shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: how happy are you really with your e-ring?

How happy are you with your ring? Be honest ;)

• I absolutely love everything about it!!

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • I love it, but wish the diamond were bigger!

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • Love my setting but unhappy with diamond

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Love my diamond but unhappy with setting

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • It's pretty but not what I really wanted

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • I don't like my ring at all

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1321243296|3061160 said:
ZestfullyBling|1321229116|3060986 said:
Now I am absolutely Happy with my E-ring! I lost The original DH bought 20 years ago and tried various replacements over the years. I've learned a lot about 'me' during my search for my ering replacement. I had no idea I'd prefer a smaller diamond.

ZB, it's crazy, but I do too!

So interesting! I am looking for a smaller stone for my main e-ring, too (although it will be in between my original 1 ct. and my more recent 1.6). I recently bought an antique ring with a .55 center stone and I love it!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love my stone (though I do wish it was bigger some days) but I don't love the level of craftsmanship in my setting. I like the design, just wish it were better executed. Though, I don't feel like spending the money to get it tweaked to be correct. I figure if I'm going to spend a couple hundred on work on my current setting I might as well just save up and get a whole new one (BGD Grace is the one I keep coming back to but I'm not really sure I'll every pull the trigger on it).

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
I love my diamond, a beautiful antique cut inherited from my in-laws. I love it because it was given with love, to a girl they'd only met briefly and who was stealing their son away after only 6 months of dating! :lol: It made me feel so welcome, and trusted, a true member of the family.

The diamond I dreamed of as a little girl was a pear cut. The current diamond is a transitional cut round, and I will never trade it in for sentimental reasons, so a second ring it is, sometime next year. ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't have one... ;( :((

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 'other' - the original ER had been upgraded twice as our bank account, priority, tastes etc... changed over time. The first one had poor stats albeit a full carat and within our very limited budget, which i happily traded in for a higher quality one after almost wearing it for 8 or 9 yrs. A couple of years later, we decided to get a slightly whiter, bigger stone by setting the 2nd into a pendant, which was reset again just last year, into earrings. The current ER is really the 3rd stone already and has gone through 2 settings. I have been hinting to DH my itch to reset it again :Up_to_something:

Our ER never stops changing - it evolves together with us :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I voted I don't like my ring at all. The truth is that I think the diamond could look good in another setting, but I've already reset it once, and my husband couldn't take throwing that money away.

So, instead of this, we are working on a anniversary ring. I have the center stone, but am waiting to find the perfect setting. I am much more trigger shy after my first setting experience.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1321413858|3062668 said:
I voted I don't like my ring at all. The truth is that I think the diamond could look good in another setting, but I've already reset it once, and my husband couldn't take throwing that money away.

So, instead of this, we are working on a anniversary ring. I have the center stone, but am waiting to find the perfect setting. I am much more trigger shy after my first setting experience.

Oh no. :( Is it the ring in your avatar? Because I think that one is really pretty if it's any help.

You could always sell the setting though, so the money isn't wasted, and then get a new one.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Laila. Yes, it is the ring in the avatar. My wedding ring is yellow gold so I had to keep the metal color for sentimental reasons. I would take your suggestion, but I have not seen any YG settings I like more. Truth is that I don't like YG for wedding sets.

The setting has already caused a lot of issues ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/[/URL]), and it took about a year to get it to what you see now. I stopped wearing this ring, and posting the comment above made me realize I have to do something. I am going to get a brushed finish on it to see if I like it better because that was the original intent, but the finish did not last. I now know I can maintain it at home([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/matte-finish-that-lasts.168309/#post-3062711#p3062711']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/matte-finish-that-lasts.168309/#post-3062711#p3062711[/URL]) and will try again.

I think a matching band may also help the cause. Who knows. I feel like I'm flailing to save this ring. I feel like your wedding set is the piece of jewelry that can hurt you most. For me, it is a symbol of poor communication, and lack of effort.

Men, please listen to what your GF says she wants in a ring, or just buy a returnable center stone in a simple setting and work with your honey on it later.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My original e-ring was a beautifully cut .81 RB in a tapered baquette setting. I loved it because I picked it out!

Sadly, DS set in, and I upgraded to a larger Princess which I was unhappy with, and wore that for about 9 years.

That finally got traded in last year to my current 1.81 ct RB, which I love, and I also love the simple solitare that it's in. It's so versatile, and the size is perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results