. I would love to keep both but I’ve been buying a lot of stuff lately! Also both of them are too loose. But I will wear anything from a size 5 to a 5.75 with 5.25 being my favorite. The one I returned was closer to a 6 and bc of the engraving and inscription it would be really expensive to size and I might lose some of the inscription. So I took that as a reason to return it. Had it been a perfect fit I probably would have kept both!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the Belais with your lovely solitaire and the thicker one with your bezel/illusion (?) set.

+1 And in the close-up shots, the Belais is my fave as a stand-alone.

ETA: I should have read to the end of the thread. You've already made a decision. And a good one, too! :D

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Welp do you want to hear how massively bonkers PS can make a person? I sent that thicker ring back and could not stop f*cking thinking about it. so I contacted the seller and told him that I changed my mind! It arrived back with him today and he had to refund me and then I had to buy it again in order to get it back. So at the end of the day the ring gets to take a journey and I will in fact have both. @LilAlex @nala @blingmeupscotty @MagpieMama I hope you are happy!!!! I’m officially a member of Crazy-Ville.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welp do you want to hear how massively bonkers PS can make a person? I sent that thicker ring back and could not stop f*cking thinking about it. so I contacted the seller and told him that I changed my mind! It arrived back with him today and he had to refund me and then I had to buy it again in order to get it back. So at the end of the day the ring gets to take a journey and I will in fact have both. @LilAlex @nala @blingmeupscotty @MagpieMama I hope you are happy!!!! I’m officially a member of Crazy-Ville.

#breaksoutintosong "I love you baaaaaaaaby and if it's quite alright I need you baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby to help the lonly nights I love you baaaaaaaaaaaby.. " bahhahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex @nala @blingmeupscotty @MagpieMama I hope you are happy!!!! I’m officially a member of Crazy-Ville.

I am generally not an "enabler" of this type of thing. It's the same advice I would have given to my spouse, though -- is this was not some kind of set-up!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wanted a band to go with my solitaire and I ordered two that are similar but I am stuck on which to keep. Here is some info:

1. Thinner one - it's Belais which is a known brand. It has 4 little single cut diamonds. The diamonds are pretty fiery despite being small.
2. Thicker one: the engraving looks deeper so more of a patina look. It has an inscription inside which I love (date is 1930 on that inscription). It has five little diamonds but they aren't as fiery. A few are tiny mine cut ones and a few are single cut. Unusual mix.

They are both 18k white gold, they both were the same price. I am attaching photos of the bands with both rings I would wear them with.

Curious about which one you guys are drawn to more.

Belais:

IMG_6620.jpg

Thicker one:

IMG_6619.jpg

Belais:

IMG_6623.jpg

THicker:

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg IMG_6622.jpg

But I'm ever so pretty momma..thank you momma.. [muhahhahahhahaha]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results