shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: how happy are you really with your e-ring?

How happy are you with your ring? Be honest ;)

• I absolutely love everything about it!!

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • I love it, but wish the diamond were bigger!

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • Love my setting but unhappy with diamond

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Love my diamond but unhappy with setting

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • It's pretty but not what I really wanted

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • I don't like my ring at all

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no diamonds.

absolutely still head over heals in love with my spess e-ring.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1317184923|3027603 said:
no diamonds.

absolutely still head over heals in love with my spess e-ring.

Ugh, I completely forgot to include all the lovely colored stone e-rings. :oops: So sorry!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I wish there was an option like: I love it but wish the diamond had better specs...

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I have two, so yes all my needs are met! :cheeky:

Not sure what I want for a RHR: omc, ec, five stone with asscher. I keep changing my mind!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I love my origianl e-ring even better than my upgrade. The 1.07 size is perfect. It has a VS1 clarity where it is super clean even under 10X. I made a mistake going down to SI1 for my upgrade. I even love the J color because in some lights it is white and in others a beautiful golden. But what I love most is the colored light that pops from it.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I NEVER wear my original e ring at all. It's an oval, set in the elipse setting popularized by Tiffany about 15 years ago. I've had it for 29 years, and to be honest I was never really happy with it. But I'm keeping it in case my son wants to use it when he decides to settle down.

cmarie

Rough_Rock
My feelings about my ering are complicated because:

1) DH really did his best picking it out and has showed that hurt puppy look when I try to VERY NICELY talk about upgrading [even though he is being a good sport about it, I HATE HATE HATE hurting his feelings]

2) He let me help narrow down setting choices and we looked at diamonds together too, so since I helped pick it out, it's harder to deal with

3) We got the ring before PS or most other internet jewelry education, so I had not seen all the possibilities when we picked it out.

Plus my tastes have just changed (a little, not a lot) and I definitely wish it was way bigger, even though it makes me feel a little shallow to say that. We are saving for an upgrade and I think DH is OK with that. But he definitely isn't the type to be cool with multiple changes, so I really have to get it right the second time!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I spent a lot of time picking out my ering and over a year later I still love it :) :) sometimes I wish the v-tips on the pears were slightly more delicate but that is really the only thing I would change.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ITT I am inspired by the 43% of you who truly have e-ring love, satisfaction making the ring shine brighter. The positive energy definitely warms up the forum and I believe will help ring shoppers and enthusiasts find the right one and enjoy what they have.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am completely happy with my ring in that it is a perfectly cut stone with great specs and is in a Leon classic setting which is "me"...traditional, classic. However, I was originally looking for a 1.4 ct. stone and think that would have been a more comfortable size for me. Now I have fallen in love with AV stones and antique style settings, so I am considering a change. And I will likely go smaller because I think smaller diamonds are just as pretty.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I really do love my e-ring. Over the years I've had some doubt at times (wanted a cushion halo for a while and considered switching), but after a bit I realized that my EC is just "me"- simple and classic and will never go out of style. I love my stone, although I definitely will consider a reset down the road, as right now its a solitaire, so I may decide to do a three stone eventually for a major anniversary or something like that. But other than that, I am very happy with it! :love:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted other. I do like my ring, the problem is that the setting has gotten rough over the years. I keep getting the prongs looked at but no one has been able to fix the problem with the prongs being poky/rough. I am forever looking at my rings to make sure I haven't lost another baguette. I don't want to sell it as I've only seen one other person who had a setting like it. After our house was broken into and my husband's wedding band stolen, having the original set is still important, but not as much as it was.

That being said, I can't get rid of it, but am looking for an alternative to wear w/my new scattered band. I wear my wedding band on my right hand as I can no longer stack it because there is design work on it that is being worn off from stacking. I'm looking now at a 5 stone that's set low (to avoid being knocked around by my clumsy self) but has great finger coverage for my size 7.75 ring finger! :D

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love absolutely everything about my ering. I wouldn't exchange it or upgrade it for the world.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1317162115|3027299 said:
I adore my ring. I picked it out with my husband-to-be beside me, I have thousands of happy memories of being mesmerized by it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The degree to which I love my ring is the reason that I advocate so hard for women being involved in choosing their rings ....

:

Ditto. Except I'm not advocating anything for anyone else. I know women who would be miserable picking out their own rings and really want it to be a surprise. But they are never on Pricescope.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I voted that I like it but wish the diamond were bigger--my ring was inherited from my DH's grandmother and it is a .33 carat solitaire, so certainly not substantial. That said, I do love how delicate it is and it looks great with my (also understated and period) wedding band. If I absolutely had my druthers, I would love a 1.5 carat asscher, but in the meantime my ring suits me fine.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love my ERing- but I also love step-cuts (emerald cut) and yellow visions in diamond halos. I wouldn't trade in my ring for anything- but I would love another one :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like most PSers really love their rings and are happy with them. That's awesome!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
100% love mine - but then I picked it out. I chose an eternity band for my engagement ring, and there's not a day that I wish I had made a different choice. I love the way it looks and it fits my lifestyle really well.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I picked mine out and love it. I would be happy wearing it for the rest of my life. However, I chose "other" because of 2 small issues. One is the prongs - they're visibly uneven. One sticks out too far, two are fine, and one isn't big enough. At some point I will contact WF to send it in for tweaking, but I'm not ready to part with my ring. I will also probably need to get it re-appraised to raise the insurance amount before any work is done on it. And second, while I love the diamond and picked it out for its cut, I have become a bit more color-sensitive over time and wish I would have gone with F or G instead of I. I look at my diamond from the side a lot because of the design of my ring - it calls attention to the side view. I still want to stress that I'm happy with my ring, but an upgrade for color would be nice, and I definitely need to get the setting tweaked.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love everything about my engagement ring because it's my engagement ring. I would feel the same way even if it was objectively dreadful. I'm not a sentimental person, but I'm very sentimental about this ring. ;))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have a ring so I couldn't answer ;(

But if this thread is still running after Christmas I might be able to answer!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My 2nd e-ring was handed down to me. It was my mother's when she married in 1948. It is a 1 carat VS1 G round diamond that she transferred to a retro modern setting. No clue on cut, but it is not even close to today's ideal standards. I guess it is different with heirlooms because even though everything is not what I might have picked out, I would not change a thing.

