Should I keep or sell the wider band?

• 1. yes, sell it

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • 2. no, keep it

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting a new e-ring in a couple of weeks. I have the option to sell the wider band (see pic).
The wider band is white gold and the thinner one is platinum, which matches my new e-ring (in another poll the majority loved the thinner one for my ering).

Should I keep or sell the wider band based on how close it resembles the thinner one?? Is it worth it to keep it? It might be a drop blingier, just not sure what to do.

2_bands_prof.jpg

2_bands.jpg

halo_ring_thin_1.jpg

pink_polish_thicker_band.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Ah keep it unless you need the money but you won't get much for it. I enjoy mix and matching my stacking rings and for what you will get for it it is definetely worth keepingl

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
heididdl|1390965683|3603109 said:
Ah keep it unless you need the money but you won't get much for it. I enjoy mix and matching my stacking rings and for what you will get for it it is definetely worth keepingl

How much do u think I'd get? it would just be for the diamonds and the metal.... Any rough idea?-

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say sell it unless it has particular sentimental value to you - especially if you can use the money for other things.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, no sentimental value at all. I hope we get more votes!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted sell it - then you can put the money towards the round bezeled band you like so much! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd sell it and get a thin platinum bezel band or something that can be stacked with the thin platinum band. I had a very nice Memoire 7 stone band that I recently sold since I wear my thin platinum band all the time. It was such a shame for it to sit in a jewelry box unworn, so I was very happy for it to go to a good home where it would be worn!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'd sell too and get the bezel band you want!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would sell it but I have also purged about 90% of my collection to get piece that I wear and will wear for the rest of my life. So for me it is about quality not quantity. If you aren't going to wear this with your new set and it will just hang out in a drawer I would sell.

Price depends on how quickly you want it to sell. I have noticed for bands on preloved anything around $300-$350 goes quickly. Anyting really over that takes longer unless it is higher ctw. So really the question is how much are you willing to sell it for? You should know that 30-50% off retail is pretty standard for pre-love.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I get $ for the diamonds and metal - what it's worth for just that, not as the entire piece........

What about the ering setting? Keep that for future stone? ?? I can't imagine resetting it in this setting after i get the halo......

SB621

Ideal_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1391276109|3605793 said:
Thanks, I get $ for the diamonds and metal - what it's worth for just that, not as the entire piece........

What about the ering setting? Keep that for future stone? ?? I can't imagine resetting it in this setting after i get the halo......

Scrap metal you are getting the lowest possible price and melee really aren't worth anything either. you would probably spend more having someone remove them then you would get for them. If you wish to sell and get the most for your money you should sell as a whole piece.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
The jeweler offered this option to me because he figured what would i use the setting for (i bought a new one, coming soon).....
Do u think it's a waste to keep it?? I mean it is pretty close to my other one (I actually had it made to mirror my ring in the picture)...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I voted to sell, because like SB, I've been paring my collection down a lot and I find it quite liberating ... but I'd like to include the caveat only sell if you won't have any regrets. Especially because private sellers usually lose a little to a lot of money on sales: I've broken even on one or two, but they have taken a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time to sell, and they've been the ones that I hunted down for a steal in the first place.

As for why I'd vote for selling ... I think the thin one looks great with your new setting, and I think they're both too similar to work well together in a stack but not similar enough for flanking. So unless you think you'll have days when you want just a biggish band to wear or stack - in which case why not sell it and get one that can do double-duty, like the bezel band someone mentioned above - I say sell!

Pricing: I think it depends on where you list it and how you list it. I notice a lot of people list a little higher than they'll sell, simply because they know they'll get offers and want some wiggle room. So if you're good with bargaining, keep that in mind, or underscore that it's a firm price in the listing to skip back-and-forth.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1391630018|3608558 said:
I voted to sell, because like SB, I've been paring my collection down a lot and I find it quite liberating ... but I'd like to include the caveat only sell if you won't have any regrets. Especially because private sellers usually lose a little to a lot of money on sales: I've broken even on one or two, but they have taken a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time to sell, and they've been the ones that I hunted down for a steal in the first place.

As for why I'd vote for selling ... I think the thin one looks great with your new setting, and I think they're both too similar to work well together in a stack but not similar enough for flanking. So unless you think you'll have days when you want just a biggish band to wear or stack - in which case why not sell it and get one that can do double-duty, like the bezel band someone mentioned above - I say sell!

Pricing: I think it depends on where you list it and how you list it. I notice a lot of people list a little higher than they'll sell, simply because they know they'll get offers and want some wiggle room. So if you're good with bargaining, keep that in mind, or underscore that it's a firm price in the listing to skip back-and-forth.

Thank you so much! That's the thing, I might want more bling some days....but...what do u think the bezel band will look like?? Will it go with the new ring??? Will it look right? I saw Mysop04's combo , she has a halo like mine and put a round bezel next to it. The one I was thinking of is alternating, small round, then large...................

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results