shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: how much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
You are asking the wrong girl!! LOL seriously

I''ve spent oodles on Marc Jacobs bags and designer jeans so in all fairness the sticker shock of jewelry just doesn''t *rattle* me and it''s really something that will last ( not like some trends in clothing )

WoodyCreature

Rough_Rock
The point at which you spend too much occurs the moment you put yourself or your dependents at a disadvantage for the future, be it saving for college or putting food on the table. But hey, if you can afford it, and you want it.... . . . get it. And after all, no one will ever spend the kind of money on me like I would.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only limit I have is what is left after I have set aside enough money to cover utility bills, real estate tax bills and possible emergencies. As long as all those priorities are covered, I don''t mind spending the entire remainder on jewelry.

mikespooner

Rough_Rock
I think my main limit is how much I actually like the item. Fot that matter, there were very few things I liked so much that I would be willing to spend enormous amounts of money on them, if I had that money available in the first place. But if I did see something so magnificent and had the funds to spare, I''d spend a million or more. But than again, I am not much into ''big rocks'', but more into the imaginative designs and detailed work, so it would have to be some big name designer to reach beyond tens of thousands. In fact, the pieces that really captivated me to such a high degree that I would pay millions (if I had them) are mostly parts of museum collections, so aren''t really for sale. I cannot understant people who buy 5 or more carat diamond only to set them into a solitare ring and then what? Always attract attention with an oversized rock bigger than a finger? I think only Liz Taylor can pull off wearing a huge rock everyday without looking too ridiculous. But than again, it (the Krupp ring of hers) still looks a bit weird even on her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results