One question, though. What would a round diamond cut prior to 1948 be considered? Were modern brilliants cut back then? From what I can tell it not a OEC or a transitional.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love mine! It still makes me feel all giddy to look at it, just like it did when I first got it! ::)

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I still love my e ring after wearing it for 11 years. I've never thought about changing the setting until I came back to PS a few months ago (to do some research on my RHR project.) I have a 1.5ct solitaire, in a 6 prong Tiffany-style setting. I really love how versatile it is. I did fall madly in love with a Leon Mege halo that was inspired by a Tiffany version and was close to resetting it. But, DH and my local jeweler talked me out of it. I'm out of the halo obsession now, even though I still greatly enjoy looking at other PS members' gorgeous versions. I adore Art Deco and every ring made by McTeigue & McClelland so I'm trying to put all my energy into my RHR and make it everything that my e ring is not.

My problem is with my wedding ring. Originally I had a full eternity band with 2mm melee diamonds set with prongs. (I think they're called precision set. Can you believe that when I bought the band 11 years ago, it was $750 for G VS platinum and the diamonds are very sparkly? Sheesh.) Anyhoo, my size went up from 5.5 to 6 due to two pregnancies and I had the band reset into two half eternity, bead set milgrained platinum bands. I love the small milgrain and the heft of the bands, but I am not happy with how the stones were set. I felt that they looked uneven to me, and this is without a loupe. I daren't inspect my bands with loupe because I think I will not be able to bear looking at them. I mentioned this to my jeweler (whom I'm on very friendly terms with), and she took a look under loupe and said that some of the stones are slightly bigger than others, and hence the unevenness in setting. (She had sent this job out to a platinum smith.)

Sorry this post is getting to be so long. I guess my point is that I am not very happy with my bands, and want to do them over again at a different place that charges probably twice the price but I know will do the job to my liking. But, I just spent $2k on this back in August and I can't really justify spending more money on it at this point. Plus, I think it might be better to just get a new band instead of sinking more money into this. OTTH, these are the diamonds that we got married with so there's definitely a sentimental value to them. Anyhoo, I better stop rambling now. Lol. I don't think I can talk about this to any of my friends or else they'll think I'm crazy. :lol:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1321207136|3060861 said:
One question, though. What would a round diamond cut prior to 1948 be considered? Were modern brilliants cut back then? From what I can tell it not a OEC or a transitional.

Ruby59, you may want to start a new thread with this question if you haven't already. It would help if people could see photos, and the experts probably won't see your question if it's buried deep in a thread like this one.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my original engagement ring because it was my original - that and my wedding band are 'untouchables' because of the sentimental value. My 20th anniversary upgrade was a "love" as well... until boredom hit... then I felt this internal "pull" to change it to something else. Now, my existing ring that I consider my engagement ring (what's a little white lie between PSer's... :lol: ) is one that I am TOTALLY in love with! :love: :love: :love:

I can't foresee anything changing now that I've had my corrections made by the jeweller and just can't stop looking at it!

Interesting responses that so many members are sharing - sentiment and being involved in selection seems to be a key component as to what helps a woman love her ring. Men - take note!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I am absolutely Happy with my E-ring! I lost The original DH bought 20 years ago and tried various replacements over the years. I've learned a lot about 'me' during my search for my ering replacement. I had no idea I'd prefer a smaller diamond.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am 100% happy with my ring.

I love the size, I love the specs, I love the setting and above all I love the memories that I have of the ring and how much it represents to me.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put absolutely in love with it, because I can't imagine exchanging it for anything... I wouldn't mind another one or two to switch it up with, but that's not a result of dissatisfaction with my current ring, but rather a result of loving lots of things (in particular, I want an AVC - normally I don't like diamonds, but they look sooooo pretty)! The ONE thing I am somewhat dissatisfied with is that my sapphire is not precision-cut. The fiance wanted to buy from a store in the area so we could pick everything out in person (which I totally understand), and the result was that I wasn't able to get a precision cut stone. My sapphire is still absolutely gorgeous, but I can see some extinction and asymmetry that wouldn't be there if we had gotten one of the precision cutters recommended on this forum to cut a stone for us (which was an idea I floated at the time). BUT at the same time, if we'd gone that route, I would have gotten a light blue sapphire instead of a cobalt blue one, because that's what I thought I wanted until I saw this particular stone, and I'm not sure I would have been as in love with it! I figure no one but me and PSers will ever notice that my stone isn't 100% perfectly cut... most people just focus in on the 100% perfect color and size.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1321229116|3060986 said:
Now I am absolutely Happy with my E-ring! I lost The original DH bought 20 years ago and tried various replacements over the years. I've learned a lot about 'me' during my search for my ering replacement. I had no idea I'd prefer a smaller diamond.

ZB, it's crazy, but I do too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results